April 29th, 2009

Grade the president's performance tonight

How well did Obama do tonight?
How well did Obama do tonight?

How well do you think President Obama did tonight?

Rate his performance here, and tell us why in the comments.

Voting has ended. You gave the president a B+

1. M Nehrenz

The President did a great job tonight! A without a doubt. Give the man some credit, look what he walked in to! I look forward to see how he does in the next 3 years and 9 months, but I have every confidence he will be the catalyst for the change this nation needs! We don't have to agree on everything he says and does, but face it people, he is doing a good job and I bet he has no trouble sleeping at night. He is doing his best to represent everyone-even those who don't agree with him. But that is what a democracy is about right? CNN however is another story-what was up with the CNN reporter and that really lame question? We expect more of CNN! You should represent us with your questions, not the network.

April 29, 2009 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  2. cl

It's going to take another Margaret Thatcher to bring our good old America back again. I think 1359 days to go...it'll go fast, I hope and can't wait to see maybe even Michael Steele take his place!!!!! As for tonight, it is still all about Obama, Obama, Obama. I passed by my television and turned it off once I saw him on the screen. He gets an F for loving the spotlight and only being able to read from a telepromptor. My President, Mr. George Bush, may have had his times with a few words now and then, but when he did stumble, at least it wasn't being read from a telepromptor. You probably will not be able to find a negative that he has said about anyone in office. That's the difference in character between these two. Thank you President Bush for your 2001 uniting of the world. SMART TEAM NO LONGER-–SCARY!

April 29, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  3. Copeland Foote

Words can't express. ThisPresident is just great. I hope to meet him one day.

April 29, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  4. CARLBORG

OBAMA HAS A WAY OF DOUBLESPEAK SUCH AS THE WHITE HOUSE HAS NEVER SEEN.
    NOT ONE IMPORTANT ISSUE HAS HE STUCK TO HIS ORIGINAL PROMISE.
    HE CAMPAIGNED ON BEING A MODERATE AND TURNED INTO THE FAR LEFT.
    HE IS DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY.
    HE GETS AN _F FOR BEING ONE BIG FAILURE.
    THE SENATE IS FULL OF HOT AIR FARTING FROM THE DONKEY.

April 29, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  5. Angie

Whoever is so quick to criticize, I would like you to take a hard look at yourself and see if you can just achieve only ten percent of what our President has sweat so hard to achieve in so little time, even though there is still a lot to do... I give him and A+ all across, especially in the effort dept... Quit acting like a spoiled brat, Guys and Gals that only want to be noticed when you criticize only for the sake of criticizing. You do not achieve anything in sapping down the SPIRIT OF HOPE, that we all, as americans , need so badly to nurture in order to get out of this grave crisis, and that our President and his excellent team have pulled together to LIFT, in order to help us all, INCLUDING YOU , Stephen Hayes, to get out of the mess we are in...

April 29, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  6. Malcolm

God Bless Obama when he gave him the Presedency I give him an A+ God Bless America

April 29, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  7. Frances Sealey

I think President Obama has tried to do an excellent job to the best of his ability. He has been very professional in all of his decisions with regards to all Americans. I have been very imporessed with what I did not expect with the other world leaders. I believe that he deserves the full opportunity to get more support from the Republicans because He is more concerned about the majority hard working Americans as well as others. My grade is A.

April 29, 2009 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  8. kie kie

that boy mest up the curve for every president for 50 years

April 29, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  9. kie kie

that boy mest up the curve for every president for the next 50 years

April 29, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  10. brad

All I can say is One Big Ass Mistake America that's what obama stands for.

April 29, 2009 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  11. Michael Povidlo - Manahawkin New Jersey

I am a Independent.,who often voted Repuplican. I am happier,and have never been prouder of an elected official than I am of president Obama. He has given myself, and the American people hope for the future. He is noigeble of the issues that affect all of the American people, and I feel has America's best interest, for most,and all of humanities interest at heart. The republicans,far right, have got to rethink there way of doing business.They put a very small % of Americans interest ahead of the majority of the American citizens. I don't care what political party you belong to, if any. Just remember, the American people voted , into the highest position in our country,a President, who they are relying on to represent, THERE BEST INTEREST and SAFETY at home and abroad .The special interest day's of keeping polaticans in office are over. The americn people have woken up. This is the first President that I believe in.He looks like one the american citizens can too.

April 29, 2009 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  12. Debra

Clearly, this man is brilliant. Watching him respond and actually think about the question and his answers. No platitudes, no silly comical gestures and smirky faces. Thorough knowledge of all the issues. An educator in chief. For those who chose to give failing grades, perhaps it reflects more of your educational woes and failings than anything about Obama. And for those 'bored', go back to watching your 'reality' TV shows and continue to live the mediocre life your are destined to live.

April 29, 2009 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  13. Tom Ochodnicky

That wasn't a press conference! Why don't you (CNN) tell the truth! He was given thirteen questions ahead of time so he could already have his answers!! And No reporter could have a follow up question!!!! If our president is as smart as CNN wants us to beleive why did he have to have question before they were asked?? Im still on the fence with him!!!!!

April 29, 2009 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  14. Charles Hendrix

Very good job given the cercomstances.

April 29, 2009 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |