July 3rd, 2009

DNC reacts: Palin decision 'continues a pattern of bizarre behavior'

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Democratic National Committee immediately slammed Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's decision to leave office early.

DNC Spokesman Brad Woodhouse:

"Either Sarah Palin is leaving the people of Alaska high and dry to pursue her long shot national political ambitions or she simply can't handle the job now that her popularity has dimmed and oil revenues are down. Either way – her decision to abandon her post and the people of Alaska who elected her continues a pattern of bizarre behavior that more than anything else may explain the decision she made today."

Filed under: DNC • Sarah Palin
  1. John

Wonder what skeleton, or kid, was about to come out of the closet...

July 3, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  2. Neutralizer

It is not bizzare, it is plain COMMON SENSE; while you're on top you leave office. The DEMOCRAPS are BIZZARE, without Palin as their cannon fodder (she's actually a very good governor and have accomplished a lot), the DEMOCRAPS don't know what to do! Their peeking on Bush, blaming Bush on everything doesn't work anymore; Sarah stepping down as governor – DEMOCRAPS are LOST..he he he

July 3, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  3. dave

I agree Lisa she will be on Fox newa by fall.

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  4. shutthehellup

I was waiting to hear what the Palin haters were going to say. I must say you didn't disappoint! Mr. Woodyhouse, you represent your hateful, full of contempt party well

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  5. Linda

Good for Sarah! I'm glad she will be fighting for me now instead of just the lucky people of Alaska. Her accomplishments were many in the same amount of time the President Obama was in the Senate before he ran for President. As I remember, he didn't originate a single bill on his own. He was one of 100, she was one of 50, and a successful one as well!
    Thank you Sarah for being the strong, morally upright politician that you are!

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  6. ecklone

Good! Bad news for the RNC.

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  7. Obama!!!

ding dong the witch is dead.. she is gone yay!! Hopefully this will ruin any chance she may have in the future!!

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  8. Niki

Sarah Palin used her "Executive experience" to back up her claim that she was ready to be V.P or President, if necessary. How does she convince the American people that a person who would abandon her elected office would not do the same as President? If something bigger, better or more exciting came along, would a "President" Palin suddenly resign? Its flaky. Its irresponsible. It wouldn't be good for America. She doesn't have the capacity to be the leader of an entire country, much less one state.

Niki
    North Carolina

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  9. SandraWI

Maybe someone found something so damaging about her family (I mean mom and dad too) that she didn't want to put them thru any more pain. When you become a political figure you open your entire family and anyone whose ever known you up for critisim, it's not all fun and games. I find it odd that she resigned so fast because just last week she was challenging President Obama to a race. There is a lot more hate that there is love for this women so I don't see how she can think of running for President. In America, you have to get elected by the people of this country and I don't see enough Palin supporters for her to win. I know i'm not one, nor is anyone I know or anyone in my town or at any of the web sites I vist (other than here). Good Luck in whatever it is your doing Palin, I hope you are done in politic myself.

July 3, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  10. Rundemos

Watching her announcement she did not appear to be watching a tennis match! No telepromptor.......lovin it! She has my vote. She is fed up and wants to fight. She is not the typical politician and that is what is so refreshing. She is going by what she believes and not what is PC. Kind of reminds me of David and Goliath.

Warning....ACORN is on a comment blitz over comment sections with anything to do with Obama and his policies and anythinh against their agenda. Comments do no reflect the majority (who are out working).

July 3, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  11. Tracy

Next stop TV or DC .... stay tunes as this should be interesting. Maybe she will relocate to the lower 48 like so many other Senators so that she can get elected by whatever way possible. Hey why not switch parties – anything to get elected right?

July 3, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  12. Observant

No one can blame her for going for the money. I would take the book deal too. But, on the other hand, she just killed any political ambitions she may have...No one supports a quitter. My advice to Palin, enjoy the money and stay out of politics...

July 3, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  13. Leah

She couldn't finish her first term as a governor, for a small states as Alaska and if she is trying to run for 2012 I say, Good Luck!

July 3, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  14. geeze

she sure has alot of endurance like she says.. haha.. so why is she quitting her job early?? she is giving up?? LOL that is soooo predictable!! I actually think its very funny.. and I am happy she is out of politics and hope she never returns!!

July 3, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  15. Anon

I approve this DNC comment. Thank you to DNC. I think Sarah have bizarre behavior.

July 3, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  16. redwing

Maybe she just wants to take the tour venues that Michael Jackson left open with his death. I can see it now; "Freakshow II" starring Sarah.

July 3, 2009 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  17. Mike in VA

Leave it to the Democrats to put a negitive spin on this, that's their only job.

Dems/Libs are running scared!!

July 3, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  18. happy camper

I don't think that Governor Palin's behaviour is bizarre. What she clearly said was that she could effectuate change and influence people from a position outside of government....so I hear that as she likely will be on radio or tv!! Watch for it?

July 3, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  19. El from LA

That "speech" she just gave on television was one of the most pointless, rambling "speeches" I've heard since GW Bush left office.

WHAT AN AIRHEAD !

July 3, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  20. Mario from Berlin

Bad decision mrs. Failin',

does she really believe she would have any chance in the 2012 election?
    Come on... a high-profile politician, that had no passport until her mid-40s. A Woman, that didn't know, Africa was not a country, but a continent. A woman who didn't know about the doctrin of her own party's president, and who didn't know, what the bailout does... Come on. America can't afford that joke of a woman. There's so much better qualified women for that job than she is.

And I promise you...the whole world would laugh about the stupidity of Americans, to vote Palin, in the very same beginning of a century, where they were stupid enough, to vote Bush twice...

July 3, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  21. Olumadunwa

What would you expect from Democrats? Politics as usual. I wish we could have more people like David Gergen and Collin Powel, who will always say it the way it is. They dole out praises and hand out criticisms when they deem it necessary. They have succeeded in breaking down party barriers for real. Let's see more of those people who are willing to call a spade a spade.

July 3, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  22. David Tarus

Lame duck is part of being in elected office

July 3, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  23. Elvis Smith in Studio City, CA

Hannity and Palin

July 3, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  24. Greybird K

Oh no, no one must question the motives of Saint Sarah of Wasilla. Media meanies and political foes must never say anything bad about her, or they are "scared" of her power. Uh-huh. And this is why Sarah and her wackadoodle fanatic supporters will remain an amusing political footnote to early 21st century politics. She is no more qualified to be President than my parrot. The Alaskan people are well rid of this self-absorbed nutter.

July 3, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  25. Michigan Maverick

What? Palin is just quitting? Walking out on your state is not a good sign. Good luck getting the GOP nomination quitter! By the way, where is your flag pin?

July 3, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |