June 19th, 2009
  1. Lou

What a completely stupid, ignorant headline. How will her surgery affect her job???? Come on! Have you EVER said this about any male politician except maybe Ted Kennedy who has cancer of the brain????

Why does Hillary Clinton scares so many men???? It's beyond me!

I'm certain she can continue to perform her job with the utmost in intelligence and efficiency in spite of CNN's little snit here.

June 19, 2009 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  2. Fatima

Folks, This isn't news. Is this a "slow news day"?
    A person would have to be a total idiot to start such a story/question. It is just her elbow. The person who wrote up this story needs to check his/her judgment examined.

June 19, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  3. Jack in Des Moines

Okay CNN, where did my comment go? Why are you censoring people's comment when they do not use any foul language or make threatening remarks? There was nothing offensive in any fashion in my comment.

Are you afraid less people might post comments out here if a mirror is put up to them? If you can't take the heat, why do constantly set yourself up for it?

Why do I suspect this post will never get posted? And, if it does, I suspect no one from CNN will have the spine to reply.

June 19, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  4. Gary-HILLARY 4 PREZ

She is one tough lady! She's the Iron Lady of America! She will be fine. I can't wait for her to go back and campaign for Presidency again!
    Hillary for President!!!

June 19, 2009 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  5. Mary the Democrat

She broke her elbow not her brain.........what a silly question.

Besides.......HIllary can do it all this will not affect her at all.

June 19, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  6. Mike C. from Canada

Hilary Clinton's elbow surgery might prevent her from "pitching heat" at her adversaries, but she might be able to skillfully lobby "changeups" and befuddle them. Failing those, she could always give them the "split-finger".

June 19, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  7. Sue

Hey Doug in NJ,
    Not every Democrat wishes harm to the Palin family. I think that this is the typical paronoia of the repubs that got us in to Iraq. Ease up buddy. I don't wish harm on any Republican-I just wish that some in your party would use some of the "family" and Christian values and not demonize anyone who disagrees with them (like anyone who disagreed with W had their character crushed--when he was the one who had no character or morale values). Hats off to you Doug for showing some compassion for your fellow American-–now could you just get the rest of your party members to do the same?

June 19, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  8. Joyce Becker

I wish Secretary of State Clinton a very speedy recovery, knowing how dedicated she is to her work I am sure she will be able to find ways to do what has to to be done, she is not a complainer and she will be just fine.
    There will be plenty of people who will be glad to help her if need be,

June 19, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  9. DX in TX

Hilary Clinton only needs one hand to slap those diplomats around...LOL!

June 19, 2009 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  10. Heading for the hills.

I dont know why you hate the Clintons so much,they were just closet republicans anyway.

June 19, 2009 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  11. nicolas morillo

I wish Ms Clinton recovers soon so she continues with her job. She is a wonderful lady with courage and heart. She is an example for many people as human and politician.

June 19, 2009 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  12. Mikey c

I broke a toe in Marine Corps Boot Camp. I slipped on the way to the shower and just picked myself up and continued on to the shower. I currently have a toe that points to the right. I ran the fastest fitness test I have ever run the very next day. Quit your whinning and get back to work.

June 19, 2009 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  13. Kenyan Wonder Kid

C'mon folks, let's treat this as the serious news question which it is. I can quickly come up with several ways in which this may affect Hillary's performance in the administration. For example, if range of motion is limited then she will likely have to use her other arm in providing services to the president.

June 19, 2009 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  14. MJM

You know this may indeed affect her job. If they have to operate on her elbow and have to put a pin in it she may never be able to go through those security gates to get on a plane and we may never get rid of her or ever get her out of the country again!!!! Oh NO, NOW I AM SCARED.

June 19, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  15. free tibet tsering

pray for your quick recovery, can't wait to see you as president after this term. during this recovery time, please have your precious hour for the situation in tibet,
    thanks

June 19, 2009 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  16. Kenyan Wonder Kid

How will it affect her job as SoS? Not at all, of course. Obama has strategically positioned several Czars and emissaries for all of the hot spots around the world and they report more directly to him than Hillary does.

Thus, she has no real power or authority – Obama strategically positioned her to stay out of his way while in full view! Amazingly, he did the same thing with Bill "Haiti Task Force" Clinton. Brilliant moves if you ask me...

June 19, 2009 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  17. Trade Freedom for Security, Lose Both

Clinton should have gone to Canada or the UK for her surgery because we all know that government health care is the way to go.

June 19, 2009 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  18. VoiceOfReason

It must be a really, REALLY slow news day.

Unless she has bizaare complications from surgery she'll have a few hours on either side of the surgery that she won't be able to be involved...and then MAYBE a day or two that she'll be at 80-90% *IF* she requires a lot of pain meds.

How about more news coverage of the perverse incentives in the healthcare system - like the piece on NPR earlier this week which discussed, in-part, physician-owned imaging centers. That's news. That's analysis. This - is tabloid.

June 19, 2009 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  19. Jacky

Why isn't there a video icon next to this in the listing of stories? I want to READ news, not watch it. Very deceptive, CNN. No, I did not watch this. I'll go read about it on another site.

June 19, 2009 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  20. TS Central NY

Hope she heals quickly.

June 19, 2009 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  21. wise cracker

Is it her right wing or left wing thats injured? Just asking...

June 19, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  22. Chai-wallah

Best wishes Senator Clinton.ahhhh...Madam Secretary.

You know, American is not a bad place at all. Take for instance the little girl who was dying of cancer; her only wish was to see the movie "UP"

She could not make it to the movie because she was too sick and a wheelchair did not arrive. Some called Pixar and Disney and guess what? Pixar sent a REP to the little girl's home with a DVD of the movie and several memorabilia’s. The little was too sick to watch the entire movie so her mother narrated. When it was over, she was asked if she enjoyed the movie; she replied by nodding her head.

She died later that night. The REP was so over whelmed, he welled up with tears. That made me cry too...you see...America is not a bad place at all.

June 19, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  23. MaryJo Bruce Surprise, Ariz

Hillarys elbow surgery shouldn't affect her job much. She just goes to meetings. Many of us have had multiple surgeries. Backs, shoulders, and still make it to work doing lifting and the rest. Bite the bullet Hillery.

June 19, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  24. Realistic

H.Clinton will be fine.....
    @doug, normal democrats don't want any harm to come to Palin.We just want to help the republicans conservative party to stop driniking the palin punch. And most republicans only want Palin to stay in the media so they can gawk at her, especially the conservatives part of the party. Why else? Anyone who thinks Africa is a country can not be taken serious by anyone. We know the truth, its okay..

June 19, 2009 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  25. Kim P

It isn't as though she has been doing much anyway...Maybe she has had a nervous breakdown. Haven't seen anything of her, in light of all the world's events, since her laughing fit at the pirates. Oh, and to Dutch/Bad News, VA- what smack down on N Korea? If they attack us, we will just apologize for our past arrogant behavior – you know the arrogant behavior that helped save the world from Hitler? Maybe she spoke up against the Supreme Leader Obama and she's getting the stage left...

June 19, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |