July 3rd, 2009

DNC reacts: Palin decision 'continues a pattern of bizarre behavior'

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Democratic National Committee immediately slammed Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's decision to leave office early.

DNC Spokesman Brad Woodhouse:

"Either Sarah Palin is leaving the people of Alaska high and dry to pursue her long shot national political ambitions or she simply can't handle the job now that her popularity has dimmed and oil revenues are down. Either way – her decision to abandon her post and the people of Alaska who elected her continues a pattern of bizarre behavior that more than anything else may explain the decision she made today."

Filed under: DNC • Sarah Palin
  1. Lori reminds the GOP that Obama's ratings are still higher than 2 term idiot Bush's!!!

Did you guys see this dumbo Palin making her announcement? SHE SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY STUPID! If this woman is the best thing the Republicans can put out, I guarantee that they will not win majority status for a LONG TIME!

July 3, 2009 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  2. Steph

Yes, let "Odonothing" quit and put Bush back in office.

July 3, 2009 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  3. Lynn

If she runs in 2012 I hope she chooses Michelle Bachman as her running mate.

July 3, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  4. Rober Martinez

Her decision is no more bizarre than Janet Napolitano abandoning AZ for a DC job. Raul Castro (another AZ democrat governor) bailed for an Ambassadorship with the Carter administration. Most modern-day politicians, I think feel that being a Governor is just a political stepping stone. No loyalty to their electorate, only to themselves.

July 3, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  5. Dave, the truthteller

Ha ha – the idiot Dem scum suckers calling a classy lady like Sarah bizzare. How about bathhouse Barney Frank, or perhaps skeletor Pelossi, or better yet Osama Obama the socialist pig. Now that is bizzare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  6. GuyInVA

So, the DNC has been constantly belittling this woman, and trying to marginalize her. Now she is leaving the office that gives her so much attention, and the DNC has a problem with it!?!? Talk about bizarre behavior. I would imagine she has a book deal or TV contract that she could not pursue as Governor. I don't blame her for going after it.

July 3, 2009 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  7. Jason

I wonder who the ghost writer will be for her book. You know she's not capable of actually writing a book. Hell, she went to 6 schools in 5 years to get a degree in mass communications. Pathetic.

July 3, 2009 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  8. traj

I think Bristol is pregnant again and she can not face the people as the governor of Alaska who has all these so called Christian values, while her daughter (who is the abstinence spokesperson) is unmarried, and knocked up for a second time. Possibly 2 different dads. Now that just my thoughts. I could be wrong...

July 3, 2009 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  9. Onabia

Come on guys, do you have any conscience all? You have to bear with her on all the pressure this has brought to her and family and the good people of Alaska. I believe this is one good decision she has ever made and I stand by her in this one instance.
    She has quit being used by others and I am glad she has finally realised.
    Wish you the best of luck in your new endeavours.

July 3, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  10. bella

Second GOP governor to abandon their state in 2 weeks....

July 3, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  11. akkwildrose

Mismanage? Are you FROM Alaska to make such a statement? She accomplished more in her 2 1/2 years as governor than the previous TWO administrations: from moving the gas pipeline past "talk", forward funding for education, education funding reform and increases, etc. This state is in better shape today than almost every other state, and a good part of that is because of her fiscally conservative leadership. I wish her well, and Prnell will continue to do an excellent job. All you nonAlaskans don't have a CLUE as to how she has guided our state. Go fix your own broke states first – oh yeah, the Feds will take care of you because you cant take care of yourselves!!

July 3, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  12. Joanna in PA

Know body is SCARED of Palin. She is an idiot pure and simple. We do enjoy the soap opera drama she demonstrates. She is a real hoot. Now that she is NO longer Mac's running mate, we are fine. US dems were only afraid of her being in power because of her 5th grade maturity level, and forth grade education. She also has some extremely disturbing religious practices. Witch doctor?? HELLO!Other than that, she is really entertaining.

July 3, 2009 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  13. Denna

Once again, this woman is the gift that keeps on giving. She has become the poster child of strange behavior. I think the DNC should just let it alone. Attacking her and the RNC is like stomping on a wounded animal.

July 3, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  14. Angie-OH

paul July 3rd, 2009 4:34 pm ET
    _______________________________________________________
    Hey paul, if she can't stand the heat she would (and hopefully) stay out the kitchen. she is an idiot!

July 3, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  15. anee

There is absolutely nothing to worry about!! Sarah who?

July 3, 2009 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  16. Carole

@ Marc Hayes about Dems being bizarre.

You must definitely be a right wing nutjob like Rush the racist. The Republican Party has rightfully owned the title 'bizarre' kind sir. I mean Ensign and Sanford both criticized President Clinton. At least President Clinton could do his job and not go nuts,

I think the heat is on Palin. I think with this week's events with the emails on her, Romney is muscling her out so it will Romney/Pawlenty. Republicans are dirty. They don't care about spending zillions on a not necessary war that killed people of color.

July 3, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  17. Jaymie M

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!!!! Stop taking this so personally! The behavior of Sarah Palin is bizarre! Plain and simple! You dont quit a job that you were elected for because too many people are accusing you of stuff! People typically run away from these situations when the accusations are true. People point fingers, accuse and sue politicians all the time. They don't say "THIS IS TOO MUCH I QUIT!"I personally think she was probably a decent governor for the state. Should she be anywhere near DC? NO! If mounting legal fees are an issue, you don't your job and give up your income! Drill another oil well and make some cash and handle your business BABY! I pray for the sake of this country that Sarah contributes her gifts on issues that would be more beneficial for the country and her family, and less divisive. I really hope that she thinks quitting her (elected) job in 2009 is a great way to start any type of race in 2012

Oh yea, and for those of you complaining that Obama resigned from the Senate to run for President – FALSE. Dude got a promotion! Get over it.

July 3, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  18. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

That speech was music to my ears. Either she's out of politics completely, which is good, or she's going to run in 2012, which is better. She doesn't have a chance in Hades to EVER become the POTUS.

July 3, 2009 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  19. Excuse me?

Palin's multi-million $ book deal – SIMPLE. Don't buy it. You can pick up an equivalent coloring book at your local Wal-Mart...

July 3, 2009 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  20. KingDavid

Governor Palin made the smartest Political move for the Republican Party Ticket now and 2012 Presidential Election and to sell a book for $7 million, if she has to run against Obama, who I voted for, or against Hillary Clinton who I did not vote for, but Hillary Clinton has the one job now that qualifies a woman to be president of the United States and if the Republican Party was not so prejudice they would have talked Condalisa Rice into running in the Primary Election against Obama and Hillary because Rice's job put her in the category of women like Margaret Thatcher in the Argentina war and Golden Mier in the Olympic Terrorists attack! WAKE UP REPUBLICAN'S I DON'T LIKE THE SOCIALIST Democrats that followed President Bush's example of "Welfare for Corporate Fat Cats that ship American jobs overseas along with the Manufacturing equipment and our national Resources for CHEAP LABOR! If any Country other than the U.S.A. is importing more than they are exporting plus exporting American jobs, please let me know so I can visit them in the Mental Ward because if a Country's tax base relies on income taxes and you don't let the American workers earn income we are going to go broke with paper money not worth the paper it is printed on and HYPER Inflation to replace a Recession!

July 3, 2009 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  21. michiganruth

when I heard Palin announce this, I wondered how the Democrats were going to spin it, and now we know.

I wouldn't blame her at all if she decided to resign because she was tired of all the disgusting and slanted media coverage she gets. I have never in my 55 years seen a candidate so vilified, and for what? what did she ever do to deserve the LOATHING of the chattering class?

as it happens I do not agree with Sarah on 90% of the issues, but I admire her for being true to herself . politician, wife, mother, patriot...I can't understand why she inspires such hatred.

btw: I am really amazed at the number of psychiatrists and psychologists we have in America today. I can see from these comments that many of you have specific opinions about Sarah's mental state. that's amazing that you can diagnose her without ever having actually, you know, MET her. where did you all get your degrees, anyway?

July 3, 2009 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  22. Hal

The DNC per usual is a bunch of idiots! :)

July 3, 2009 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  23. Sara

My niece (who lives in Alaska) told me by phone that she felt relieved that Sarah Palin resigned. She said that Palin destroyed their government's office of foreign affairs by cutting that budget to a one person office. My niece explained that Alaska needs foreign relations for trade but Palin missed the point of how important foreign trade is to Alaska. ( I am being polite and restating my niece's statements to keep the profanity out.) I may not have stated the correct government office title but you all understand what I mean.

I am thrilled that Palin has had to resign. I am not a supporter of the religious far right trying to take over our country. She represents that group. All civil servants, elected or appointed must not overstept the first amendment. The religious far right wants her to be their leader. Oh, please God NO..o…o..o.. Palin's stepping down should hurt the representation of the Christian far right as well as the Repub's. I hope, I hope...but the Repub's are not so smart.

July 3, 2009 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  24. Shannon

For all of you stating that the U.S. is a mess since Obama took over, he is actually dealing with the mess created by that bozo predecessor of his. You had that moronic jerk at the helm for 8 years. What do you expect? He not only left the U.S. in ruins, but the Middle East for that matter. Where's Osama??

Secondly, Sarah Palin has no hope in Hell of ever winning the White House, especially against someone as bright, capable, and popular as Barack Obama. Palin is none of those things, well, maybe except popular as she had been great material for Tina Fey and the like. What a narcissistic, delusional, foolish woman.

I say, Palin, run! You'll embarrass yourself more than you ever had. It will be fun to watch you self-destruct!! Give 'er, Sarah!!

July 3, 2009 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  25. Capital Insider

I agree, the DNC response is a sign that there is a concern about Palin running for office. The best response would have been silence. However, we showed there are some in the party who feel we should kick her when she is down. Since when did we become the bullys? I think our roles have reversed with the Republicans. LOL. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

July 3, 2009 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |