June 12th, 2009

Palin tight-lipped on political future

(CNN) - Sarah Palin told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday she's not ready to announce any decision on whether she will seek re-election as governor of Alaska in 2010 or seek the Republcian presidential nomination in 2012.

"I'm not definitely going to do anything yet," said the former Republican vice presidential candidate. "What I'm trying to get done for Alaska right now is to get that Alaska gas line built. We need those energy sources flowing through North America. That's what my focus is."

Pressed if she had made a decision privately about future plans, Palin said "No decision that I'd want to announce today."

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released last week, Palin was effectively tied with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as the top pick by Republicans for the party's 2012 presidential nomination.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Robin

I like Sarah Palin. She is a successful govenor and a real person.

She scares liberals and that makes me like her even more. But the hate monging will soon enter.

Why are we conservatives called the hatemongers? I just don't get it.

June 12, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  2. LIP

Advertisers for the Letterman show would be wise to think twice about continuing their relationship with him. Nearly half of the US voters voted for Sarah Palin and those half find Letterman's excuse ridiculous at best and should start watching the show to see who they will boycott.
    The liberal media needs to back off from continuing to insult the female gender.

June 12, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  3. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Sarah Palin wouldn't stand a chance in 2012. But what's up with this pipeline to nowhere? It sounds like a pretty huge earmark if you ask me. I thought she was all about reform. And why is she sending American jobs to Canada? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

June 12, 2009 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  4. Adam from Ohio

Oh, yes, she's working in the best interest of Alaska–which explains exactly why she's ignoring her home state and jetting all over the country.

June 12, 2009 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  5. Ajay Jain, Garland, TX, USA

Palin should first polish her interviewing SKILLS before running for political office EVER AGAIN!! However she would be an asset to an Obama – Biden 2012 ticket!

June 12, 2009 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  6. marcus

PLEASE run for president... it will help make the entire republican campaign a laughable circus of stupidity.. we can only hope that the core of the republican party would carry you to victory in the primary, so barrack would have to debate the intellectual equivalent of a 3rd-grader...

June 12, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  7. Mark D.

Sign #5,924 Sarah Palin isn't ready to be a national political leader: She gets in fights with COMEDIANS! Have some grace and thick skin, like every other major politician.

June 12, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  8. smokey

What a joke! She needs to give it up already...I will find it surprising if she even gets re-elected as Gov by her own state , let alone seek the office of President.. She must be living in total denial ! Not only did she lose the election just a few short months ago, but the truth came out when it came to all those interviews..We found out she is really way out of her league ! Only wish she knew that

June 12, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  9. barking republican ankle biters

Hey look,Its our highest paidbig OIl and gas spokesperson,Sarah the exxon mobil shill.She doesnt represent people anywhere,just her own pockets.

June 12, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  10. Diane P

Why all these articles concerning Sarah Palin? I don't know anyone who takes her seriously or really cares what she does. Why doesn't
    CNN leave this balanced journalism for FOX , I would think intelligent thoughtful people could care less about anything concerning Gov Palin.

June 12, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  11. Donna

She has been a dreadful governor for Alaska, after having done a terrible job as Wasilla mayor. Certainly, she is not fit for national office. My guess is that she'll get a show on Fox or something.

June 12, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  12. Joshua: TEXAS

Part of me wishes that Palin would just go away, but the other part of me realizes that she would destroy all chances of the Republicans winning an election in 2012 if she were the leader of their party.

June 12, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  13. Pegasus

Please don't even think about wasting your money running a presidential campaign in 2012 because you don't stand a chance. And who do you think will vote for you if you do run? Nobody but your lowest of low base. And it will take more than your lowest of low base for you to win. So what you need to decide right now is making that call to the RNC and telling them you are bowing out before you get embarrassed in 2012.

June 12, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  14. Bonnie

She should go back to Alaska and make herself useful by working on "saving the polar bears" and global warming problems.

June 12, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  15. Simmy

NO - NO on both......If she does and or she will lose......

June 12, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  16. Moe NY

These people already ran for office and were rejected by the majority of American voters. What makes the Republicans think the same people with the same old policies would be presidential material the next time around? Fear-mongering, hate, and old failed policies is still their platform.

June 12, 2009 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  17. pam Eugene OR

"I am not definitely going to do anything"
    She is so a laugh a minuite.
    I hope she stays around to entertain us also while assuring a reelection for President Obama also that he will be our President for the next 8 years also. Wink Wink
    I am not going to bash, slam or otherwise also say mean things about this comedian.

June 12, 2009 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  18. Proud DHS radical

In light of Obama, she certainly can't do any worst.

June 12, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  19. pam Eugene OR

"I am not definitely going to do anything"
    She is so a laugh a minute.
    This must be the only thing she is tight lipped about.

June 12, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  20. BlueSmokeStudio

There is no doubt that she's going to run in 2012, this has been evident since before the end of the 2008 campaign – why bother with any pretense in playing this close to the breast?

June 12, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  21. jnywest

I really hope that she just goes away. She brings nothing of substance to the debate whatsoever. I much as she would guarantee an Obama win if she where the republican canidate in 2012 for pres; I would rather that our country have the choice between two smart, thoughtful, educated, and dynamic persons.

June 12, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  22. Phat Elvis

i hope she runs. she'll get 21% of the vote, that's it.

June 12, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  23. Kimberly

Oh PLEASE SARAH RUN!!! Oh MAN I can not WAIT to see her comedy sketch, oops, I mean her campaign speech. I have been putting money aside JUST to contribute to her run. I am so excited to see her as the nominee, oh what fun to hear this uneducated moron run her mouth again, this time without the Mccain team keeping her ignorance under tight control, hahaha, let the woman speak, its like watching a car crash, you want to look away but you cant

June 12, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  24. Monty Delaware GOP!!!!

Is this proper english??????

Please run..... for something... please.... As a republican, I can wait to vote against you...

And another thing... try focusing on parenting so your next few kids don't become unwed mothers......

June 12, 2009 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  25. Lisa B

She's not ready for Washington.... Until she can handle what the press throws at her, she will never make it. She also isn't seasoned enough.

June 12, 2009 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |