May 14th, 2009

Bill Clinton glad to be political, even if Hillary can't

Bill Clinton is campaigning in Virginia for his friend Terry McAuliffe.
Bill Clinton is campaigning in Virginia for his friend Terry McAuliffe.

(CNN) – Bill Clinton is happy he can still dabble in the world of politics, even if Hillary Clinton can't.

Clinton said as much while campaigning in Norfolk on Thursday for his friend Terry McAuliffe, who is seeking the Virginia governorship.

"All of you know that we're very close friends," Clinton said of McAuliffe before the Virginia crowd. "All of you know that he did a great deal for me and our family."

"Hillary and I love him," Clinton continued. "And now that President Obama has given her a job that requires that she not ever participate in politics as long as she's Secretary of State, I'm the only one that can say that we love him."

Filed under: Bill Clinton
  1. Sara from Arizona

So, so tired of the Clintons. Happy trails, ride off into the sunset.

May 14, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  2. Monrob

And I love your wife. She should have been President.

May 14, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. Monrob

To: Mississyssy Mike:

Jump into your grand old river and drown!

May 14, 2009 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  4. Joe

Hey Bill. Why don't you come pay my mortgage for me. You allowed janitors to get $300,000 loans and now I'm paying for it. You ignored terrorism. And you lied to the country. Please stay away from politics.

May 14, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  5. RealityKing

Bill still leads the moraless left.

May 14, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  6. Nero

I hope you stay in Mississippi Mike, a rotten State for rotten people.

May 14, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  7. TCM

haha...I love the way CNN won't put a link for comments on the Pelosi screw-up....they just publish the article and try desperately to side with her blaming Bush....YOU KNEW ABOUT IT!

May 14, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  8. Peter E

Bill needs to STFU! He has done more damage to his party, and the country in general with his big mouth than with all of his corporate-hugging, deregulating, recession-starting policies put together!

May 14, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  9. awaitingliberalizationbyCNN

A red letter day for CNN, the lib idiohaters have an article knocking Palin, one deriding Cheney, one deriding Limbaugh and happy good times about Clinton and gives Pelosi another chance to lie. But there certainly is no bias at CNN. How is that Charlie Rangel investigation going?

May 14, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  10. Ia Guy

Welcome back Mr. President. You have been missed though I am pleased with our new president so far...and I didn't even vote for him :)

May 14, 2009 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  11. Appointed Messiah By His Detractors

M-i-ss-i-ss-i-pp...ah, who cares no one in Mississippi can spell anyway.

May 14, 2009 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  12. I used to like CNN but not anymore!

My question is, How do idiots like phoenix 86 and Mississippi Mike get their retarded comments posted when every comment I try to post gets condemned to moderation limbo? Is CNN trying to target the lowest common denominator for their fan club or what?

May 14, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  13. Vic of New York

Unfortunately I can't agree with Bill Clinton. In my mind Terry McAuliffe is the "Rush Limbaugh" of the Democratic Party. This is not an individual I would vote for.

My advise? Look at the slate of candidates, and if there is someone better suited – someone of character who is for the PEOPLE of Virginia – vote for that person regardless of Party.

McAuliffe is a parasite whose public relations firm has represented the worst of reprehensible companies and individuals. This character will line his pockets with contributions from vested interests and use his office as a mouthpiece for the highest bidder. He makes Rod Blagojavich seem honest.

Virginians beware.

May 14, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  14. Longhorn7

No freedom of speech here on this sight. A usual my comments are awaiting moderation which never get moderatored. Thanks Communist CNN.

May 14, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  15. mike

well I'd rather have him dabble in politics than dabbling in interns like he used to do.

May 14, 2009 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  16. Amy Dugan

he does such good things.
    check out my Bill Clinton blog

May 14, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  17. MS

Bad Newz: Did you support Michael Vick and his Bad Newz Kennel too?

May 14, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  18. Johnny DC

Hilary isn't in politics anymore because she's Secretary of State? Just like Pelosi wasn't pretending to Secretary of State during Rice's last 2 years? Right.

The two go hand-in-hand. (And the two I'm referring to aren't the Secretary of State title and politics. It happens to be two power-hungry women and sticking their noses where they aren't supposed to be.)

May 14, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |