April 29th, 2009

CNN Poll: Hillary Clinton's Grade

(CNN) - A new national poll suggests that Americans think Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's performance deserves a grade of B minus.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday, as the Obama administration marks 100 days in office, asked respondents to use a grading scale of A, B, C, D and F, where A is excellent and F is very poor.

Twenty-five percent of those questioned gave Clinton an A, 33 percent a B, 22 percent a C, 10 percent a D and 10 percent a F. The Secretary of State's grade averaged out to a B minus.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted April 23-26, with 2,019 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus two percentage points.

1. Dick t

Terrible.....no regard for health of Africans.

April 29, 2009 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  2. John Burk

Check your math on that B =-minus computation.

April 29, 2009 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  3. M Nehrenz

I believe she is doing a really good job and she seems to be a natural. She would have been a great President as well – I was a huge supporter and would have voted for her, but the person we needed for the job is in office. I have to admit though, I thought John McCain would have been a great SOS. Kudos Hillary-it couldn't have been easy to accept this after the campaign! Maturity, intelligence, experience. You bring it all to this job and are a great representative for the American people!

April 29, 2009 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  4. Corey T.

Hillary is doing a great job. She is helping to restore a great image for America as seen by the rest of the world. She highly understands the issues that she is faced with, and Hillary has some very unique perspectives and ideas that make her stand out among diplomats.

I will openly admit that I voted for Hillary in the primaries last year. Obviously, she didn't win. There were many people, both Democrat and Republican, who were against Hillary. However, nobody can deny that she is doing a great job. She is showing everyone that she can handle top positions. Hopefully, she will be our next President in 2016. A+

April 29, 2009 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  5. Loretta Batson

Hilary is an Extraordinary woman ! This country will be better because of her. She is a very strong person. She will be there for the president , She will be there for the country . A+ for the president A+ for Hilary.

April 29, 2009 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  6. LouiseR

I think Hilary is doing a great job..She is a vary smart women who knows how to talk to people thrughout the world..I believe she is up on foreign affairs....She is an asset to President Obama...Amen

April 29, 2009 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  7. Ken Johnson

Living Legend!!!

April 29, 2009 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  8. R in Mississippi

I didn't like her "before" but I've change my view after seeing how she handled things when her dream to President evaporated. She's handled that with real class. I think all this happened for a reason and she might just be in the role she was meant for all along.

April 29, 2009 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  9. Dr. David Bruce

I would give her a B+. Let's give her a chance. How long did it take the Republicans to get us neck deep in this mess.

April 29, 2009 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  10. Biased Reporting

Cnn does not post any comments that are negative towards hilary! This may not post either. But It is obvious that clintons run this network!

April 29, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  11. pamela

Considering her powers are limited by the special envoys to the President that answer to him and not her on Afghanistan and Iran, she seems to be very sharp. Hopefully her husband's previous experience with Kingpin Arafat ( his refusal to accept a 2 state peaceful solution with 96 percent of the west bank and E Jerusalem as a capital) will not be forgotten when she tries to strike a deal with multi PA factions + Hamas (charter calls for destruction Israel) and a more security oriented Israeli government. So far she has a B.

April 29, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  12. No Hillary = No Obama

CNN grading Hillary Clinton? This is laughable. The last I heard from Jeffery Tobin he called her a narcissistic personality. The last I heard from David Gergen, he callled her a posionous ambitious person. CNN you have a hell of a nerve. I give CNN an F for their Obama non-stop promotionals that derailed Clinton's chances. CNN – Cable Narcissistic Network.

April 29, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  13. Ernest E. Evans

Great Job; I glade she's my Secretary of State

April 29, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  14. Anonymous

cant find the poll on your website

April 29, 2009 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  15. D-

She's still begging for money to pay off her campaign debt. She gets a D- from me.

April 29, 2009 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  16. seebofubar

I was not a Hilary supporter before, but I am now. I wish she would have won the Democratic nomination, then we wouldn't have this moron as a president.

April 29, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  17. Fitz in Texas

WOW, better not let Hillary read some of these comments or she'll run against Obama for sure and from what I'm reading he'll lose in 2012.

April 29, 2009 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  18. Ben

A year from now, those who are highly negative will be dining on crow.

April 29, 2009 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |