April 29th, 2009

Gergen: Obama gets B+ on the economy

I'd give President Obama a B+ for his handling of the economy so far. He essentially appears to be moving in the right direction, but the banking plan was slow to get off the ground and it's unclear if it will work.

1. Donald

Obama has earned an F for the economy and CNN has also earned an F for non objective reporting. Paul Begala is pathetic.

April 29, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  2. Anonymous

Good Job Mr. President A+

April 29, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  3. Mr. & Mrs.Solomon &Debra Feleke

President Obama makes me so proud. He is keeping his campaign promises for the most part. It's not easy to run this country in the shape that it's in right now. I give him an A because he's doing a great job dealing with multiple issues. No president has come out and spoken to the people like he does. He is truly an amazing person.

April 29, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  4. indie11

I'm just glad enough people voted for the smart guy this time.
    We are in a ridiculously awful situation as a result of the 8 yr debacle that far surpassed my expectations for failure and long lasting damage. Watching him actually think while answering 4 part questions in totality instead of blurting out propaganda "ex. freedom is on the march" is so refreshing I can't express my relief.

The last prez I saw do that was JFK who was actually killed before I was born but I watched the old b/w tapes and could actually see his brilliant mind working as the question was asked instead of spitting out a pre-conceived answer that at times did not even answer the question(Hi George!hey thanks for laying low I see you can learn from your father even now)

April 29, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  5. Alice Thompson

Good Job, Mr. President A++

April 29, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  6. carolyn allen

President Obama in my opinion has been placed in his position by God. He will continue to lead the country in a respectful manner for all of us. We are a great nation and we will overcome.

April 29, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  7. Lisa C

A+

April 29, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  8. Elaine Roddy

What about "the least of these" that Obama spoke of during the campaign? Apparently they no longer matter.

I find it hypocritical that Obama does not want see the Bush administration punished for torture & war crimes; but is too willing to see the poor, the disadvantaged punished for the crime of wanting to own their home by the loss of that home, their pets, wellbeing, everything. He aids the lenders that preyed on these unaware folks.

The credit made available by "bailout" funds is no help to people whose credit is ruined by a foreclosure. And Isn't too much credit partially responsible for the mess we are now in?

I worked hard for obama's election. I am very disappointed & angry.

This is not Change, it "more of the same".

Elaine Roddy
    Toccoa, GA

April 29, 2009 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  9. nope

I don't know even know why reporters at Obama's press conferences even bother taking notes when they can just get a copy of his teleprompter transcript. I give Obama an A for his reading skills.

April 29, 2009 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  10. Leslie Townsend

A+ for Hillary. We feel more confident that the United States can be 'friend and ally' in the world that we are all afloat in, with the President "raising the water level' and the creation of bonds of hope and trust.. working and taking action together.

April 29, 2009 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  11. adelaida garcia

I think the president is doing super good job. there is noone on this world that could do better. I give him a++ grade god bless the president and his family.

April 29, 2009 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  12. big_puppy

He deserves an A for all the mess that was left over better yet an A+

April 29, 2009 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  13. Luis A Jimenez

I think that Mister President Obama deserve an A +. His doing an exelent job ,infact he is doing 100 extra positve work ,compare to the 8 negative years ,is nice having somebady actualy working for all the AMERICANPEOPLE and not for the big corporations .He is actualy RESCUE US from the personal interest people like Mr.Carl Rove and Company . THANK YOU MR. O B A M A

April 29, 2009 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  14. Dennis Rector

Whats up with you people. We will regret what is going to happen to our country. I grade the president a D.

April 29, 2009 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  15. Olumuyiwa A, Fatodu

I give President Obama an A++ What a great President he is going to turn out to be. He is intelligent, thoughtful hard working, strong and compasionate. He brings the change that we want. Only the Lord gives a Country the Leader they deserve. I will continue to pray for his success and the success of this great country. The Lord will use him to bring this economy out from under!! Amen!!

April 29, 2009 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  16. J.P.

Thank you David Rodham Gergen. You can now get back to the business of permanently keeping your lips stuck to the behind of whatever liberal is in the highest position of power. Oh look, this time it's Barry. Please have your lips surgically removed from Hillary's wide load butt and attach it to Barry's skinny Kenyan butt. Oh, that's right... "he was born in Hawaii." My mistake.

April 29, 2009 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  17. SLM

B+ – Based on what accomplishments? Putting us into huge debt.

April 29, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  18. lazysnake

He gets an F on the ecomony. I don't see ANY change.

Nobody I know that has been laid off has a job now.

And that's the truth!!!

April 29, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  19. sunnydelight555

I give him a D- for the economy. Too many good people are still losing their jobs.

April 29, 2009 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  20. Douglas S

Unable to find where to vote but economy is not good yet, but He is trowing more wood to the fire, how can we fix economy by spending more money, it doesn't make sense. It doesn't take much to see this, but America still blinded by the charm of one intelligent man

April 29, 2009 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  21. Jeff

The economic crisis that Obama is having to solve was initiated by the Clinton administration. A New York times article in 1997 indicated that the Clinton administration was pushing for less than par credit seekers to have access to credit to purchase homes.It all started back then so hopefully President Obama takes little advice from previous administrations and creates a uniquely President Obama economic plan, that works.

April 29, 2009 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  22. Evelyn

I give Preaident Obama an A – I think he is doing what he believes what is best for the country.

April 29, 2009 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  23. Clue of Norway

A definite "A"
    Pres. B. Obama is simply the best American President in modern history.
    Wake up, America! – I beg of You: “To the benefit of the USA and for the sake of mankind please NEVER, EVER AGAIN elect an Republican Administration!” Perhaps the rest of the World will take You seriously again and respect and admire You as we once used to…

April 29, 2009 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  24. Luis A Jimenez

I think that Mr. Obama did a great job chosing his gabinet , going one by one , their experience , this is THE DREAM TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  25. mjm

Wow...A "B+". That should help some of you find a job and make ends meet.

It's amazing that he can score a B+ on the economy. If I spent 2 times more than I make for 1 year I would be broke....and a Democrat.

Talk is cheap until Obama finds a way to tax it.

April 29, 2009 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |