July 22nd, 2009

Clinton, Biden in 2016?

Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.

(CNN) – It appears that two high ranking members of the Obama administration haven't entirely ruled out seeking the presidency again.

First, Vice President Joe Biden said last month that a third White House bid in 2016 - when he would be 73 - is not something he has completely closed the door on.

"No, I won't. I won't rule that out. No," the vice president said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Now, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who battled President Obama for the 2008 Democratic nomination, told a Thai television station she doesn't know if she will have White House ambitions in the future, though quickly made clear it's not something she has given thought to.

"I don't know, but I doubt very much that anything like that will ever be part of my life," Clinton, who would be 68 in 2016, told the television station, according to the Associated Press.

"I tried to be the president and was not successful," she added.

1. Mclean

She would be so much better than the communtiy organizer & chief.

July 22, 2009 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  2. jae

All of you (well, probably a small minority) of you still Hillary lovers, should just pray for your current President and the U.S. as a whole, and realize that Hillary lost. I feel that she is a very smart politician, but, at 68, she will be far too old to get my vote.

Her Bosnia story may take another turn in 2016.....as she may in 2016 remember that she was shot and killed in Bosnia.....it's known as Alzheimers.

July 22, 2009 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  3. LtDan

Pres O is doing a great job considering the mess he started with. he proved during the last show down he had better jugment than hillary does... did she ever get that big bill from her run paid off?

Pres O is the best we have, Palin the worst.

July 22, 2009 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  4. tom

How about Clinton-Palin. They should both be past menopause by then.

July 22, 2009 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  5. Ambrose Smith, Borrego Springs, California

Sheesh! What a non story!

July 22, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  6. joshua

lol at all these moronic Republicans pretending to be Hillary supporters and Obama bashers. Don't you guys have a tea party to go to or something? lolololol. You guys are pathetic.

July 22, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  7. makesUwonder

Please Joe, rule out a bid in 2016 because I'm sure you won't be there after 2012.

July 22, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  8. Danny E. Gonzalez

I would have been nice to have elected Hillary to the office; but she is probably looking at the fact that she is finally out of fincancial troubles with her campaign and she is the Secretary of State and still the most powerful woman in the U.S. (I'm not convice Polosi is as powerful). so perhaps this might be it for her. I would like to see young people get into the mix from both sides... in the end this is how we continue our democracy.

July 22, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  9. Ben

Lisa – "He's a great leader people but he never went around calling himself the Messiah"

No, idiot Liberals like you did that all on your own.

July 22, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  10. Four and The Door

I can't even believe she was the second choice for Secretary of State! She has zero original ideas. She's about as inspirational as a bag of dirt. Uh, no thanks!

July 22, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  11. S Callahan

I wonder, do you think SOS Clinton is having a good laugh reading this.
    I just can't imagine VP JOE in this top spot....but stranger things have happen.

July 22, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  12. AJ

It's unfortunate that Hillary lost but we can hope that she runs again. Obama's presidency will not last more than one term. His inexperience is showing and it will get worse. We Democrats had a huge opportunity and squandered it. I hope we can rectify the situation in 2012.

July 22, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  13. Honest AB

AHHHAH, you people just get on my nerves so badly. This country is just a bunch of the phrase we heard in the primaries, BUNCH OF WHINERS. You can't please any you; half you don't know what you are fussing about, half don't understand the policies that are going forth, and have of you just repeat what you hear. All presidents have been a flop, right along with those greedy laymakers of ours. They are just what that Rev. Wright man said, POLITICIANS. They will say whatever they need to say in order to win. So I guess Mr. Obama outsmarted, outwitted, and out talked them. Whose next? No body knows, we'll have to wait for the next episode of "Fighting for the White House". It's all a joke to them, but for those who are losing their jobs and homes it's most certainly is not a joke. There are many who did not ask for this, they worked hard and did what we are told to do in order to get ahead. To those of you who are going thru this, I pray so much for you and your families, you don't deserve this. Our country have failed you and your families, and that's a crying shame.

July 22, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  14. Alex

The only way I'll vote for Democrats is...

Kucinich/Franken 2012!!!

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  15. Uncle Ellsworthy

Why wait until 2016, Hilary would be far better at the job than the current incumbant. I didn't and never could vote for him but Hilary is another matter, I'm pretty sure I could support this lady. We as a country would be far better off if she had been elected in 2008.

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  16. Rob

After Obama's disasterous 1 and only term, as well as the Dems train wreck of a Congress (where they lose their control in 2010), there will be no way any Democrat will be able to win the presidency for a long time to come.

The Dems in control right now are showing that they are self-serving, self-centered, corrupt, have no idea of how to run a country, and will do anything except for the job they were elected to do – serve the people.

The Republicans don't need to have a strategy against the Dems, they are doing a fine job of destroying their image and credibility on their own.

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  17. Zero.

Hello Hillary. You keep digging Wolf. I often wonder where your coming from? For Centuries the Arabs have lived in the Desert, with one small watering hole. An Oasis? It's the material that counts. Even drinking water can be as confusing as your intelect...

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  18. Debby

There won't be another Dem. in the White House in 2012 never mind 2016.

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  19. Shirley In California On The Fence Re Obama

A woman her age could not handle it and I don't care if her last name is Clinton. She won't run. A non-story. As for Biden-fat chance.

July 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  20. Kelby In Houston, TX

The future is now...

July 22, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  21. Kat

One thing about Hilary, she does love this country. Can't say that about Obama. I so wish she had become president, things would be so much better than this mess going on.

July 22, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  22. Ben

You're joking, right? Hillary/Biden? I can't think of a WORSE team. Neither one has what it takes to be President. Hiilary is just Barry reincarnated, plus she'll be 78. And don't even get me started on Biden. He's an absolute JOKE as VP. If the Dems can't do any better than that, they're toast.

July 22, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  23. rachel

STOP CNN STOP. Just because she didnt flat out say no you turn it to this. She said she tried to be president once and wasnt sucessful the end. I wouldnt blame her for not running with the way she was railroaded and americans beign so fical. Leave it alone. Oh by the way Hillary AGAIN said that the stuff about her and Obama not getting along is rubbish will you let that slide? POST

July 22, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  24. skyhawkdriver

Who cares about 2016??..after four years of obozo who really thinks another democrat will see the white house in our lifetimes??..it will take several election cycles to restore the country from his foolishness..four and out the door obumbler you putz

July 22, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  25. Ciera

She will never make it...Be aware that there is a serious block of voters who are watching what Democrats are / are NOT doing in support of current administration very closely. I can show you better than I can tell you...

July 22, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |