May 22nd, 2009

Gibbs tweaks reporters

(CNN) – White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on Friday shocked reporters when he announced President Obama would name his Supreme Court nominee early Saturday morning.

Gibbs quickly followed up he was joking.

Filed under: Robert Gibbs
  1. marlene

"Obama announcement riles reporters". Who is writing your headlines? What a miss direction and had nothing to do with the proported NEWS. Marlene in Mich

May 22, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. Ron

WOW !!!!! A politician with a sense of humor? Hmmmmmmm!

May 22, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  3. shannon

he should give up on the jokes, he's just not that funny!

May 22, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  4. AmFem

Great! It's good to know that reporters can get riled once in a while. How about getting riled during an interview with Cheney and he's caught lying through his teeth? Nope, the reporter just moves on with his questioning. Reporters rile me, lately.

May 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  5. DG

Screw the reporters. They rarely report the facts anyway... only what "sells."

May 22, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  6. Dennis, Millbrae, CA

I agree with Marlene. After seeing the teaser headline I thought President Obama was declarign the end of the world. Turns out his press secretary is showing a humorous vein–something else that sets this Administration apart from the last one and is having a little fun with the press. I guess the press doesn't ahve a sense of humor.

May 22, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  7. Georgia Gal

Too funny!

May 22, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  8. John

I'm surprised it didn't say "Rips", "Slams", "Pounds", or "Tears Into" instead of "riles". Those words seem to be the only ones CNN.com knows these days. It's like I'm reading the WWE blog or something...

May 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  9. Bobby

Quota for Appointment of Supreme Court Justices:

White: 3
    Black: 2
    Women: 2
    Hispanics: 1
    Asian American: 1
    Gay: 1
    Republican: 3
    Democrat: 3
    Merit: 0

May 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  10. JT

Gibbes has always been one of my favorites. Love this guy.

May 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  11. Frank, Las Vegas

AmFem,
    I agree completely. They softball Cheney all the time, mostly on Fix News but CNN is not much better. They know his answer is a lie or twisted opinion and they just pass it by, no follow up. They call themselves REPORTERS? I think not. It's not only with Cheney either. What has happened to the real reporters? Are there any left, certainly not on FixNews or CNN, not a tough question to be found.

May 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  12. bj, Texas

Let me guess, you think he'll chose a conservative Justice? There's a greater chance that the sun won't come up tomorrow.

May 22, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |