June 16th, 2009

McCain shows off his new ride outside U.S. Capitol

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sen. John McCain officially got the keys to his 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid on Tuesday, and promptly took it for a spin around the Russell Senate office building in Washington - but not before accidentially tripping the car alarm.

Before jumping in, McCain was overheard remarking that his new ride features a voice-activated navigation system and Sirius satellite radio.

Riding shotgun was McCain's buddy Lindsey Graham, who joked as he got into the passenger seat: "I hope I live to tell about this."

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. John from Illinois

Hmmm. Wonder if he's going to get one in every color to match his dozen homes? Must be saving the Rolls/Cadilliac's for Sunday!

June 16, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  2. TCM

@Chris in Va. –

Not bitter, just an American Soldier that's defended this country for 20 yrs, junior...what are you? A fry cook working for Mr. Krabbs?

Anytime a conservative says something, you know right away that a liberal can't defend, they always come back with the "bitter, hater, line...classic...dude...keep on signing the coke song and riding your unicorn. Then, when you actually have a job, and OBama's taxing you so much to pay for the entitlements for the lazy slackers of this country...perhaps, then, maybe, you'll wise up. It's not about being a hater, or bitter...it's about educating yourself about what this incompetent administration is doing to the country...now, obviously, you've some studying to do...so, off you go...

June 16, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  3. Ms. Johnson, Pearland,Texas

John McCain's way of giving an backhanded slap to General Motors and Chyslyer, in the name of going green, trades in his Cadillac. When was the last time he went on TV to show off his new car??

What did he do with that gas guzzling Toyota Sequoia.
    So transparent!

June 16, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  4. Sniffit

@ skyhawkdriver

Who cares if he crashed F16s or A4s or Ultralights? He did nail like 3 of them and the post was tongue-in-cheek.

June 16, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  5. Tim, Seattle

@ TCM

Why are you eaten up with fear , hate and insecurity? I know your political philosophy has been soundly rejected by America and you are now the minority voice in America, but Stop your right wing hate...
    .....it kills
    Dont be a silent killer

June 16, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  6. Adam in TX

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to these "silly" articles, but I like reading stuff like this. Although I liked Obama better, I didn't dislike McCain. I like knowing he's invested in Ford, and as someone pointed out, one of the big 3 that actually didn't take bailout money. McCain is a good man and lost the election. Obama is a good man and won the election. What amazes me is how a simple article about McCain buying a Ford fusion ignites such hate speech from people on both sides of America's political environment.

June 16, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  7. GI Joe

Sirius radio? Is that his direct line from Limbaugh for daily talking points?

Anyway – all his ranting about bullying Iran right now (instead of diplomacy, and health care and all the other stuff going on here) reminds me of when he quit his campaign to go back and push Bush's stimulus package thru.

Just saying .....

June 16, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  8. TCM

@ Dutch/Bad Newz, VA –

Watch the commercials? haha...that's exactly how OBama hooked you in the first place...infommericals.... GM's going nowhere...people won't buy them....the majority of the country resented the bailout..and Ford's got brownie points for backing off. GM and Chrysler both look weak, and people don't want to buy where they'll feel it won't be covered. As far as OBama spewing that he'll cover the warranty...well, that grease monkey, and I use that term loosely, doesn't keep his word very well.....Ford gets the respect, because they EARNED it...

June 16, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  9. Big D from MD

Is'nt this car number 19 or 20 that he owns? I really dont think he knows either... He sure dosent know how many houses he has.

WAKE UP!

June 16, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  10. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

@ TCM

Well he's the President of the Unites States of America, deal with it! As for your boy Johnny Mac, I respect his service to this country, but his poor judgement(Sarah Palin -aka- Failin Palin -aka- The Joke -aka- The Divider) is why he's NOT the President of the Unites States of America.

June 16, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  11. TCM

@ makesUwonder –

kudos and a Virtual "high 5," to you!

June 16, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  12. Stan From NJ

too bad it couldn't have been the presidential limo

June 16, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  13. ConsiderThis, FL

Okay. So he has everything. Benefits of being a war hero, I suppose.

June 16, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  14. jimmy

mccain and grahm in a car at the same time. where are your out of control semi's when you need em.

June 16, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  15. Ariko

He missed getting a ride in the BEAST! He had to get a substitute.

June 16, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  16. jimmy

if john drives a car the same way he flew jets maybe two of americas biggest problems can be eliminated at the same time.

June 16, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  17. donttreadonme

Nice everyone should buy a American car. Yes I know some of the parts are made over seas but we as consumers must demand American products built by Americans.

It is not the Governments job it is our responsibility as consumers to pay into our economy and our jobs when ever possible.

June 16, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  18. Tracy

Why is this even news? Must be a pretty slow day for CNN.

June 16, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  19. MJHS1967

I'm surprised he is still authorized to have a driver's license! :)

June 16, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  20. Pat F

Karen – Missouri, you are SO perceptive! Do you think is really was a publicity stunt – maybe to get people to pay attention to the great cars that the last non-bankrupt US car company is making? Ya think?

To everyone rising to sniffit's bait – don't waste your time. His fifth grade history class hasn't really studied the Vietnam War yet. He knows nothing of honor or service to one's country, or what makes a man like John McCain tick.

June 16, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  21. Chris in Va.

@TCM......It just eats you alive that an African-American man is leader of the free world and you are just a bitter, sniveling nothing whining on a two bit blog. Do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself

June 16, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  22. makesUwonder

If I had a penny for words used most by the liberals......."hateful", "stupid", "pathetic", "racist" etc...................I'd be rich like those Democrats running our government.

"Party on" TCM and Phoenix86.............I love to read your comments, and I can handle the truth!

June 16, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  23. Bill

John McCain = Nice Guy.

Geroge W. Bush = Low I.Q. over grown brat. Clown.

Dick Cheney = Criminal, Jerk, White Trash, should be in Jail.

Rush Limbaugh = Loud Mouth, Pig Faced, White Trash.

June 16, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  24. donttreadonme

jimmy June 16th, 2009 5:51 pm ET
    ------------------------------–
    You even make the libs look bad........good grief you really make me angry with comments about people you disagree with dying.

June 16, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  25. TCM

@Dutch/Bad Newz, VA –

McCain was/is a RINO, dutch, you know that...the only thing he might have done, is he wouldn't have run up our greatgrandchildren's tax debt. And, he wouldn't have reveled in a rock star status.. I believe that he had better, and more refined presidential qualities, however, with the election being bought and paid for with corruption...I'm just sitting back and watching you libs get disappointed on a daily basis...you really bought a lemon!~

Geez....Lil TIM IN SEATTLE --someone hurt your feelings about your lil obammy? You're still on square one, calling names when you can't defend Obamnuts positions...I'd rather converse with Dutch...
    Now, go sort your recyclables.....I bet you have a compost pile, huh?

June 16, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |