April 26th, 2009

Gibbs issues 100-day grades for administration, press

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Reporters are outshining the Obama administration in the first hundred days, at least according to the administration's press liaison.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gives the Obama administration a "B plus" on its first 100 days.

"I think there's always - and I think the president would say - there's room for improvement," he said Sunday, in response to a question.

This isn't the first 100-day grade Gibbs has issued. He recently told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that the White House press corps deserved "a strong A" for its efforts in covering the first 100 days of the new administration.

"I think they're obviously doing a tough job particularly well," Gibbs said Friday in an interview on "The Situation Room."

Filed under: Robert Gibbs
  1. Simmy

I give President Obama and his administration an 'A' for a wonderful start. I give P.S. Gibbs an 'A+' for putting up with the snarky questions and remarks from a few in the press. I give the press a 'C.'

April 26, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  2. Ernesto

I doubt that Gibbs is going to say anything "unpredictiable" about the success or failures of HIS team. Is this news?

April 26, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  3. gary davis

I think Robert Gibbs is also doing a great job ..so many topics to cover each time he gives a press conference.. and he does it with intellegence and when a smile is needed he puts one on his face and goes on with the news

April 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  4. Joyce Becker

I agree with Mr. Gibbs that the White House press corps are doing a good job however I would grade them a B as some ask pretty stupid questions from time to time. As for the administration I would give them an A-, because of the tax problems some of them had.

April 26, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |

Guantanimo closing D
    Supporting Domestic Oil F
    Torture memo release F
    Stimulus spending F

April 26, 2009 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  6. Markus

Funny. Congratulating the people who are supposed to uncover the truth (but who haven't since they are enraptured with Obama), and a little self-congratulations thrown in for good measure. How nice! (trivial)

April 26, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  7. knowdalaw

Is this not an old photo? I saw Michelle Obama in that dress a month ago.

April 26, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  8. George and Loretta Fischer

We give Gibbs an A for his laid back, non-propagandist presentation to the press corp. I must say that we agree with one of the commenters that some of them do ask ridiculous questions. Grading a President after just 100 days is actually unfair and ridiculous, but Barack Obama has done more in this short time certainly than President Bush did in his last 100 days .... unless you count bailing out Wall Street with no regs. no controls, and very few comments. I give President Obama an A for a great start. He inherited a boatload of problems, and has made progress .... by no means perfect and it isn't going fast. It's going just as he said it would. A touch, slow recovery.

April 26, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  9. Nancy

I give the President D, he needs to stop dance and do his job.

April 26, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |