July 6th, 2009

Eight months after Election Day, Franken reaches Capitol Hill

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Senator-elect Al Franken is in the nation's capital Monday, in advance of his official swearing-in Tuesday by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Filed under: Al Franken
  1. Mike

Some of you people are just like the Lemmings, to the one who said 73% want health care from Obama you better do some more research, over 85% say they are happy with what they have. What Obama is not telling you is that the so called 45 million with no health care, in that number is millions of iilegals. I sure do not want my money ..get that you socialists? My money to go to the health care of people who break our federal laws to come and get health care. If you do not like that, to bad! This is still America for now and untill the Supreme Leader Obama outlaws free speech and he will if he can, heard of the so called Fairness Doctrine? I will spout my un-PC rehtoric! As for little Johnnie yes the GOP has screwed themselves, and untill they get back to true conservitism they will falter. The plus is they are starting to understand that the so called middle of the road Repubs. like McCain are not what the people want. As for so called Repubs like that tuncoat Powell they are better of without them.

July 6, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  2. Al-NY,NY

Now it's Senator Franken O"Reilly. Be sure to show repsect for the office as you always said when Duh Duh Duhbya was around

July 6, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  3. Sniffit

@ Mike, who said "The plus is they are starting to understand that the so called middle of the road Repubs. like McCain are not what the people want."

Hint: We don't want any of them...middle of the road or otherwise (do some research yourself). Only about 20% of the country was born lacking in sufficient shame to still identify themselves as a GOPer.

July 6, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  4. Dave

Glad to see it. Congrats Al.

July 6, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  5. changing my screen name to see if it helps getting my comments posted

@ tony – fla,

Number of registered voters in MN as of June 4, 2009 – 3,178,050
    Votes Coleman got – 1,212,317
    Votes Franken got – 1,212,629

Now I know I'm going to ignore the 3rd candidate for a moment, but unless 753,104 voters registered between November 4, 2008 and June 4, 2009 you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

July 6, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |