June 12th, 2009

Palin tight-lipped on political future

(CNN) - Sarah Palin told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday she's not ready to announce any decision on whether she will seek re-election as governor of Alaska in 2010 or seek the Republcian presidential nomination in 2012.

"I'm not definitely going to do anything yet," said the former Republican vice presidential candidate. "What I'm trying to get done for Alaska right now is to get that Alaska gas line built. We need those energy sources flowing through North America. That's what my focus is."

Pressed if she had made a decision privately about future plans, Palin said "No decision that I'd want to announce today."

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released last week, Palin was effectively tied with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as the top pick by Republicans for the party's 2012 presidential nomination.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. martin

Well, no matter who Dave was talking about, that was a low blow and in seriously bad taste on his part. I mean, come on, was it at all necessary?
    Does he need to stoop that low for laughs?

June 12, 2009 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  2. Lynn

Wolf Blitzer has an interview with Palin today so the blog will be full of her. I sincerely hope he asks her tough questions especially about what she has done in applying to the Canadian gov'ts for her "pipeline".

June 12, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  3. Tim

As a Democrat, I sure hope she is the Republican Candidate for President!!!!

June 12, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  4. Anon

I hope this clueless idiot gets the repub nomination thus assuring that Democrats will win in the next election. What I really don't understand is how the people of Alaska got fooled into electeing this moron.

June 12, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  5. Realistic

Mike before you attack the left consider the attack dogs of the right, Rush, Newt, Sean, Ann C and so on. These pathetic half breeds need to go away. As far as Palin, I hope she does run and gets to be selected as the top person of the republican party to go after Obama. Maybe than after the election she will go back to Alaska. We know the brutes in the republican party will come up with some conspiracy theory as to why she got whipped and it will be fun to watch. When Obama won the republicans went into frenzy, when the Democrats took the senate, the republicans became rabid robots.
    I hope Palin does get the nod, she is not scary to democrats and moderates and to the centrists, those are the ones who will decide the elections. Remember republicans don't want moderates in their party.

June 12, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  6. Bill Nancy,KY

Please get her on the Jerry Springer Show, and leave the valuable space on here for real news stories!

June 12, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  7. Laurie in Spokane

Unbelievably moronic. Sarah, you're not in the 7th. grade anymore....or maybe you never got past it.

June 12, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  8. Charles

Will the media stop covering Palin, please? It's distracting us from the current administration's plans to demolish my health care plans, raise my taxes, take my job, and erode our military.

Then again, I'm sure that's the point of these stories.

June 12, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  9. Georgia Peach

Did she just say?: "I'm not definitely going to do anything yet."

She still exhibits poor grammar!

June 12, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  10. Ernestine

@Pee Wee – She is stupid, WOO that hurts! she can't even do a speech in her own words.

June 12, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  11. Troy from NJ

I wonder how this is happening; this women is not smart at all, anybody with sense can see that her skull is thick with nothing but rocks in between. Republicans need television time and she is a train wreck so people watch but the powers in the party will not roll her out as their candidate in 2012. Tina Fayhe skit sshould have retired her from politics,

June 12, 2009 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  12. citizenjane

@Robin: "She scares liberals and that makes me like her even more. But the hate monging will soon enter."

Robin, Palin does not represent me. She is not, nor will she ever be president. She is not a member of Congress, therefore, she can't enact legislature which might affect me or my family members. In other words, she has no control over me one way or another. Scare me? No, she doesn't scare me. In fact, I would rather not hear anything about her again. It takes two to tangle when hate mongering is involved. Your previous posts are an indication of how one sided you think.

-------------–
    @Fair Is Fair:

Enough with the "liberals", OK? Your party is just as sick of this woman as the liberals are . . . and are as every bit ready to pounch on the president and his wife as the liberals are to pounch on Palin.

While I admit that she receives many many comments, generally the comments are asking CNN to give up the reporting on Palin.

June 12, 2009 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  13. Sharon, Illinois

The thought of her as president is beyond terrifying. She can't even put together a logical sentence. How would she ever communicate effectively – both with people in this country and throughout the world. She may be fine as a governor of a slightly populated state but to run this country – there isn't enough time in her lifetime to get her ready for that. I don't think she is stupid but I do think she doesn't score high on the IQ scale and she definitely is not a "deep" thinker. I personally think that she has gotten this far because she is pretty and cutsy – that isn't enough for the national stage. Sorry.

June 12, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  14. jeepy

GET Over the Letterman thing. IT WS A JOKE.. Everybody thought it was funny.. It was not intended for willow and given your oldest daughters escapades it was deserved.. MOVE ON and please stay out of the lower 48.

June 12, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  15. Godfrey

Anybody that holds the thought that Sarah Palin is qualified to be President-needs to have their "brain" checked.

This women is a dumb as they come!

And if you think that Obama is a bad President and unqualified-I have a white bed sheet and hood for you!

June 12, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  16. Jeff in FL

I love how scared the liberals are of this woman. All they do is keep giving her political attention. If they weren't scared that she was a viable GOP option they wouldn't think twice about her and you wouldn't have seen her name pop up after the election. Demonize what you you are afraid of I guess :-)

June 12, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  17. Jake

Hey Sarah Palin, get a sense of humor and stop making a big deal out of nothing. STOP!

June 12, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  18. Tommy from SC

It's sad when you look at these comments and see all the hatred towards a person. I've noticed in the last decade or so that what's right is now wrong and what was wrong is now right. That is of course if you don't believe in God and/or his word. I don't know, but I do suspect that Sarah Palin will be around much longer than most people. Eternity, which is forever and ever.

June 12, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  19. meropale

Even thought I like Letterman, I didn't care much for his joke and did not think it was that funny. Now, Palin as a joke, THAT is funny!!

June 12, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  20. Rick

Sarah Palin will never be elected to a national office. One of her many faults is that she doesn't understand that concept of avoiding silly controversies. She made a fool out of her self by attacking the father of her grandchild. Most people were on her side with the Letterman spat until she decided to get into a back and forth.

Concentrate on Alaska and avoid the soap operas.

June 12, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  21. Edie

First, Palin must learn the golden rule of enter-politics.
    Rule 1 DON'T MESS with Dave!
    Rule 2 DON'T MESS with Dave!
    Rule 3 DON'T MESS with Dave!
    AND Most important Speak English Woman!

June 12, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  22. matt Quenzer

And as it is, why on earth should Palin announce any political intentions for re -election, and for her possible desire to run for the 2012 Presidential election. Hillary didn't, and nobody questioned her at that time from averting the eyes of honest Americans wanting to know HER intentions!
    The radical liberals just want to block Palin way in advance, and they want to try to force her to announce herself in her political plans.
    Blatantly a huge double standard in the liberal agenda is what is at hand here.

June 12, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  23. Emma, San Jose

Palin's responses to Letterman are giving him huge publicity and not all negative. She seems to be doing him a favor by calling attention to him,
    while showing some immaturity herself. (Yes, Letterman had a loose tongue, but Sarah might have handled it in a smarter manner.)

June 12, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  24. Conman Sense

What state has the highest suicide rate, drug/alcohol rate and rape on women? Alaska!!! So what’s good for Alaska is good for America? Right?

June 12, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  25. hh

She is not presidential material. She is tabloid fodder, she is a walking Jerry Springer. Does she have a nice butt? Oh yeah! she does!!!!

June 12, 2009 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |