June 17th, 2009

Biden: Remember me? I used to work here

Vice President Biden addressed his former Senate colleagues at an event Wednesday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Joe Biden returned to his old stomping grounds Wednesday wearing three hats: vice president, historian, and comedian.

Biden delivered the keynote address at the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee's Green Jobs Summit.

The vice president needled his former colleagues. "I just want to remind you guys I hope you remember me. I used to work here. So easily how they forget," he said.

Biden served in the Senate for 36 years before being elected vice president.

The summit was held in the caucus room of the Russell Senate office building, which inspired Biden to discuss the room's history.

"It's good to be home in this room. This is - business folks and labor leaders probably know - but this is one of the most historic rooms in the United States Senate," said Biden.

"John Kennedy announced his run for the presidency here. This was the room in which the Bork hearing took place. And this is the room in which the Clarence Thomas hearing took place. Over which I presided on both of them and I am so glad to be here not talking about the Supreme Court. Umm... laugh a little bit, guys. Come on - you're a stiff audience here, man."

–CNN's Virginia Nicolaidis contributed to this report.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. William. from Cali!

THE COUNTRY WOULD PROBABLY BE BETTER OFF, IF HE WAS STILL THERE! 36 years, collecting checks! By-the-way where is Delaware located?

June 17, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  2. Ugh

If you're going to judge, check your spelling, sir.

June 17, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  3. Yikes

"Quite?" Try "quiet, gt."

June 17, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  4. Lowell

Next to Sarah Palin, EVERYBODY is an Einstein.

June 17, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  5. Peter

Is "Where is Delaware" a serious question...?

June 17, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Pat, CA June 17th, 2009 5:11 pm ET

Asked this...

Why is it that — whenever I see or hear Biden — I think of Charlie McCarthy, the ventriloquist dummy!

-----------------------

Answer -because you are one of Rush's ditto heads

June 17, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  7. Welcome to Amateur Hour

Biden Your An Idiot......You and the BrownClown are destroying our country

June 17, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  8. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

He's just so-oo cute. You wanna him home like a puppy and put a ribbon around his neck. Be sure to put down some newspaper!

June 17, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  9. Imarriedmysister in Alabama

@william from cali.Delaware is in the same place your gerbel is hiding.

June 17, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  10. John

Biden: Remember me? I used to Work here

Cheney: Remember me? I used to Torture here

Bush: Remember me? I uses to Mislead here about WMDs of Iraq

June 17, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  11. Albo58

Biden has already eclipsed Humphrey, Gore and Mondale as the most pathetic VP in our history...way to go, Joe!

June 17, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  12. jimmy combs

I don't think Joe Biden has ever worked ANYWHERE!

June 17, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  13. John

Republican Party consists of Professional Hunters.

1. Cheney the Quail Hunter.
    2. Palin the Helicopter Wolf Hunter.
    :P

June 17, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  14. Zero.

You used to be there. Nobody said you ever did any work.

June 17, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  15. Joe Publicini

I would rather have Larry, Moe, or Curly as VP than this clown!

June 17, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  16. Cashman

So, he's addressing a group of Senators and saying, "Remember me? I used to work here!" Huh? Did he forget that the Vice President of the United States is the President of the Senate? He didn't exactly leave now, did he?

Granted, I realize it's mostly a figurehead position and all, but seriously,...

Still, he's quite a bit better than Sarah Palin! ;-)

June 17, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  17. jimmy combs

Clinton: remember me? I used to cheat on my wife and then lie about it here. Man, we could do this all night.

Ted Kennedy: remember me? I used to run my car into the ocean to hide my affairs.

June 17, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |