April 28th, 2009

Employee faints during Obama's FBI event

Obama got a big reaction at the FBI Tuesday.
Obama got a big reaction at the FBI Tuesday.

(CNN) – An offbeat campaign-year trend carried over into President Obama's White House tenure Tuesday: as he delivered remarks at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, an overwhelmed audience member fainted away.

"Oop, did somebody faint," the president interrupted mid-sentence after a bureau employee collapsed. "Do we have a EMT here?"

The president said it wasn't the first time his speeches caused someone to pass out.

"This happened during my political campaign all the time," the president told the crowd. "I was talking too long, people would be falling out every which way. They are usually fine. They just need a little bit of air and a little bit of water."

Moments before the episode, FBI director Robert Muller handed President Obama two teddy bears for daughters Sasha and Malia along with a bureau t-shirt and baseball hat.

"I am grateful to the FBI for the t-shirts, the teddy bear for the girls. Even though we kept our promise on the dog I wouldn't want to come home empty handed," the president joked.

Filed under: FBI • President Obama
  1. Raymond

@ Tulsa who says

"In case you didn't notice, people are RUNNING from the GOP. You people are as good as dead politically. Do us all a favor and work on being dead physically too."

----

Wow, reminiscent of Joseph Stalin's "Great Purge" where individuals were imprisoned and executed because of their dissent.

You'd make a great Sargeant in Obama's fascist army, Tulsa.

PS – in case you missed the "bad news".... when liberals get pregnant – abortion is the answer. When conservatives get pregnant – we rejoice at the blessing of a new life.

You're aborting your own party out of extinction... LOL.

April 28, 2009 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  2. nick

heck, I fainted watching the first debate on TV last fall

April 28, 2009 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  3. JP

Many people pass out when our preacher gives the sermon on sundays, only to be revived at the end of the meeting.

April 28, 2009 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  4. J. Richter

Whine, teleprompter, why not the traditional paper notes?
    I hate my country. I used to make people think I was patriotic but I only love my country when the president I want is there. I want to secede. Nothing is going right. The mini depression is his fault, he created it from when he was in Chicago. Ok but I dont like how he's spending to fix it. I'll complain about taxes even though they were just cut.

April 28, 2009 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Veronica

Raymond April 28th, 2009 2:34 pm ET

Raymond's post is a prime example of right-wing nuttery. Congrats, Mr. Man!

April 28, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Hey Raymond – PS – in case you missed the "bad news"…. when liberals get pregnant – abortion is the answer. When conservatives get pregnant – we rejoice at the blessing of a new life.
    ____________________________________________

according to the repugs when liberals get pregnant they are white trash. when rethugs (think Alaska) get pregnant they are saintly and do the right thing and have the baby and get married (or not).

April 28, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  7. Debbie

Right David, Obama the constitutional scholar ignores the constitution while, in fact, it was Bush and the Republicans who looked for every nonlegal way possible to throw it out the window. The Republican party they left behind now only appeals to the lowest common denominator of the American public - racists, homophobes, and paranoid schizophrenics (though it's not their fault they are mentally ill, so I harbor them no ill will). We have an intelligent president in the White House. He is trying to dig us out of an enormous hole left by your president and his hateful, unqualified cronies. You are the party of Rush, a misanthropic drug addict. Have fun as you watch your party disintegrate.

April 28, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  8. Marie MD

____________________________________________

April 28, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  9. Jamie

Hey he makes me swoon too.

April 28, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  10. A little sad

Mississippi Mike April 28th, 2009 1:53 pm ET

I feel like falling asleep when he talks because he is boring, never says anything of substance, and drones on and on and on. I need a Red Bull and a good book if you expect me to stay awake during one of his speeches.

***************************

I find that hard to believe, since you hang on his every word to come up with something negative to say.

April 28, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  11. shucks

What a delight to have this man in office. He makes us proud to be Americans again every day.

April 28, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  12. G

Haha that's so funny come on people laugh!

April 28, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  13. Anonymous

THE OBAMA DECPETION!!!!

April 28, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. Blue is my favourite colour

@ Ray Ray – you are dumb dumb. We are not up in arms about Fox news not airing his press, the intelligent, informative networks will carrry it and we'll watch them. That means that you and all the other lemming repubs will be watching a dumb reality show instead.

My uncle used to say: class will tell, [you know what] will smell.

April 28, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  15. Judy

WhoCares? April 28th, 2009 2:25 pm ET

"Let's see, he promised to get a dog from the pound, but got a specially bred dog. That's keeping his promise? I can't wait to find out how he fulfills his tax -cut for 95% of Americans promise.
    =====================================================

Sorry, buddy. The tax cuts took place on 4/1. Promise made – promise kept. He also gave a substanial donation to the DC humane society, not that's your business.

April 28, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  16. gregg45

shucks,, please say you,, not me,,,and the President was very helpful in calling for medics to the center of April 28th, 2009 1:55 pm ET

I farted during one of his long winded uselss speeches.

Tim April 28th, 2009 1:55 pm ET

What a stuck up piece of crap this man is.
    "Oh, the vapors! Vapors!!"
    April 28th, 2009 2:18 pm ET

I'd probably faint too..that smile, that walk…what's not to love about our President some respect
    as me typing now,, those medics ,, would have hauled his skinny whlack ass out in a hart beat,, and running over any 1 in the way ,he cares not about you or me.. i wish the obots could take the contacts out ans=d see the real world,,, oh that 1.5 billion for the flu,,, no cause for alarm,, amerika,, its just 1 out of the 5 who voted for god gets it

April 28, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  17. blipblap

Love him or hate him – the man can handle a crowd. Bush would have been stuttering and drooling for ten minutes. Obama stops mid sentence, calls for an emt – laughs it off and gets back to work. Its very likely his impulse was to walk off the stage himself and help but knows he can't play this way as president.

This is not a man who is going to choke on a pretzel.

April 28, 2009 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |