June 30th, 2009
  1. Mary

Good for Obama! Homosexuals are Americans too! They deserve the same rights and equal protection under the law. It is about time that the discrimination ends.

June 30, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  2. Michael

Regardless of what may happen in the near future as of right now "Don't ASk, Don't Tell" is the law. You violated it and therefore should face dsicharge no it is not fair but it is the law. As for having to change the minds of senior leaders in the military it is vary easy PASS A NEW LAW SAYING IT IS OKAY TO BE GAY IN THE MILITARY. If Obama has the support in congress then they can pass the law and we can all move on to the next thing. This is an example of Obama saying one thing and doing something else.

June 30, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  3. Greg in Denver

This guy has served his country faithfully and honorably for 18 years, and they want to kick him out because they now know he's gay?

He's right about the older officers being the problem. It's always the older generations who hold back social progress. It's evident in Iran today. A nation moves forward socially and culturally as the older generations die off and take their biases and prejudices with them.

June 30, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  4. RNC = DNC = politics as usual

Umbama supports "don't ask don't tell" – he SAID so. But that has never stopped him before. He can always make an exception for a photo-op and PR.

Umbama position: I am for some gay rights after I was against it but beofre my middle ground in sort of being interested in it. Kinda.

Has this guy ever said yes or no on anything?

June 30, 2009 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  5. Jeff in Virginia

hilarious picture there.. you caught them BOTH blinking

June 30, 2009 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  6. Republicanssuckbigtime

For the love of God, you have people who pay their taxes and VOLUNTEER (for God's sake) to serve their country, and yet, stupid, moronic right wing Fundamentalists such as Evangelicals and Mormons want to keep these people from living their lives as equal citizens.

I really don't get it and even though I am a straight female, it really ticks me off. Since Republicans continue to trash those in the military who are Democrats, Independents, non-white, gay, etc., I consider Republicans to be in the tank for al Qaeda (as Rush, your leader says, "I want President Obama and the country to fail").

Republicans are pathetic and to keep people from serving who wish to, is ridiculous. How many lives have been lost because of the dismissal of gay translators and soldiers? Blood is on Republican hands.

June 30, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  7. Mississippi Mike

Obama's getting busy with gay rights groups. I can't imagine what laws he's referring to when he remarks that he is going to change discriminatory laws.

June 30, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  8. TCM

All you libs are crying about Sanford...check this guy out....he should be discharged. Of course he's running to the media to get his "equal rights..." Deviant!

June 30, 2009 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  9. ib

Another pathetic act from a pathetic so called president!!!!!

June 30, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  10. Robert

I profoundly respect Mr. Obama. I voted for him, donated for his cause, and believe blindly in his agenda for our country. I won't support any reversal of the "don't ask, don't tell military law. If he does, it will be the end of my support for him.

June 30, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  11. Zero.

Does anyone in the USA understand what the Mediteranian Sea whould mean to the Arabs????????????
    Your all falling for this idiot Obama's dream.

June 30, 2009 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  12. Claudia in Houson

Republicans who sleep around with their so called moral and religious values have no right to deny any 'BRAVE SOLDIER" his right. A soldier is a soldier who serves his country and not himself.

June 30, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  13. WILLIAM, from Cali!

You can pass all the "man's laws" you want!... but, they(man's laws) will all some day... pass away!

June 30, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  14. Robin

Stop trying to shove homosexuality down my throat! Live your life in peace and let me live mine. Do not force me to tell my children that being gay is normal, and i won't tell yours it is an abomination to God.

In the end, we will all have to answer to a higher authority and his will be the only judgement that matters.

June 30, 2009 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  15. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

That should be inspiring to the gay community to know that the President is working to make sure that they are treated EQUALLY. I heard this soldier yesterday and he sounded optimistic. I'm sure the President won't let our service men and women down.

June 30, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  16. leon

We want actions and no more promises.

June 30, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  17. Marcus, Great Lakes IL

I couldn't give a rat's behind if the guy next to me was gay. All I wanted is for him to watch my back so I would make it home without getting back in a glad bag.

Who really gives a crap????

June 30, 2009 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  18. Jim in San Mateo

Getting rid of gays in the military is the best of example of an oxymoron. The military is getting rid of the finest of the best because they have a prejudice. What a bunch of morons. The younger kids don't care, the public doesn't care and most of congress doesn't care, but discrimination is a hard thing to overcome.

The dumber you are and the higher up you are the harder it is to get rid of.

June 30, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  19. Perceptive

@Robin

Nobody is shoving anything down anyone's throat. You can teach your kids whatever you want and you can live your life however you want. The problem lies when your 'morality' or 'values' step on the rights of others. It is then that you are shoving your views down someone elses throat.

The gay community will not stop until they get exactly what they deserve; EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW! They are asking for nothing more than that.

June 30, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  20. Traj

Republicans, conservatives, and all these so called christians are "Still Stuck on Stupid". It's ok to cheat of your wife, but it's not ok to serve in the military if you're gay. That is so stupid.. Hypocrits to the friggin core... Do ya thang Mr. President.. "Do Yo Thang". 100% behind my President... This has been are very rewarding day for our president.. Iraq is back to Iraq, Wal-Mart has embraced Employer mandated healthcare, Al Franken won, and Michael Jackson did have a Will... I am happy to be an American today.

June 30, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  21. Bill in denver

Clinton didn't resign why should the governor/ this is between the governor his wife and the sate everyon should stay out of it

June 30, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  22. Kate in SW Fla

It is preposterous to treat people differently because of who they love or what they do in the privacy of theor own bedroom. As we have seen again quite recently, those who claim the "sanctity of marriage" are a bunch of hypocrits. It is just religious intolerance and political posturing, and it is wrong. The sooner we get where we need to go, the better.

June 30, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |