July 16th, 2009

RNC raises $8M in June

WASHINGTON (CNN) – The Republican National Committee raised $8 million in June, the party said in a statement issued Thursday.

The RNC also said it has no debt and nearly $24 million in cash on hand.

Last month, the average donor contribution was $35, according to the RNC, and the committee received more than 231,000 contributions.

The Democratic National Committee hasn't yet released its fundraising numbers for June 2009.

Filed under: RNC
  1. Ted

RNC should have to give it to the federal government to help pay for the deficit George Bush left Obama to deal with.

July 16, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  2. Kelby In Houston, TX

That's the RNC in a nutshell, lots of money, no ideas, no solutions, NO HOPE!
    For too long we have paid attention to the wrong things. We will look at whose commercial ran longer and more times on tv rather than the content of that ad. I hope that we have learned to pay attention to candidate and not how much money they have.
    People want a plan. People want to know what you want to do with the office you are running for. The reason why Obama raised so much money is because of the content of his message and the fact people agreed with it.
    It's great they raised so much money, but how many alternatives have they offered? What ideas do they have to provide the people? and expect us to pick it apart to find out what's wrong and what's right with it.

July 16, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  3. Sick -n- Tired

WOW! 8 mil. Oooo! I'm so AFRAID!!!!

July 16, 2009 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  4. T

Who cares, all of their money is evil that came from evil people.

July 16, 2009 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  5. Fair is Fair

Jefe said:

"We the People had also had enough of debt-and-spend policies. Remember the US Dollar dropped about 35% in value during the Bush Administration's tenure"
    _____________________________

Jefe, I'm going to assume you know something about economics. Having said that, you must realize that the #1 cause of devaluation is inflation. Correct?

It's widely accepted that cumulative inflation over the past 40 years (since 1969) is around 800%. To put that in perspective, think of an item (say a loaf of bread), what that item cost in 1969, and what it costs now. It's usually around a factor of 8 (obviously higher for some items and lower for others, but let's keep it general).

OK. 800% inflation over 40 years comes out to about 5% per year, when you take into consideration the concept of compounding. Most economists agree with this as a guideline.

Since Bush was president for 8 years, one would expect that inflation would have taken it's toll on the dollar to the tune of around 40%. So really, Jefe, the 35% you cite really isn't out of the ordinary, now is it?

July 16, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  6. Sick -n- Tired

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, southerncousin, donttreadonme, skyhawkdriver, and pheonix86 are the same person who is actually paid/sponsered by the "Fixed Noise" channel.

July 16, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  7. Robin

katiec July 16th, 2009 12:44 pm ET

Of course they raise big money. They have big business, lobbyists and special interests backing them 100%. Even more so now that there is a chance of our getting a true health care reform that will take
    the control and humongous profits out ot their hands.
    Why is there never a breakdown of where their contributions from from? Silly question, we know why.
    ====================================================

First of all, I'm not a lobbyist or a big business and I support the GOP. That being said, Oprah and the brigade of the Hollywood Elite are part of Obama's territory.

As far as health care. It's a bad plan. Democrats want people to be dependent on the government for their every need. I don't. I can take care of myself and my family, thank you very much. But then again, my parents raised me that a good life and health care were up to me and my responsibility to obtain. Guess what, I did!

Funny thing is, the Blue Dog Dems are screaming the loudest regarding the Health Care Bill and it will be blocked because of that.

July 16, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  8. Steve (the real one)

@Dutch/Bad Newz, VA July 16th, 2009 11:46 am ET
    ------------------------------
    I am glad you said that. I know the republicans waste money and I am glad you can admit your party does too! I am just perplexed why you are calling the dems "idiots". I thought you were a democrat! I am sure I am not misreading your post!

July 16, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  9. Steve (the real one)

Dutch, I diagree we don't need heros on either side of the aisle. We need leaders and statemen/women!

July 16, 2009 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  10. Steve (the real one)

@katiec July 16th, 2009 12:44 pm ET
    ------------------------------
    If you don't think the global warming crowd isn't big business, I suggest you have a chat with Al Gore! NO big business, NO lobbyists, and NO special interest group support the democrats? I said before this is much mess in YOUR party and much in mine! I can see it , why can't you?

July 16, 2009 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  11. DoneWithDems

@ Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Watch these idiots waste all that money on senseless and ineffective fear-mongering commercials. The republican party needs a hero seriously.

.....and your hero has rammed a stimulus plan down our throats that wasn't even reviewed. Now he's attempting to tax us into oblivion with cap and trade. Lets rush a healthcare plan through that the CBO clearly states is inneffective. The list goes on and on.

The old saying "haste makes waste" bears some merit. Sorry buddy, your hero never had the super powers you thought he had. Put down the comic book and come on over to reality. We need all the folks we can get to return our country to the prosperity and respect we are deserving of.

July 16, 2009 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  12. SlowGun

@donttreadonme July 16th, 2009 12:08 pm ET

I can't wait to vote these liberial dems out of power before they completely destroy our National Defenses.

----------------------------–
    Hey donttreadonme...here is your same post, and again, you offer no examples or proof to back this statement you keep repeating.
    Once again I'll ask you to provide one. Because so far, Obama has listen to and provided the Pentagon and Gates with everything they asked for. Including more troops in Afghanistan...you know, the real war on terrorism that Bush ignored so that he could waste our military resources in Iraq chasing WMD that didn't exist.

July 16, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |