April 29th, 2009

Grade Barack Obama's first 100 days

Grade Barack Obama's first 100 days.
Grade Barack Obama's first 100 days.

How has the president handled his first 100 days in office?

Rate his performance here, and tell us why in the comments.

1. Joyce Sykes

I think Obama is doing an excellent. job.

April 29, 2009 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  2. cary

These grades are not a good representation of how the majority of America feels.

April 29, 2009 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  3. Nona

President Obama

Has been voted in at a defining moment in the country. He has meet the challenges it is still early but to have a movement forward on the an economy that was spiraling down out of control is Awesome.

As for as foreign policy ask the dead pirates who under estimated him and our military? HE is strong and decisive with a focused thoughtful process and compassionate deliberation.

The GOP is under estimating him again.
    Proud to say Mr. President

The media has been disrespectful in referring to him as Barack or Obama and not President as they should do all the time. I can not remember a time when I noticed it so much how they just say his name and not President Obama or Mr. President

April 29, 2009 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  4. Betty Burney

Calm, steady, intelligent, decisive leadership. Stimulus package is going to be a Godsend for this economy. He inherited a MESS from Bush and he is making excellent progress in cleaning up that mess!

April 29, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  5. TRUTH STANDS

terrific!

April 29, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  6. lita

Good job

April 29, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  7. Lori-Ann

I think he is off to a great start, I would give him an A, he was off to rough start with filling his cabinet, but they now have risen above that. He has brought about such a positive change in the White House that has been long awaited.

April 29, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  8. not me

Given all of the crooks and tax cheats in Obama's cabinet, I am starting to believe that USED CAR SALESMEN are more honest than politicians. At least the ones that Obama pals around with.

April 29, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  9. deb

GREAT!!!!! At tt! How would do it any better faced with all the depressed things he had to handle coming into this presidency.

April 29, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  10. Debra

He gets an A for initiative, a C for policies, and a D for clarity on the details of his plans. Change is a good thing when it is progress in the right drection. He speaks of creating new jobs yet details no plans of how to fill the vacuum left by the jobs that no longer exist.

April 29, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  11. Jean Heldstab

I give President Obama an A-plus He is doing an out standing job!

April 29, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  12. d2Ntelligent1

President Obama has done a great job thus far. I think the Republi "cans"; are the party of republi "can't" get it right. I think the American people made the Right choice. We finally have a smart President and not a Bully.... I try not to imagine where we would be if we hadn't put President Obama in Office.

April 29, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  13. Victor Ramos Jr

I give him an A. President Obama has done a great job and has not taken a vacation like President Bush. President Obama is handling all the issue left on his desk by the last administration head on.

I am proud to have a President like Obama.

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  14. Anonymous

i give him a f

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  15. Rene Alcantar Namoc

A-Plus! So humble and very well knowledgeable iin all functions of the President of the U. S. A.

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  16. Robin (FL)

D...and that is being polite. I give him a plus for his efforts in trying to get us out of the many messes we are in but I fail to see any change that he so heavily campaigned on. His cabinet is a bunch of thieves....how do you expect to trust any top official that cheats the IRS? I do not see him stopping the earmarks that he said he would stop....the first thing he does is sign legislation with 9000 earmark and then blames it on the previous administration?!?! And he has a congressional leadership that does not listen to him and instead runs their own agendas. I have not seem much work across the party lines, and meeting the the opposite party and pretty much saying...help me out or else...is NOT working across party lines.

When the pandering, blaming, squandering, lies, games, the parading around, and campaigning stop and the hard work begins, then and only then will I give support to Mr. President. He has done very little to stir up any sort of encouragement for change from me. All I have seen is money in the pockets of big business, special interests, and banks. Where is the help to the tax payers that he promised? WHERE IS THE CHANGE???? So far there are A LOT of empty promises and VERY LITTLE change. :(

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  17. C.FL

A-
    I am so proud of President Obama. He has returned competence, intellect, and respectful consideration back to the White House.

God bless America!

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  18. DS

I give Barack Obama an "A" for effort. Have I agreed with everything? No, but I'm not looking for perfection. President Obama is a human being, not a miracle worker. I don't know what we expect of him given everything on his plate. Think about it, he inherited a failing economy and now we're facing a pandemic. No president in recent history has faced so much in such a short period of time. I would give anything to exude the confidence and calm he demonstrates.

April 29, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  19. Loren G

CNN

Seriously – stop the grading process……who cares who votes in the five minutes you allow for viewers to call in. I’m DVR’ing the whole thing along with tons of other Americans – you should know the DVR audience stats right??. …so you know it’s not real audience participation or true polling.

Don’t do it next time…. You’ve distracted all of us from viewing and watching with great interest the opinions of the ‘best political news team on tv’ ……..we’re not watching cause we want to see the ‘best political audience on tv’ show….’

Thanks
    LG
    NYC

April 29, 2009 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  20. Pam

Given what he inherited, and the nature of the staggering chasm between the parties in Congress, he has done absolutely outstanding.
    He has foresight, intestinal fortitude, policital acumen, outstanding staff that he listens to and although he has met with obstructionism, has attempted bipartisianship. I expect history will show him to be one of the best Presidents ever.
    A+ in my book.

All the naysayers... give me a break. No one is as completely 'horrible' as some would say... Just goes to show some are more invested in tearing down rather than building up and being part of the solutions to the very REAL problems we have all over this country. I love this country. She, and all of Her citizens deserve a government that works. So, get off the 'obstruction' and become a REAL part of the solution.

April 29, 2009 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  21. eugene huggins

I don't think anyone could have possibly done more then he has and the world repects him. Thank you. Grade A

April 29, 2009 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  22. KATHLEEN

Obama still has my vote. I know I did not make a mistake.
    Obama has had a hell of a lot of messes to clean up! And
    the Republicans, who voted for Everything Bush wanted them
    to vote for, just do all they can to criticize Obama's every move!

Bush, unfortunately, would have been forced to do the SAME
    stimuli packages that Obama initiated. Our Country was going
    down! Thanks Bush-Cheney, Runsfeld for the mess that was
    handed down to Obama. I think the man has worked non-stop
    to straighten out the mess. And, he has been to other countries
    trying to make peace. I don't know of another who would have
    put his "everything" into solving America's problems along with
    the National Messes.

April 29, 2009 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  23. Claudette Chin

The President of the United States has kept many of his promises and is off to an excellent start considering he has:
    2 wars on his hands
    An untenable situation in Pakistan
    Economic Crisis
    Hostage Crisis
    Possible Pandemic

Which other President has had to face as many issues?

April 29, 2009 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  24. Yes we can!

President Obama has inherited the fall of america caused by the Bush administration. He has begun to clean up the mess no other president has done in history. He has vision, integrety, intelligence and the will. He has no hidden agenda like Bush and Cheney. Tell the haters to stop hating.

April 29, 2009 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  25. joe

welldone sir, keep the good work.

April 29, 2009 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |