April 29th, 2009

Begala: High marks for Biden

Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.
Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.

Vice President Joe Biden far and away deserves an A for his first 100 days.

After all, he orchestrated one of the single biggest coups in American politics: helping convince Sen. Arlen Specter to switch parties. He met or spoke with Specter 14 times in the last two months.

1. Lori-Ann

I think that V.P. Biden is doing a great job. I would give him a very strong A. Lets see how many more Republicans he can switch over by the last 100 days when it's time for him and President Obama to be re-elected for another 4yrs..

April 29, 2009 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  2. Lynn West Bloomfield, Michigan

President Obama has handled things masterfully. I give him an A. Also, it is so nice to see a VP who actually supports the President and is not trying to "out alpha male" him. I give VP Biden an A also.

April 29, 2009 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  3. ANGELA MCEWAN

The president and his team gets an A, just remember the last president, did not even know that gas price was over $4,
    AMERICAN, please wake up. ANGELA

April 29, 2009 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  4. Marcellus Burke

I give Pres. Barack Obama an A+ on his first 100 days in office!

April 29, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  5. c.

I am not pleased with your grading system. I attemped to give the president a grade of
    A +, but your rapid system came up with a C-. This is not fair

April 29, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Obama gets an A+ from me. What a relief to have such an intelligent president who is honestly trying to do what is best for America. He has dealt with so many issues and I believe brought us up from the brink of total financial breakdown. I am 62 and voted for Nixon and Reagan and I love Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  7. Joyce A. Zucker

Pres. Obama deserves an A+ on his 100 day press conference. However, on total performance of 100 days I give him an A-. Which is better than the last 5 presidents.

April 29, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  8. shirley anderson

How dare the American Television treat their President as if he were a new Sitcom – i.e. – to be rated!
    Your Nation is so fortunate to have voted in The Very Best of Gentlemen that you have in your country.
    Why don't you treat him with respect....give him support....make him feel good about what he is accomplishing both at home and abroad.
    He is giving his LIFE, his very BEST to you people.
    There are only a very few STATESMEN that are BORN to LEAD.
    As a Canadian, your GOOD Neighbour, I can only say, if you second guess this man long enough, you might just break his SPIRIT!\
    Your COUNTRY needs to be inspired, President Obama did that yesterday, today and he will in the days to come. Be proud you have such a man among you.

Yours sincerely, Shirley M. Anderson, Cobble Hill, B.C. Canada

April 29, 2009 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  9. Kenneth & Clemmie Ducre

On Behalf of my wife, Clemmie and myself, we give President Obama an "A" grade for the following: !. Mastery of the issues plagueing the country. 2. Articulation of them and their solutions 3. His visions of i.e. education, the economy, health care, energy etc. 4. His ability to mentally compartmentalize and multi-task.

Regards,
    Ken & Clemmie Ducre

April 29, 2009 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  10. loistitherington

I give president OABAMA THE HIGHEST RATING ON ALL ISSUES A+++++++++++++++++++ What a relief to finally have an intelligent, moral, thoughtful, kind, caring, president. I hope we can as a country get our moral compass back.

April 29, 2009 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  11. Chamorrita, MD

I give Biden a B+, he's been a very active and involved Vice President, unlike the zombie we had in former Dick Cheney. THANK GOD!!

April 29, 2009 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  12. Caaatherine Hudson

Joe Biden = A

April 29, 2009 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  13. Ken Johnson

Compared to Dick Cheney , he is ACES!!!

April 29, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  14. MJK

Vice President Biden is doing a great job.

April 29, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  15. SS

April 29th, 2009 9:01 pm ET
    I am currently watching the Presidential news conference and I am very disappointed. I had great faith in this President to be a voice for women, but he was just asked about the Freedom of Choice Act and President Obama said it was "not his highest priority" in terms of pending legislation.
    I am angry he thinks women's rights are not worthy of being considered a priority topic.
    ---------------------------

I'm a woman and I'm not disappointed at all. I'm very happy with the job that President Obama has done so far. While he's an expert multi-tasker, he cannot make everything his top priority. He did not say women's rights are not worthy. Right now the economy, healthcare, and our safety ARE higher priorities and if you really think about it, you'd say the same thing.

April 29, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  16. simon

I give A to president OBAMA OVERHAUL alls aspects.

April 29, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  17. spoon

Specter was a wolf in sheep clothing.
    watch for more.

April 29, 2009 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  18. john b

If president obamawas white, would the republican party feel different
    about his politics.

April 29, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  19. Dennis

Vice President Biden, through his experience, maturity and knowledge of issues has been a tremendous asset to the President and to the country. How nice to have thinkers and not ideologues in Washington

April 29, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  20. Clemens Sierakowski

Obama should not apologize for the United States. If it wasnt for our servicemen and women Europe would be speaking German and Asia would be speaking Japanese.

April 29, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  21. Joe

Elana is correct. I did the math on the grading, (do the math people), for a A-Grade, basically over 90% of the votes need to be A's. The rest has to be a B's and about 5% C's. No D's or F's. Thats on the 15K votes reported. After doing the math, I stopped being honest and started voting F as it does not matter. Cnn, please report and let us decide.

April 29, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  22. loretta

I think President Obama is doing a great job. The problems that he is dealing with were not created in 100 days nor will they be solved in 100 days. He is not doing business as usual and he is fantastic at multi-tasking. I think that the preception of America is starting to shift toward the positive because of his attempst to engage countries that we have had poor relationships and his attempts and stabilizing the economy. I am looking forward to his solutions for health care.

April 29, 2009 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  23. Dwayne

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!

April 29, 2009 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  24. Otto

Since Rome was not built in one day or 100 days; I think the work both President Obama and VP Biden has done so far gets a grade A.

When was the last time a President came into office and before day one was handed so much problems? It has been a long time and in my opinion; 100 days is not enough to grade an administration.

I prefer to wait two years before casting stones or judgement because in no way can a ship turn mid stream as quickly as a speed boat. People expect too much, too soon and even if it were a new job in any industry; it takes time to get adjusted. Too bad, most people seem to think a solution can be found over night.

April 29, 2009 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  25. G. Rogers

As a former Pennsylvanian and current Delaware resident I am extremely proud of Joe Biden and particularly grateful for the role that he played in helping Arlen Specter make his decision to join the Demoacrats.

Our family loves this administration!

April 29, 2009 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |