April 28th, 2009

Employee faints during Obama's FBI event

Obama got a big reaction at the FBI Tuesday.
Obama got a big reaction at the FBI Tuesday.

(CNN) – An offbeat campaign-year trend carried over into President Obama's White House tenure Tuesday: as he delivered remarks at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, an overwhelmed audience member fainted away.

"Oop, did somebody faint," the president interrupted mid-sentence after a bureau employee collapsed. "Do we have a EMT here?"

The president said it wasn't the first time his speeches caused someone to pass out.

"This happened during my political campaign all the time," the president told the crowd. "I was talking too long, people would be falling out every which way. They are usually fine. They just need a little bit of air and a little bit of water."

Moments before the episode, FBI director Robert Muller handed President Obama two teddy bears for daughters Sasha and Malia along with a bureau t-shirt and baseball hat.

"I am grateful to the FBI for the t-shirts, the teddy bear for the girls. Even though we kept our promise on the dog I wouldn't want to come home empty handed," the president joked.

Filed under: FBI • President Obama
  1. KLM

I love my president

April 28, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  2. phoenix86

Let's see, he promised to get a dog from the pound, but got a specially bred dog. That's keeping his promise? I can't wait to find out how he fulfills his tax -cut for 95% of Americans promise.

More empty words from the Fool on the Hill.

April 28, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  3. Mississippi Mike

I feel like falling asleep when he talks because he is boring, never says anything of substance, and drones on and on and on. I need a Red Bull and a good book if you expect me to stay awake during one of his speeches.

April 28, 2009 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  4. Jon in CA

Yeah, we wouldn't want the spoiled brats whining about not getting another taxpayer free-bie from daddy's trip.

April 28, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  5. Tim

What a stuck up piece of crap this man is.

April 28, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  6. Idiot_Peolosi

I farted during one of his long winded uselss speeches.

April 28, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  7. Tim

Obama is at the FBI to trumpet one of his new public works programs. He is busy rebuilding the wall that was put up between the FBI and CIA.

April 28, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  8. Hans Brecker, Albany NY

woo hoo...ride 'em cowboy.......

April 28, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  9. KADC

It was extremely hot and after waiting a couple hours in the sun there were several people that didn't cope well with the heat and the President was very helpful in calling for medics to the center of the crowd where a person did pass out from the heat.

April 28, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  10. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

I know what you mean Mr. President. The Newport News rally you held was extremely long. Thanks for the Propel and Aquafina though.

April 28, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  11. MJHS1967

Gotta love it...just reading the story sort of makes you "feel good" and personally I think most Americans just want to feel good and safe. It sure beats some old bald head, twisted-mouth (divisive), greedy lying idiot such as Limpboy! :)

April 28, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  12. gt

gulp !! thats is one of our best ?,,,,,fainting ,,,lord help us if there is ever a emergency....

April 28, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  13. J.P.

This is obviously George Bush's fault.

April 28, 2009 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  14. Veronica

"Oh, the vapors! Vapors!!"

April 28, 2009 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  15. hilary

That hat sure does look good on him, though I wonder how the righties are going to spin this and make it an issue.

April 28, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  16. Maggie from Virginia

@ J.P.

Specter is now a Democrat. Do you think that is George Bush's fault?

April 28, 2009 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  17. Diane, MO

I love the teddy bears, and our Commander in Chief.

Obama 2012

April 28, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  18. dominican mama 4 Obama

Congratulations Mr. President on your 100th day as POTUS!!

Thank you for staying the course; for proving to be a master chess player in your decisions; for not letting the detractors and the jealousy, and not even the threats keep you from your mission. A mission which encompasses restoring the luster to our nation, giving us respect and credibility not only domestically, but internationally as well.
    Thank you for being a person of sound judgment, and principles first, and politician last. Thank you for making me take an interest in our political system, and our leaders. And for making me a part, through your presidency, of the attainability through hard work and diligence of the real American dream.

God Bless you, and Godspeed to you,

Obama '08, '12, and beyond if possible!

April 28, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  19. Wayne H.

I think maybe the Pennsylvania GOP Chairman was in the crowd and got Twittered on the Specter move...

April 28, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  20. Canadian4Hillary

Please start Impeachment on him, with this flyover & swine flu, I dont trust these idiots to run any thing! Canada knew about the swine flu before the USA! They are not on top of things!

April 28, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  21. Fair is Fair

Must have been all the hot air.

April 28, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  22. An American

Funny, when I see Obama I feel like throwing up.

And by the way, the only people that will get help with the housing stimulus package are the ones that should have not gotten a mortgage in the first place and caused this mess. I have an upside mortgage thanks to those people who should not have gotten a mortgage. Fannie Mae was my servicer and I still cannot get help "because I am making my payments and not facing foreclosure. So, I am punished for doing the right thing and people are being rewarded for doing the wrong thing.

April 28, 2009 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  23. Mike in MS

Ahhhhh shades of Nurenburg.

April 28, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  24. Darlene

I'd probably faint too..that smile, that walk...what's not to love about our President

April 28, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  25. SPJ

Specter showed the true colors of the people that LIVE for the House and Senate positions. Basically, it means these people who supposedly represent us (for our votes only) don't stand for any core principle. They just want to stay in office at all costs; power and the money; they go where the wind blows; I mean where the vote flows. I don't know why Ms Snowe is upset; she has voted with the Dems, against her won party, time and time again. Is she upset that now that the Dems have converted a Repub they don’t need her anymore. Guess that is what happens when one doesn’t stand for anything.

April 28, 2009 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |