June 19th, 2009
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

She'll be just fine. That elbow of hers will be ready to swing in full motion to put the smack down on N. Korea.

June 19, 2009 08:29 am at 8:29 am |
  2. rob

oh for God's sake she isn't having brain surgery . its just her elbow–this is a non topic. no news today

June 19, 2009 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  3. RUTY

What a silly question. It won't effect her job in any way. Who thought up this question?

June 19, 2009 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  4. U.S. Common Sense

Are you serious? It is just a broken elbow. She'll have a day out of the office and have to wear a sling for a while. It's not going to affect her job at all.

June 19, 2009 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  5. Josh from Knoxville, TN

Realistically, it won't make much of a difference.... she wasn't doing anything anyway.... I'm sure it is a painful injury but having her out of the way for a while will benefit the US as a country. So way to take one for the team, Hill.

June 19, 2009 08:43 am at 8:43 am |
  6. Fair is Fair

Well, it shouldn't make one bit of difference. Painful injury, yes. But how is having her arm in a cast going to change how she performs the duties of SOS?

June 19, 2009 08:48 am at 8:48 am |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

At this point, it will slow down what she can do and how many places she can go to meet with people. After the surgery, she'll have to slow down for a few weeks and look a little silly with her arm in a cast. With those exceptions, she can still call people, be briefed on different things by her staff and make decisions.

June 19, 2009 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  8. ssalley

It wont effect her job, at all she is a bright lady.

June 19, 2009 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  9. southerncousin

I'm sure she will apologize to everyone, we can all tell how well this "smart" diplomacy is working, look at NKorea, Iran Mexico. What a big fraud, but she is a perfect match for the most fraudulent administration we have ever had.

June 19, 2009 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  10. Dawn In Pa

Ouch, that does hurt! I broke a toe when I was ten and I sprain my foot, the same foot I broke a toe and it swelled up quite quickly. I was at work and I was getting stock out and something fell, with quick reflex, I jumped back, I had my boss questioned if I really sprained it at work. I told him yes, I never complained if I was hurt, nor did I do an incident report, and trust me I did get hurt, but when you are hobbling it's noticable. They had to do an incident report and they paid for everything, but I actually did not want to do that, since I had a ladder hit my head, fell backward and fell through a door, yes I was hurt, but never complained. LOL

Get well Madam Secretary, you are doing a great job.

June 19, 2009 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  11. George

Hillary is a very smart lady and understands her duties very well. And, the surgery will be done on her elbow, not her head. She can make tough decisions then delegate.

June 19, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  12. Stu-Florida

Just why would a broken elbow affect her job?? It's her brains and determination to make this country and thus the world, a better place.

June 19, 2009 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  13. jesse

She will continue to do great work. A broken elbow won't keep Hillary down!

June 19, 2009 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  14. Republican Defector

FAB-O-LOS...she has Health Insurance...Unlike many Americans who want president Obama to continue working for the American People, both Republican and Democrats who do not have health insurance and living in poor health.

June 19, 2009 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  15. The lonely Libertarian of Liverpool NY

What's up with the speculation of job performance here CNN? Ms. Clinton has had an accident, I'm sure she has the best of people to cover for her while she recovers. People get sick and injuried everyday and need to recover, their jobs will wait, others will step up to maintain service levels.
    I refuse to be baited into fear mongering.
    Here's to keeping a positive thought for her speedy recovery with limited discomfort.

June 19, 2009 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  16. dennis

Quit with this crap and make some news.....

June 19, 2009 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  17. susan nunn

Please...... it is just her elbow....not her brain.

June 19, 2009 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  18. John

My God, CNN, can you NOT ever pick on Hillary Clinton? What a bunch of mean spirited people must work at CNN. Its just ridiculous.

June 19, 2009 09:13 am at 9:13 am |
  19. Carl from MI

It will affect her and her job just like any other person who's broken their arm or elbow and has to work!! DUH!!!!

How stoopid is this story, CNN? Maybe we should comment on her getting her hair cut and styled too? Maybe we should comment on her new pants suit? DUH!!!

CNN... please stick to stories about Sarah Palin!! At least she wants to be in the news for whatever stoopid reasons.

June 19, 2009 09:14 am at 9:14 am |
  20. Nate

It will affect her the same way it would affect anyone who has to take time off for an injury or illness.

Do you expect this woman to be superhuman?

June 19, 2009 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  21. jennifer

I have so much respect for Hillary. I wish her a speedy recovery. Thank you for the great job you are doing in Washington. America needs you now, more than ever.

June 19, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  22. roger dowdle, lockhart, Tx

Hey, people- she broke her elbow, not her head! It will undoubtably cause some physical discomfort, but shouldn't interfere with her ability to think! The media should quit trying to create news and stick to reporting it.

June 19, 2009 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  23. Willy Brown

It should not. Her mouth still works so she'll still be blowing hot air

June 19, 2009 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  24. poor hillary

good timming- you should be on your way to korea

June 19, 2009 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  25. Sniffit

I imagine it won't...other than a short pseudo-vaca after the surgery. I think no matter which party you side with, you have to admit she's a tough lady, and, for those of us who have broken things, we know it's not that bad. Might be a little awkward meeting with world leaders in an uncomfortable cast, but seriously CNN, this is just more "make-news." Grasping at controversy-straws much?

June 19, 2009 09:33 am at 9:33 am |