April 29th, 2009

Bennett: Biden off to a good start

I agree with CNN.com voters on this one: Vice President Joe Biden deserves a B for his first 100 days in office.

I think he's learned his lessons about speaking off the cuff, and he's done quite well. No serious gaffes yet, unfortunately for us Republicans.

He's been loyal to the president and tried to stay in the background as a good vice president should.

1. malclave

ROFL

Biden makes Quayle look like a genius. This is a so-called Constitutional scholar who's thoroughly unfamiliar with the basic structure of the Constitution.

But he does think Barack is clean and articulate, so I guess CNN gives him a pass.

April 29, 2009 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  2. akdmac

A Go Joe! Whe he was first announced as VP I had to stop and take a second look at that choice. What a swift and sharp move, showed myself and everyone else just how intelligent that Senator Obama was. He can work with all and will be the most active VP that we have seen in decades.

April 29, 2009 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  3. SLM

The only time Biden doesn't speak off the cuff...............when he doesn't speak!! Not understanding what he is being graded on, considering he hasn't done anything.

April 29, 2009 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  4. Judith Pittillo

I think Joe Biden is a really intelligent asset and I hope that he is able to contribute mightily to the effort. He does seem to be speaking less off the cuff although I appreciate honestly expressed opinions. If you look at what happens in Washington, you have to admit any sane person would want to get down to business.

April 29, 2009 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  5. Texas Teacher

Biden is doing an excellent job! I think he is proving that Obama made the right choice! He is doing his job. What more can we ask. There is never a doubt that he is the VP and not the President. That is as it should be. Cheney was more like a shadow president rather than a VP. And he is still proving that. Bush has the good sense to go home and let Obama be the President. Cheney knows that he is responsible for much... very much... of what was done in the Bush administration. That may well come out now.... and he is covering his posterior as best he can.... but it is a BIG posterior from my view! :)

April 29, 2009 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  6. Ernie in LA

He should have learned by now, as old as he is, to keep his mouth shut.

April 29, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  7. LouiseR

I feel Vice President Biden is a smart man and has done a great job in his first 100 days..He has a great repore with the Public and I wish him and his wife and family the best throught out his term.,

April 29, 2009 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  8. amherst girl

How can you not like Joe Biden? There's so much to like about him. He's not Sarah Palin, for starters. Speaks off the cuff and sometimes gets himself in trouble as a result...I like that. At least we know it's not all rehearsed....Good for him....and Good for the rest of us...Cheney is gone and Bush left , too.

April 29, 2009 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |