June 9th, 2009
  1. John O

Jon Voight is the very person he portrayed is Enemy of the State.

June 9, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  2. Matt in CT

Come on Jon, didn't you know that the only actors allowed to comment on politices were Sean Penn, George Clooney, Susan Sarandon, and Tim Robbins? The same geniuses who will criticize you on this comment board are the same yahoos who lauded the "contributions to civil discourse" by such heroes as Hanoi Jane.

June 9, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  3. JDubIII

"We and We alone..." What do you mean by that Jon? Do you mean that you and your peers, whoever they might be, have special insight? Do you really think that the world is totally wrong when it expresses some of the feelings about the US? I do not mean for a moment to imply that the US has not done a great deal of good in the world. By the same token, it amazes me that people either don't know or don't wish to face the reality, that our record is not spotless, that there have been grave injustices brought about by this country. The key to a being a complete being is to recognize the good and the not so good that is part and parcel of an individual. And until that happens, until we realize that "we and we alone " are not the sole arbitriers of good and have a monopoly on wise judgement, we can never approach the other members of planet earth with any degree of integrity or reality for that matter. "Obama oppression ...?" How is standing up to other countries and saying, yes we have erred, but yes we have done good as well...oppressive. Or does Jon Voight and his followers feel that we can legitimately stand before the world and say that we have NEVER done anything wrong. It is troubling what I am seeing in America, the vile hatred that is coming forth. And the inability to see the facts that are laid before us. And before any of you choose to leap at my comments, be aware, that all I am saying is that this is a great country, which has done its share of un-great things. Therefore, your argument has to be, "No, the US has only done great things..." Is that really what you want to argue. My goodness, ask any expert, the first step in becoming whole is to admit to past mistakes. That does not make one any less great. It makes them stronger in the end. Obama oppression...lol...Jon...how personally are you being oppressed right now? And as for the Israel, if you feel the best way for peace to take place is just to let them fight it out, then please examine your defintion of peace. Gee, don't we teach schoolkids that its better to talk your problems out than to just fight all the time? Maybe if you could ask your daughter Jon, you might learn something...oh that's right...excuse me for that one..

June 9, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  4. Dameun

i am glad to see yet another nut-job speak out against Obama. False Prophet? Come on John, you can do better than delivering the monologue anyone could. Dig Deeper.

June 9, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  5. Jay

Hey Jon, he's not a false-prophet with a messiah complex if he ACTUALLY SAVES THE WORLD.

You're guys broke. Just keep that in mind.

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  6. Once You Vote Black: Mute Newt

I am sure his comments make PUMA very happy.

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  7. Sean from Marin

And we care why? The right is so far away from reality it scares me to think that until recently they were in charge of our great country. Jon Voight should move to the south and join the rest of his regional party on the sidelines. They all seem to miss that "progress" is the core of progressive!

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  8. Kelby In Houston, TX

Normally, people on the right hate it when celebrities voice their political opinion. They act as no one cares or should care what they think. I wonder what will be said of Jon Voight's opinion.
    I'll bet they will welcome these statements and elevate him to the inglorious status of a Fred Thompson ;)

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  9. ee

How ironic, an ACTOR calling the president a false prophet. I wonder if he can see it? I doubt it.

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  10. Travis

Good to see that some Hollywood actors still have some common sense. Jon Voight rules...

June 9, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  11. Billy J in Texas

Oh dear. The midnight cowboy has lost a marble or two it seems.

June 9, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  12. larry

who claimed that the president was any kind of prophet except some crazy actor.

June 9, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  13. DJ Shorter

Rich, really rich coming from Jon Voight. "DEVoight" of any morals as a father.

June 9, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  14. Rich

Hey Jon- It's President Obama not just Obama.

June 9, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  15. Leo J

Jon Voight is right... for once! This almost makes up for that accent he had in Anaconda.

June 9, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  16. In Philadelphia, PA--Cradle of Liberty

I now believe that Jon Voight has lost his mind. His daughter, Angelina Jolie, has said for years that he's on the margin. But now I believe it also. His xenophobic, reactionary rant is irrational at best, and unbalanced at worst. What in the world is wrong with this country trying a different tack, to find peace and reconciliation, instead of aggression and division? The times call for a new approach, and I am glad that this new President has the fortitude (notwithstanding Jon Voight's act) to say what must be said, and do what must be done, to stabilize the mid-East. I don't know it if it can succeed: generations of resistence seem weighted against his efforts. But it is in the best traditions of this country for our leadership to seek solutions beyond violence, and I applaud Barack Obama for his initiative.

June 9, 2009 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  17. azkt1965

Wow...I never knew that the President 'prophesied" anything...thank you Jon Voight for enlightening me.

June 9, 2009 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  18. WI Voter

Why do we care what all the leftist socialist hollywood types have to say! All these west coast elitist liberal actors should just.. oh wait

June 9, 2009 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  19. Tara

they forgot the part where he praised fox news sean hannity, oreilly, and limbaugh. A network (Fox) whose president (Murdoch) said that Obama was 'dangerous' ..i mean what do you expect?

June 9, 2009 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  20. tim

Only the right wing called him a "prophet", so they could say these things, Voight played the character in "24" that disrespected the President; I see he didn't have to act for that part.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  21. Bob from SC

To each his own....I disagree however with his premises/statements

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  22. THDALLAS

Jon Voight...Jon Voight... Ah yes, the creepy guy from Anaconda. I know who he is now.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  23. Blake

The GOP has been blasting Obama and his plans since day one in a jealous rage, with petty accusations, and downright lies. The one thing I find lacking in all of their bluster is an antidote to everything they find wrong with this president's plans.
    If they think he is so wrong, then they surely must have some plans of their own, short of the snivelling I have heard. Let's hear their plan. Or else, be quiet, and give him a chance to let his ideas work. Better yet, get behind him and HELP. And PLEASE get off the payroll of big business and give the AMERICAN people a chance to get this ccountry back on it's feet.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  24. Jim

What exactly has Obama prophesized? The recurring theme that I've been hearing is, 'We're in a hole, we have a lot of work to do.' Obvious, perhaps, but hardly prophetic.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  25. Gustave Ticky

Voight's frustration is understandable. As a father, he failed. As an actor, he was never that great. He campained for McCain, supported the war in Irak. Now he is disrespecting the President of the United States Of America. This to me, sounds more like the rants of a person who is borderline lunatic. The facial expression are a display of rage. Why is he so angry?
    So Jon, fix your relationship with your kids first. Leave the running of America to the people with competence. Besides, if you were not an actor, nobody would pay attention to you.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |