April 29th, 2009

Begala: High marks for Biden

Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.
Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.

Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.

After all, he orchestrated one of the single biggest coups in American politics: helping convince Sen. Arlen Specter to switch parties. He met or spoke with Specter 14 times in the last two months.

1. Ed's Kate

Mr. Begala has it right. VP Biden is a great politician as well as a very intelligent one.

April 29, 2009 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  2. Selena

I really hope we have more than 4 questions per hour.

April 29, 2009 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  3. Nikki Dai

I love my Vice-President and yes, he deserves an A. I however will hold off on the greatness of Specter until he proves himself reliable.

April 29, 2009 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  4. Janice

I am currently watching the Presidential news conference and I am very disappointed. I had great faith in this President to be a voice for women, but he was just asked about the Freedom of Choice Act and President Obama said it was "not his highest priority" in terms of pending legislation.

I am angry he thinks women's rights are not worthy of being considered a priority topic.

April 29, 2009 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  5. Renee Paray

I think Brack O'Bama has the best grasp on the issues
    as I have ever scene. He gets A.

April 29, 2009 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  6. malclave

Wow! A Democratic Strategist gives Biden a good grade!

To quote Captain Renault, I'm shocked, shocked!

April 29, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  7. Janet M. jacobs

The President Obama and Vice President Biden both earned A's. Congress is not team players and are not putting aside their personal political agendas, and the American people are sick and tired of this. They need to work with the President and his staff and lets make things happen for the Americans. Captain Jacobs US Army Retired.

April 29, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  8. elana

Well after the remarks for Biden, this idea has completely gone downhill!! Why ask voters to answer your questions, and then, after a period of time, change the first results??? Honestly, CNN, is it that difficult for you to be TRUTHFUL AND HONEST and keep the rules as you stated they would be??? Apparently you are TORN between the AWESOME OBAMA ADMINISTRATION and the ROTTEN REPUBLICANS!!

April 29, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  9. greenfun

Maybe some of us care more about the lousy job Geitner is doing with the economy. The fact that between Obama, Geitner and wall street we appear to have an oligarchy is much more important. How childish can politicians and reporters be for goodness sake ? Biden and Specter aren't worried about paying their mortgage, and most middle class Americans are sick and tired of this bipartisan baloney. Begala needs to donate his time at a homeless shelter or something.

April 29, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  10. Annett Marrie Barrett

At the 100 day mark of his tenure, I give President Obama an "A+" for his agenda, his efforts and initiatives to help all Americans.

Well done Mr. President.

April 29, 2009 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  11. ib

Spector has been nothing but a Rino all along; republican in name only. Biden is the biggest joke for a vp there ever has been.

April 29, 2009 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  12. Jana

Thank God or your higher being – that we have a bi-racial, super-intelligent person – who is has empathy – and knowledge – to lead us -- and the world -- to a more peaceful, economic levelability global environment. Godspeed President Obama. You are in my prayers every night.

April 29, 2009 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  13. Phoenix Lady

I love Joe Biden and I think he compliments the president in every way. He seems like such a good hearted and unpretentious person; but smarter and savvier than many people give him credit for. I love the way he interacts with people great and small. What a deep contrast to the last eight years!

April 29, 2009 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  14. Disgusted

Vice president? Biden has been seen less than Cheney. I give him a D. I can't give him an F being I don't know what he's done. At least Cheney proved he could shoot.

April 29, 2009 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  15. JOE POST

I think the president is doing a very good job for he has to deal with on an everyday bases. I just wish wall street will just relax and let president do what he has to do .

April 29, 2009 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  16. SUZIE MEUNIER

i think the president obama is doing awsome job look. what president bush left us with a real mess my husband i sit and watch CNN news to listen to the president i give him B+

April 29, 2009 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  17. Dee

Paul Begala giving an A grade to a Democratic politician is like Michael Moore giving a AAA organization rating to Code Pink. A fully predictable and equally worthless measure!

April 29, 2009 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  18. Dianeg

I don't think things haved changed at all for low or middle class people regardless if they are white race which I might add that Obama failed to mention in his speech. He talked only of the immigrants and blacks being vulnarable. I still wonder why he is willing to waste our tax money on issues regarding waterboarding a terrorist or torturing them when in america it is legal for a police officer to use a taser on a man, woman or child and don't need permission.

April 29, 2009 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  19. MIMI

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN GETS AN "A" – HE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

April 29, 2009 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  20. Joyce A. Zucker

I give Pres. Barach Obama an A+

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  21. Jim N

If getting someone to change from a republican to a dem is the best thing he has done, we are in trouble. Shouldn't the vp do more than that.

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  22. Lisa in New Bedford, MA

We are an extremely priveleged country to have President Obama as our Commander and Chief. I am confident that he will fix us and god knows after Bush We NEED fixing! God Bless you Obama and Thank you!

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  23. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

I give Joe a B+. He's staying out of the spotlight and not making any gaffes.

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  24. gatzzz@AR

yeah true. He is kind of an un-sung hero. He has been overshadowed by Obama's huge popularity. I hope it is good for him though. He can concentrate on his work rather than be in the limelight for everything he does. He efficiency in getting things done has got the trust of Obama very early which will make an aberration for his trash talks though.

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  25. dru

Gee, Paul Begala. He's smart but with a hidden agenda. He's a political consultant. Hey, he knows where his bread is buttered.

April 29, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |