April 29th, 2009
  1. Edith McGlynn

Cut taxes what a joke. When we got retirement statement they were witholding less in taxes however, our tax consultant looked at it and said oh yea wait until the end of the year. You will owe money to IRS it will be far more than you have received in your check now. Oh my God is all I can say because he is the only one that hears our cries. I thought Bush was bad now he is not looking so bad.

April 29, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. barbara

i feel that president obama has done a great job in all areas.he has constantly adjusted appropriately to the challenge he has encountered. i give him A plus in all areas.

April 29, 2009 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  3. Jacqueline Mongeot

Creating jobs take TIME. Get ready for high-tech proficiency. Get information, study, be prepared, this is my advice to all workers who lost their job

April 29, 2009 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  4. Jacqueline Mongeot

April 29, 2009 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  5. paul e gortmans

I give the President and A, because he didn't hesitate on any question. What he had to say made sence,and hes right it takes time to see any results thats been put into pratice. The congress is just as much responsible as he is. If they wont work with him, what can we expect. It takes all of them trying together to make our Country better then in the pass. Paul Gortmans, Livermore, Falls, Maine o4254

April 29, 2009 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  6. Disgusted

He gets an F. You got the title wrong. It's how high will he raise taxes and how many jobs will he cost this country.

April 29, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  7. deborah gortmans

I gave the President and A, for answering the questions. He didn't hesitate at all. He answered them and went right onto the next one. He made sence when he answerd each question. I can't think of anyone who could do that without stumbling all over them selves

April 29, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  8. Robin (FL)

Where's the change? I have little confidence in our President since one of the first things he signed into office went directly against one of his "campaign promises". He stated he would stop all earmarks that come across his desk. So what is the first thing he does...sign budget legislation that had almost 9000 earmarks. It does not matter that it was "left over from the last administration", he was in office when it was passed, and it went across his desk....do not shift the blame to someone else...that seems to be a theme with this administration. He says he want's to clean up Congress and Government...yet many of his own Cabinet cannot seem to pay their taxes.....how am I supposed to have confidence in that?

When will a campaign promise not just be rhetoric and be something that is actually acted upon?

So I ask again...where is the change that he so highly touted? When will he stop campaigning and start being President?

April 29, 2009 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  9. gary

And the beat goes on...... Exactly which corporation / small business is going to hire more people because of the Federal Budget??
    Silly me thought that employment would rise only to meet demand created by people spending DISCRETIONARY income on products requiring the manufacturer to hire people to keep up with the increased demand. Groceries, clothing, medical, utilities, and housing do not count as this is non-discretionary spending and will neither go up nor down.

April 29, 2009 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  10. mark

Goverment doesn't create jobs...........

April 29, 2009 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  11. TKW-New Mexico

For those of you who ask what jobs has he created, I pose the question, what would you do in his situation. What would John McCain have done? I hate to hear people criticize the president as if they have all the answers. He did not create this mess but he is trying his hardest to turn it around. Jeez people, give him a break.

April 29, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  12. Mark

To Carolyn & Ebony I deeply respect your opinions. Please listen I saw the government get rid of the shoe,textile, and battery,manufacturing businesses during my career. I payed my way thru school and worked my way up from sweeper to a Vice President (took twenty years) but I know what too much govt. does and what's happening now is not good...After the textile business collapsed I started a small business in two states and am now watching my city, county,State,and federal government tax me out of business. Please believe me the path we are on will not work and the longer we wait the harsher its going to be..I am sorry!

April 29, 2009 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  13. andy

April 29, 2009 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  14. SLM

In his dreams! What jobs have been created?

April 29, 2009 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  15. Canadian for America

To: Angela

"How about healthcare for all WITHOUT it becoming socialized medicine like Canada and Europe have. Too many bailouts but none for the taxpayers!!!"
    ______________________________________________________As a Canadian I can only feel sorry for you Angela, we all have health care in Canada for my wife and myself it cost $98 per month ($80US) You have been brain washed by the GOP to vote against your own interest. No one in Canada lose their business when they get sick, in your mind this is a bad thing. I will never understand some of you Americans. Think and stop listening to the right wing talk show.

April 29, 2009 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  16. laurie

i see no jobs created & i guess his tax break for middle workers will disappear in a year! talk about bait & switch. then he wants to do trillon dollar defeicts then talks budget cuts !! these are truly scary & dangerous times we live in. give the mula to people who will actually spend it instead of stuffing the mattress w/ it or the fat cats on wall st.

April 29, 2009 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |