June 9th, 2009
  1. Dave

Speaking of rhetoric... but not so lofty.

Nice to see the GOP is back at the "fear" schtick. The thing is... I'm not afraid.
    I'm not afraid of gays.
    I'm not afraid of other countries.
    I'm not afraid of the poor.
    I'm not afraid of religion.
    I'm not afraid of the lack of religion.

You just don't scare me and you can't make me vote out of fear.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  2. anon

didnt jack bauer already take care this?

June 9, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  3. Gerard Rohlf

John Voigt's choice of biblical references shows his own messianic narcicism. His worldview contains no room for any countries other than America and Israel. His fear is scary. He missed the whole "Blessed are the Peacemakers..." part of the message. He "...stands at the doorway to the temple, and keeps others out." If there is not a peaceful (whether amicable, at first, or not) resolution to the Israel-Palestine issue, the "holocaust" he fears will consume the World. Fear-feeding people like him will have brought it about.

June 9, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  4. kgeukes

this man is a washed up has been and a very bad actor to boot!! I don't watch 24 because he is on it. Sorry Kieffer. As for him calling Obama a "false prophet" that's scary because he wouldn't know one if it came up and slapped his face!!!! What a freakin' fear monger!!!!!

June 9, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  5. AD

Man, these republicans look like a bunch of hate mongers to me

June 9, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  6. Peggy Cavanagh

President Obama has a 70% approval rating as of today June 9,2009 (compared to Bush's 12% approval rating when he left office). President Obama keep up the good work and we are proud of the way you are re-framing the message Americans have for the world. We are safer now because we have a president who dares to lead the hard way - through listening, compromising and collaborating with other countries. Jon Voight is in the minority and his words are hollow.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  7. Melissa

And Republicans are whiners who are just upset that they aren't getting their way. The only people referring to Obama in religious terms are trolling Republicans.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  8. BB 22S

Mighty hubris rises again in Voight's message. It takes study and practice to become an orator. It requires words to ring with truth not distortions. Anyone can climb on a stage and stir people up to frenzy and anger with provocative language and manipulation of facts.

reminder: there is a major difference between a politician and a true statesman. America finally has a statesman to lead-

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  9. lefty loosy

Obama a false prophet ? No not at all. Chill Jon Voight ,if anything
    Obama is a Liberal train wreck.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  10. Rob

You are absolutely right.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  11. thierry

what is his point? where is the substance?

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  12. Cathy

Finally, someone speaks the truth. Obama not only is a false prophet, he is our worst nightmare.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  13. LuAnn & Wayne Houle

Does any one care what this wack-job old washed up Republitard has to say? I don't. Didn't even listen to the video. I've heard enough out of him over the years. He should concentrate on his dysfunctional family and spend less time blowing hot air.

June 9, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  14. Catapult

While I to some extent agree with Mr. Voigt's observations, I also believe that now is the time for the US to charter a new course in international affairs. I do not think, as Mr. Voigt claims, that all of Obama's actions have been disasters. It's far too early to tell. I fondly recall a saying I often heard and repeated from my military days: "Do something, even if it's wrong". Because we cannot predict the future, action is usually preferable to inaction and this goes as well for our president.

But one more thing. I have a problem with Hollywood actors, on the political left and right, who themselvs live in a priveliged environment of make belive and special effects, proclaiming themselves experts on events that take place in the real world. I really don'tthink they have a clue.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  15. Moses

Jon Voight needs to sit his behind somewhere. This is not the TV show 24. We have try the approach of using our nukes and look where that has gotten us. After only two days of Obama's speech, Hasbullah party was defeted into the election over the weekend there in Beirut. That means people are listening. We don't have to kill innocent civilians there and continue to claim self defence. Also, I am not sure what he meant us being treated as liberator. By whom? and in what country we were treated as liberators? Iraq, South Korea, Kuwait, Iran, France these were all the countries that American soldiers lost their lives to help defend. Look were that got us. I am sure he does not beat his kids simply because he disagrees with what they had to say. His speech was for you and I Mr. Voight. The people of Beirut have taken the first step towards that. Something the previous administration with all thier treaths and fire power could not accomplish.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  16. Larry in TX

Our war based on false pretenses has monumental waste that is still be tallied. There are your false profits, Jon.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  17. James G.

This B-actor is delusional! Yes, America is weaker but our decline certainly didn't start in 2009 with the current administration. What about the collapse of American morals and values, unprecedented presidential power wielded during the Bush regime, a crumbling Educational system, corporate and individual greed, and general Apathy from the American people being called out as contribution factors to our decline? No – Mr. Voight will never share those facts because it doesn't generate headlines nor result in applause.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  18. Dave in Albuquerque

This, from a guy whose greatest claim to fame is playing a male prostitute in a movie.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  19. Greg from MA

I don't think anyone has called President Obama a "true prophet" to begin with, so calling him a "false prophet" is a bit...stupid.

It's the GOP, what can we expect. Maybe they'll try and go retro in style with Newt Gingrich as the new "voice" of the party. Wait, what's that? Gingrich was the keynote at last night's fundraiser.

Oh, the troubles we've seen.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  20. Vince from DE

I wouldn't say he was a prophet. False, yeah, that would be one way to describe him.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  21. Jeremy

Like it or not....he's got several points...

I voted for B-O, wishing I haden't.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  22. Retired Army in San Antonio

Ya know.......I find it funny as hell that all the 'people' (term used lightly) who (derisively) refer to the President as the 'Messiah' and (false) 'Prophet'.....these people are all Conservatives/Republicans.

Which gets to my point.......it seems that these 'people' (term again used lightly) can't seem to make a point without the name calling and personal attacks.

Which leads to the one obvious conclusion that these 'people' really don't have a positive message; they're sad, desperate and weak as a group and the ONLY hope that they have is that they'll be able to spread suspicion, fear, and yes......even hate.

That's all that's left when you lack a message, direction and are leaderless. And they did it to themselves!!!!

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  23. Johnny Northwest

Really? So war is our only option? Wait, we tried that policy with republicans...one of the longest wars with no end, no peace in the middle east, etc. - thanks Bush, loves and hugs.

June 9, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  24. jmac

Finally, someone with some sense speaking out.

June 9, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  25. Chris

It is always old dissapointed white men crying for the job that belong to them for more than 200 yrs. Look at him talking about them being selfrighteous and doing the name calling. I imagine a chinese leader talking like that 20 yrs from now...

June 9, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |