April 29th, 2009

Gergen: Obama gets B+ on the economy

I'd give President Obama a B+ for his handling of the economy so far. He essentially appears to be moving in the right direction, but the banking plan was slow to get off the ground and it's unclear if it will work.

1. Chris. Anyanwu

Pres. Obama came into Office when economic crisis has engolfed the entire nation. This crisis was the blunder of the past abuse of power and poor management. But pres. Obama has given us hope that America will be America again both home and abroad. He is doing a magnificent job in a multi-tasking way. My message to the republicans who are in the business of giving the present administration hard time is to be optimistic, and if America is good today it is good for both republicans and democrats. So they should forget self and status and come together to restore America. Patriotism is not words of mouth it is by words and deeds.

April 29, 2009 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  2. Jenny

A He is good and fair

April 29, 2009 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  3. Mini Richards

I give President Barack Obama an A-plus. I believe he is a wonderful president and Commander and Chief. We should be thankful that someone so gifted, honest and intellegent cares so much about our country because we were in serious trouble! He is truely a blessing to all Americans and a friend to everyone around the world if they are willing to accept true friendship from our country.

April 29, 2009 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  4. Gloria Foreman

It is so Great to hear a Pres. talk in all subjects

April 29, 2009 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  5. Theodros Bekele

I will give the president A+. Keep up great job you are doing. great 100 days on the office. Thank you.

April 29, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  6. John Randle

Obama has an incredible knowledge of issues and has the support of those who make up his cabinet. He exhibits real confidence and inspires any who listen to him. The country is far better off with Obama at the helm than those before whose interests were limited to those who put the nation in our current mess. Long live Obama. Long live Bo.

April 29, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  7. Veronica

Any man that is willing to face adversity and do so with heart and fervor
    is an "A" president. It's a tough job to juggle, yet he does it with a smile. Hats off to you Mr. President-
    Texas Teacher-

April 29, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  8. Sylvia

I am so proud of our President!! I give you an A+.

April 29, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  9. Emmett Bradford

President Obama desire an “A” across the broad based on his Efforts – Hard-Working Work Ethics, President Obama is doing an excellent job in leading by example.

April 29, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  10. Chris. Anyanwu

I know I have commeted on the performance of the president, I think he gets in over all A-

April 29, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  11. PC

Economy he is handling very well, cleaning-up the mess from previous President "era".
    Now he needs to star prosecuting the big financial Gurus" from Wall Street and Financial Institutions such as AIG, Countrywide, Merril Lynch.
    The Press is to critical. Give Obama a break....!

April 29, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  12. Andebrhan Haile

President Obama deserve A+ because he puts american people
    1st before poletics. He meets with the enemy without precondition.
    He is open tochange the broken policy which makes us to be hated by the rest of the world.

April 29, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  13. Belizaire Bassette

President Obama is articulate knowing what we need has american. will work for the american people days or nights. no need to grade the president because when Bush was in power no one ever grade him.

April 29, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  14. Yvonne Dubra

President Obama is doing a phenomenal job with leading our country with honor and humilty. He has earned an A+ in the place that count on the side of "The People".

April 29, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  15. Debbie

Does the west coast – specifically the pacific time zone get to vote in these polls? It appears the poll results are done & posted before the news program is even broadcast out here.

April 29, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  16. Emmett Bradford

President Obama deserves an “A” across the broad based on his Efforts – Hard-Working Work Ethics, President Obama is doing an excellent job in leading by example.

April 29, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  17. Maria C. Milla

In the past six years, the banking system has had no regulation whatsoever and there was a lot of wrongdoing. President Obama team has been cautious checking each bank. Are they mistaken for it?
    The Republican party in power at the time is the guilty one; now they show no human feelings for people in economic stress and their opposition has isolated them more. Today only 21% of Americans still considerer themselves Republicans! They are ashamed of their party. My father was a Republican party supporter but that party is not what it used to be

April 29, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  18. Jul

In the years that I've voted, I have NEVER seen a President take on, travel and TRULY put His efforts into making things better for many of us! He is TRULY involved and doing things to make it better, not just sitting back to let the Senate or House do the work for him!

April 29, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  19. Ledinberg

Mr. Obama just delivered a prepared speech. One could hardly call that a press conference. He allowed for no follow-ups and he rambled on and on after each question. Very poor performance from the Obama camp.

April 29, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  20. pearl dennis

President Obama I give you a A++

April 29, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  21. Eddie

I am so impressed and pleased with the President's ability to think on his feet.

April 29, 2009 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  22. LouiseR

I believe President Obama has done a great job in all the avenues he has had to face. He inherited a mess and he has been busy which he needed to be in order to get the mess under control.. He has the knowledge to take the us down the right path..

April 29, 2009 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  23. Chinyelu Okafor

Listening to him makes me feel good as an American. I am proud that we have such a brilliant President. I pray for him always.

April 29, 2009 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  24. bette reed

April 29, 2009
    I gave him an A for his first 100 days because he has tried to connect with all the foreign leaders and solve the big problems and help the main street people in this country.

April 29, 2009 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  25. ailene

I give the President A+ on the economy and Foreign Affairs.
    He should not bother to persecute those leaders that was in the previous government. Stare a new page.

I give Secretary of State Hilary a B+