June 30th, 2009

Obama congratulates Franken

(CNN) - President Obama issued a statement Tuesday congratulating Al Franken's victory in the Minnesota Senate race.

"I look forward to working with Senator-Elect Franken to build a new foundation for growth and prosperity by lowering health care costs and investing in the kind of clean energy jobs and industries that will help America lead in the 21st century.”

Filed under: Al Franken • President Obama
  1. I laugh at comrade Limbaugh daily

Great news.Getting Limbaugh will be the cherry on top.Go crushers go.

June 30, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  2. Scott M

We are doomed.

June 30, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  3. RFK

Congratulations Senator Frnaken!

June 30, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  4. CNN = Moveon.org

Ok Democrats. You now have NO excuse for not "fixing" this country. Let's see how you do. You now own everything that comes out of congress and the White House, so put you money where your mouth is. Stop name-calling for a "change" and actually do something. If your policies work, great. If not, then 2010 will be a bad year for Democrats. Just remember, the American people have little patience and demand results, not speeches.

June 30, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  5. Zero.

Cliff Richards had more number one hits than the Beatles. But they belong to Cliff. An English man...

June 30, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  6. Stay Positive!

No matter what happens, we are very lucky to be American! I'm an expat who cannot wait to return to the U.S. (my awesome home)!!!!

Just imagine yourself in Iran right now......Franken and the rest are pure blessings (irrespective of political party).

June 30, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  7. James M. Holmes

I'd still worry if I were you Bijou... Inbreeding will still be illegal in Minnesota... your parents are probably not going to like to hear that!

June 30, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  8. justin

I want to congratulate Al Franken for this victory. I am a democrat who believe in the two-party system. We, the democrats, should not view the 60 votes as winner takes all (as the republican did when they had majority), instead we should engage the republicans in healthy debate of ideas to arrive at the best solutions to problems confronting all of us. To the republicans, keep an open mind and dont just say no or condemn every proposals the democrats come up with. Propose your own ideas and explain to the nation why your ideas are better.
    I believe that solutions that result from vigorous debate ( not name calling) will be accepted by most and is likely to be sucessful.

June 30, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |