May 1st, 2009

Palin joins Twitter

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Count former Republican vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin among the growing ranks of the political Twiterati.

The Alaska governor this week joined Twitter - a popular micro-blogging and social networking site.

“This is my official Twitter feed,” Palin said in her first "tweet." “From here I’ll provide updates on issues concerning Alaskans.”

The GOP vice presidential nominee wasted no time using her new cyber platform to explain her side of the story. In her second "tweet," Palin called sharply criticized the Associated Press for a story they wrote about her.

The Associated Press “gravely misquoted my staff, saying I 'changed my mind' on the stimulus package,” Palin wrote.

And Palin is also using Twitter to update residents about the H1N1 flu outbreak. “We still have no reported cases of swine flu. Be vigilant, AK! Wash hands & watch for flu-like symptoms.”

In less than three days, Palin has amassed nearly 12,000 followers on Twitter. She joins the service after the niche site has gone mainstream in recent weeks. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey recently joined, as have a number of high-profile political journalists.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Social Networking • Twitter
  1. PCG

Queen of the Twits on Twitter. Perfect!

May 1, 2009 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  2. j

Like I care -– ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

May 1, 2009 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  3. dominican mama 4 Obama

@Robin:

Robin I miss our back and forth banter! Where are you? Come join the fun!

May 1, 2009 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  4. Cdog

@Paula

"I am glad to see the bleeding liberals are still very very afraid of Sarah Palin otherwise all you sheeple wouldn't complain so much about her.
    I guess you have figuered it out by now that your empty suit is no comparison to someone who can walk, talk and be a leader at the same time. Stay tuned for Palin's next run. Hold on to your hopium, you are going to need it."

1st, I don't like the current political classification scheme, therefore I do not call myself a liberal, even though many a person would throw me in that lot. 2nd, I am not scared of Sarah Palin: I am scared of anyone whom believes she is a quality leader for any position in the US.

May 1, 2009 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. Independent

You CNN people are creepy with your Palin obsession!!!!! Every few days you have some insignificant news on her or her family. Who cares about this stuff, except the freaks at your editor’s desk? Do you people have pictures of her around you offices, do you talk to them? You seem to fit that very disturbing profile.

May 1, 2009 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |