May 15th, 2009

PEOPLE: Bristol Palin graduates high school

Bristol Palin has graduated from high school.
Bristol Palin has graduated from high school.

Looking like a lot of her classmates – giddy and irreverent, wearing a silly necklace of Blow-Pop lollipops strung together with curly gift ribbon – Bristol Palin stepped toward the stage in Wasilla Sports Complex Thursday night to receive her high school diploma, more a worried mom than a jubilant teen.

"Where's my baby?" Bristol mouthed, searching the two front rows where her family sat until she finally spotted son Tripp near the backstage door, where Bristol's Aunt Heather was feeding the infant a bottle. With a wave to the little one she alternately calls "Handsome" and "My Guy," Bristol crossed the stage – and crossed "graduate high school" off her to-do list.

"I knew it would be hard work, but I knew I was going to do it," Bristol, 19, tells PEOPLE.

Full story from People Magazine

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. gl, Pittsburgh

Looking at her age, she is already a year behind. She should have graduated at the age 17 or 18. She fail a year maybe it was that year she had Mono or her first baby.

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  2. Bubba

Clean out trailer number fifteen, Delbert. We got a new tenant. Yee-haw! No, why is this EVEN close to being news? Her baby daddy was on Jerry Springer? Not news. She's managed to graduate from high school? Not news, except it's nice to see a conservative who isn't being homeschooled for once. Her mom once ran for vice president on the Don't Vote For Us ticket with Grampa McCoy? Seriously not news, we know about it.
    These people are American Rejects. Drop them from your "watch list," please.

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  3. mike

so CNN Moderaters why are the comments closed on the Pelosi article but i'm sure they'll stay open on here.

Yes who cares about this but realize people before you speak this is a "people magazine" article that CNN took this from. Its nothing but fluff. We all know that. No one is deeming this hard core news.

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  4. Sniffit

The funniest part:

The more we come here and tell CNN to cut the crap and stop posting non-news stories about this family and their nonsense, the more hits/clicks this story gets and the more some back-room jerkwad in a $1,000 suit thinks this is great "journalism" because the only thing that matters anymore is whether people are seeing the advertising.

I hate irony.

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  5. Chris from texas

A huge weight has been lifted. I have been worrying about this for months. Pfff...This is not news.

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  6. Simon

And you call this news! A VERY mediocre girl gets through school!!! WOW. Ticker-parade time. What a joke!

May 15, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  7. Lynda/Minnesota

This is news because why?

May 15, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  8. Dave

Can't stand her mom, but congrats to Bristol anyway. Graduation's a good thing. :)

May 15, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  9. rachel

Yeah othe people do this every day and lots of them don't have a mother who is govenor and can afford to support both them and the child.

May 15, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  10. Cfoster

Good Luck, Hopefully you get as far awa from your mother as possible. It would be sad if her mother's dumbness rubbed off on you.

May 15, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  11. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I salute the millions of young men and women graduating from high school who have chosen to forego parenthood to enjoy their young life as teenagers. They are the real heros who should be reported, not teenage unwed mothers.

May 15, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  12. brian

typical misleading headline CNN.... "Bristol's big day" ... so people thought it would be her marriage.

no one cares about her graduation.

congrats to her and the other millions of grads.

May 15, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  13. Pel

I am a bleeding Liberal

I am happy for the young lady and I extend a congratulation to her. I hope she will continue with her education.

As a child I use to hear my grandmother tell the young girls in my family " Anyone can fall in the mud, but you do not have to soak it up by rolling around in it ". All you have to do is hold your head high, act like a lady and continue with your education, so you will be able to take care of you and your precious baby.

Good Luck,

May 15, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  14. Bramble

Enough with the Palins already. Can't you find some real news for your site?

May 15, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  15. emily

I never thought that graduating from high school would be considered hard, but then again I didn't have a baby when I was in high school...

I, personally, am darn tired of hearing about this girl and her family.

Bristol was thrust into the spotlight and forced to become the "cover girl" of everything from abstinence (honestly?), to safe sex, to teen pregnancy, to unwed motherhood, etc. If I were this girl, I would despise my mother for not forcing me to not have a normal childhood, raise my baby in peace, and allowing the media to cover my every word and move just for her own political sake.

May 15, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  16. dave

I can' t wait to see what all of the "open minded" liberals will say about her this time.
    As usual, I'm sure the attacks from the left will be viscous, and the the media will help to paint this day in some sort of negative light.

May 15, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  17. Ex-republican

Hey CNN,
    my daughter, 17, just graduated high school with 4.135 GPA. Would you, please, make this a national news. I think it will be more worthy then Bristols news.
    Thanks!

May 15, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  18. Tom Paine

Wow...there's some big news.

Once again, CNN and the lefy blogs can't get enough of the Palin family.

May 15, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  19. BRB

My daughter is graduating too, is this news?

May 15, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  20. Sniffit

If only the world truly were so full of bimbos as these articles make it seem.....

May 15, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  21. slim-fl

Oh Look she graduated Lets elect her Mommie Now for President. NOT!

May 15, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  22. wally

@ ex republican

i guess we'll find out what she says if she ever gets one. you do understand that she hasn't quite reached that point in her life don't you?

May 15, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  23. former republican

Congrats to all the graduates!

May 15, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  24. Steve in Kentucky

What kind of news judgment is this, CNN?

Do you actually think this belongs on a "political ticker?"

Obviously somebody there has declared that "we've got to have at least one Palin story every day."

You're as bad as Faux News.

May 15, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  25. Ken in NC

Congratulations Bristol! I am not a supporter of your mom but I am glad you have completed your High School education. It is not easy being a single mother and especially hard for you in light of the notority of your mom. Kepp going Bristol.

May 15, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |