April 29th, 2009

Gergen: Obama gets B+ on the economy

I'd give President Obama a B+ for his handling of the economy so far. He essentially appears to be moving in the right direction, but the banking plan was slow to get off the ground and it's unclear if it will work.

1. wardell

secretary of state clinton grade ( A )

April 29, 2009 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  2. Vicky

He may not can walk on water but he sure is trying, never have we had a President with the energy and stamina to do what he promised the people he would do,even if he can not accomplish everything he promised, it is refreshing how he gives the people a new perspective on life, and hope for the future, not just for the working people, and the corporations but also our children their future and the futures of many generations to come if we have no hope we have no future, thank you President Obama for a new look on our futures, to figure out the problems together as we face then daily and solve them together. You are doing a great job,we the people appreciate you , your family and all the efforts you have made to set America back to be the greatest richest nation in the world.She has stumbled but you have caught her before she fell.

April 29, 2009 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  3. Kitty

Finally! Someone can stand his ground against the inertia to just go from budget crisis to budget crisis-and implement policies which look to the future! Don't give in to the lobbiests and interest groups! Don't give in to ignorant people (even if it's a lot of people).

April 29, 2009 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  4. annie time for a Third Party

He is strictly F material. Only president we have ever had that is totally trying to destroy our country!

April 29, 2009 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  5. Berry B

I give the President Obama an ( A)

April 29, 2009 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  6. M Nehrenz

The President did a great job tonight! A without a doubt. Give the man some credit, look what he walked in to! I look forward to see how he does in the next 3 years and 9 months, but I have every confidence he will be the catalyst for the change this nation needs! We don't have to agree on everything he says and does, but face it people, he is doing a good job and I bet he has no trouble sleeping at night. He is doing his best to represent everyone-even those who don't agree with him. But that is what a democracy is about right? CNN however is another story-what was up with the CNN reporter and that really lame question? We expect more of CNN! You should represent us with your questions, not the network. It also would have been nice if you had held the questions during the press conference. I was watching, not answering questions. As for how the media is handling coverage of the administration-have you watched any of your coverage? It appears you are mostly still interested in creating panic in whatever is front and center at the moment. The media in this country is incredibly disappointing. Your created him, you helped put him in office and the coverage is still slanted to whatever you want it to be at the moment. Shame on all of you.

April 29, 2009 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  7. karenbeasley

CNN is right, it was a grand performance. All the questions were softball except one from Jake Trapper. The NYT reporter asked if he was "enchanted", give me a break.

April 29, 2009 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  8. wakeupamerica

I give him a B+ on the economy. President Obama is working hard for our country and I commend him on his efforts, particularly when confronted with so many different issues all occuring at the same time. He is the right man for this job – temperment, thoughtfullness, intelligence and pride in country.

April 29, 2009 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  9. Margareth Buschbacher

A for the President.

April 29, 2009 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  10. Liza

I am a proud new American I just did it for Obama, for the differents of the new presidency and a hope of a new America, thinking on me, my kids and the kids of my kids.

April 29, 2009 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  11. Magdalena Sanguinetti

I give the President an A+. Under the circunstances he has done an amazing job. How many Presdents had to deal with so many problems at the same time. Give the guy a break. 100 days to fix the economy, the financial crisis, the wars, the auto industry, the pandemic, and what else?? For all we ask from this President, he has to be a genius or a God! Remember he is human. Give him time, change is here to stay!!!

Tell Republicans to be more Patriotic and to put the interest of the country first. They will have time to play games later.

April 29, 2009 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  12. Yared

we love our president
    Good Job Obama!
    A ++++++++++++++++

April 29, 2009 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  13. Megan

If possible I would give him an A+++. He inherited a nightmare both domestically and abroad. Wake up people, we are not "left' or "right" we are a country in crisis that now has hope!

April 29, 2009 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  14. ssmoultrie

Thank you Mr. President- you are doing an outstanding job! A+

April 29, 2009 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  15. J ROSINSKI

The president's grade A...cnn a A

April 29, 2009 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  16. Ken in NC

A

April 29, 2009 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  17. Ken Johnson

DG, What-up wit that???

April 29, 2009 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  18. shiwms n phx az

I give President Obama an A+. He is an extraordinary man. I believe he truly cares about all Americans. He has my prayers that he achieves all that is good for the USA.

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  19. Anonymous

i'd give president obama a A. for his economy plan. he is in the right direction, his banking plan will work. He was right about pakistan. He is the one has a brilliant brain and using it ,in the right direction. A

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  20. arcolia

President Obama deserves an A for his outstanding ability to prevent Americans from thinking all is lost and that we are headed into a depression.

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  21. mpharmes

President Obama first hundred days , I think he has done a wonderful job of keeping his promises. I believe he deserves an A

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  22. lmj

this is the first time ever that I've been into politics. And so far i have to give this president and A for effort !!!. i really like the job he is trying to do. but he can't do it all by himself. he needs our help as well. i wish he was president a long time ago......(smile).

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  23. Sharon White

are democrats the only ones voting tonight? I give OBama a good solid D

I I have no respect for anyone, especially the President of the US to go abroad and apoligize for me or any other citizen of our country !!!! We are going to be so far in debt that no amount of tax hikes will ever get us out

April 29, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  24. Drew

I think he has alot on the table , but i have confidence in him. I would give him a C only because he is yet to change anything in my opinion.

April 29, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  25. bette reed

April 29,2009 6:39 PM

President Obama has tried to connect with all the peoples as well as helping the main street people in this country an "A" for the President
    by all means.