June 12th, 2009

Palin tight-lipped on political future

(CNN) - Sarah Palin told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday she's not ready to announce any decision on whether she will seek re-election as governor of Alaska in 2010 or seek the Republcian presidential nomination in 2012.

"I'm not definitely going to do anything yet," said the former Republican vice presidential candidate. "What I'm trying to get done for Alaska right now is to get that Alaska gas line built. We need those energy sources flowing through North America. That's what my focus is."

Pressed if she had made a decision privately about future plans, Palin said "No decision that I'd want to announce today."

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released last week, Palin was effectively tied with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as the top pick by Republicans for the party's 2012 presidential nomination.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. qagal

Yawn – who cares?

June 12, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  2. Paul in IL

I find it hard to believe Ms. Palins 'official' comments regarding anything. Beyond the joke controversy, look at her push for the natural gas pipeline earmark. She obviously didn't do any research. The most recent Natural Gas Annual Usage Outlook report, published by the Dept. of Energy's Energy Information Administration, gives estimated usage through 2030. This report shows a 0.2% increase in demand for natural gas over ALL usage sectors. Ms. Palin and the rest of the misinformation politicians need to read before they speak!

June 12, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  3. Hrothgar

Miss Wasilla will do anything to stay in the news. Republicans write off Rush Limbaugh’s slander, deceit, and insulting propaganda has “entertainment”. It is very clear that if David Letterman were republican his comedy would be written off as “entertainment” as well. Again Miss Wasilla is being a total hypocrite. There is a political party civil war going on in the United States and the democrats are clearly winning! Get use to it republicans, you are all going down for decades to come.

June 12, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  4. BC

When did everything become so Politically Correct and so serious. Can't we take a joke, granted not one of his better ones, but still a joke. I'm sorry your 17 year old child got pregnant, granted this happens alot all over the country, and its not a good thing but it happened. If you chose to be in the political spotlight your life will be on parade. Its a fact of life. Please stop trying to make a name for yourself and go back to Alaska so we can stop hearing about you. No one knew who she was before she became the vp candidate. Can we go back to that? Please.

June 12, 2009 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  5. MICHAEL

Why doesn't Palin stay in Alaska and do her job there. By the way shouldn't her daughter be in school instead of going to a baseball game? Add to that does her husband have a real job?

June 12, 2009 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  6. Texas Annie *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Pee Wee– Unlike Sarah Palin, I am not running for any political office nor promoting myself in the national media. My grammatical mistakes would not affect an entire state or nation.

=============================================
    Annie, Annie, Annie, read that last sentence and see if YOU can find the grammatical error(s).

It's kind of scary to think that you might be signing something on behalf of your state.

It's amusing to see you, and others here, implying that she is stupid.

June 12, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  7. Chris

"Sarah Palin, The gift that keeps on giving"

June 12, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  8. John H

What is happening in America where someone as idiotic and just outright stupid as Palin can draw attention? God, help us!

June 12, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  9. Freddy Humdinger

Hopefully Sara will be posing in Playboy soon.

June 12, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  10. David C

Sara, Can't you take a joke? After all, don't you remember the BIG joke of the last couple of years? Uhhh-YOU & McCain??

June 12, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  11. Maty

Go girl. Sarah Palin is one of the few politicians with common sense and she understands that she is a public servant. She works for us, the people who are carrying the tax burden of this country. We need MORE politicians like her instead of those currently in office who are high on power high and spending us right into the poor house.

June 12, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  12. Kev

Hey! I would still do her!! A little "eye candy" in the white house never hurt anyone. Besides, do you really think the president comes up with these crucial "decisions"? That's why they have "advisors".

June 12, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  13. Dale

This "BIMBO" needs to go back to Alaska never to be heard from again.

Why is the news media still reporting on what she thinks of says? She is not newsworthy!

Let her fade into oblivion!

June 12, 2009 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  14. Harry

Run, Sarah, Run!

I would love to see Obama win with 100% of the electoral college.

Not even Alaska would vote for her!

June 12, 2009 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  15. Ernestine

@tess – I would love to see that the view will rip palin a new one the lady has no original thought in her head and yes I am afraid of her and so should you if she is elected. She is one scary mama!!

June 12, 2009 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  16. Kevin Carroll

Oh Lord! It's a joke for crying out loud. If it was up to Palin, I'm sure she would ban Letterman and fine CBS and trash the First Ammendment.

Don't worry Sarah. David doesn't want your darling.

June 12, 2009 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  17. David Young

Sarah Palin go home and leave America alone.

June 12, 2009 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  18. Howard Buaas

LOVE SARA PALIN!!!!!!Many Texans feel the same way,She is a classy lady.Much admired in this world of Southwest voters.

June 12, 2009 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  19. Debra L.

I thought we might be through with Sarah Palin, but unofrtunately sh ei such a Publicity WH*re that she wont go away. Go Back to Alaska SARH. Wait for 2012

June 12, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  20. Jon

I see a lot of comments here and other places about how liberals are scared of Sarah Palin, and I have to say I find that hilarious. As a hardcore liberal I for one truly hope Palin is able to stay in the spotlight with David Letterman's help until 2012 and then capture the Republican nomination to run for president. I can't imagine a weaker candidate.

June 12, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  21. Debra from Georgia

Chris from Albany New York Said:

To any Republican/conservative who thinks that we're scared of Sarah Palin: you people are crazy. Palin has amazing entertainment value, I get a kick outa almost everything that comes outa her mouth and agree with almost none of it. Please, please nominate her for prez in 2012.
    ______________________________________________________Kudos to you buddy, an America salute to you.. Because anyone that can get pass hearing her voice is good. I can't get pass her voice. It erks me.

June 12, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  22. Mary

Wow – the ticker is all Palin today?? And then close the comment so quickly.

She needs to get her facts straight and quit putting words in people's mouths. Letterman said nothing about rape.

She keeps talking about this and talking about this. So, who is really trashing her daughter??

Just let it all go

June 12, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  23. smokesignals

ENOUGH!
    I can't take anymore!
    This woman is totally irrelevant.

June 12, 2009 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  24. No MO PALIN !!!

@Robin She scares liberals and that makes me like her even more
    She reminds me of Elaine Bettis (Seinfeld) as in Comedy!!!

June 12, 2009 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  25. seebofubar

Keep it up Sarah! The more that you are in the news, the more the un-educated morons on the left get pissed off. Mostly because they have homosexual tendencies and refuse to accept that there is a woman that is supperior to them in all aspects.

June 12, 2009 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |