May 14th, 2009

OFA fundraises on healthcare reform

(CNN) – Organizing for America, an arm of the Democratic National Committee dedicated to mobilize supporters around President Obama's agenda, is launching a new campaign to fight "special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues" who are against reforming healthcare.

In an e-mail to supporters Thursday, Organizing For America Director Mitch Daniels writes, "Special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues will now go into overdrive, spreading distortions and twisting arms in D.C. to water down the final plan - or stop it entirely."

Daniels also asks for contributions. "With your support, we can train volunteers, hire organizers, place ads, hold local educational events, bring constituent voices straight to Congress, and make sure your real life stories are heard louder than the lobbyists' spin," he writes.

Filed under: Healthcare
  1. annie for Palin

We don't want nationalized health care!!!! Bet those corrupt evil polticians in dc will keep their health care while the rest of us wait in line for years to get seen by a doctor let alone treatment. Don't let obama do this to us! He is already destroying the country – don't let him destroy our lives also!

May 14, 2009 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  2. Randolph Carter

Mississipi Mike wrote: Democrats have the Presidency and both houses of Congress, why do they need to campaign in support of the president's policies? Is it because his policies are lousy and the general public needs to intimidated into going along? Yes.

Because, Mikey dear, the ones who make piles of money off of the system as it currently exists are going to fight tooth and nail to preserve their precious bottom line. Have you forgotten the most basic tenet (not tenant, fellow posters) of republicanism: profits are more important than people? Even the commie lefty democratic legislators are not immune to the wiles of the drug and insurance lobbyists. Follow the money, grasshopper, and the truth will become plain. Have a nice evening!

May 14, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  3. Trang, Fremont, CA

Reforn has to include 'public' option, a choice that I am willing to pay, something Obama campaigned on. Until I am clear that it is on the table, I'll contribute. If not, I just wait and see. I am not paying to any private insurance whose main goal is 'profit'. I had cancer and they don't cover preexisting conditions, and what's the point of paying if they don't cover for the condition that I need them to cover. Well, I have lived for another 20 years w/ no insurance and I am okay w/ it. I don't plan to get insurance unless it's the public one, where my payments is to go to a public pool to help cover the cost for other people's medical care, and not for 'profit' for private insurers. So, Obama, it's not just the cost, it's also where this money to going to also matter to me.

May 14, 2009 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  4. Neil

There can't be any"special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues" left. Obama's got them all on staff.

May 14, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  5. Henry Miller, Cary, NC

How do you conclude that everyone who opposes socialised medicine is either a "special interest lobbyist" or a "partisan ideologue." Couldn't it just be there are those of us who have concluded, based on long experience, that government screws up everything it touches, brings with it extraordinary tangles of bureaucracy, and is insanely expensive? Couldn't it be that there are those of us who work for the things, like medical coverage, we get in life and vehemently resent having government give "free," at our expense, those things to people who have done nothing to earn them?

May 14, 2009 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |