July 22nd, 2009

Clinton, Biden in 2016?

Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.

(CNN) – It appears that two high ranking members of the Obama administration haven't entirely ruled out seeking the presidency again.

First, Vice President Joe Biden said last month that a third White House bid in 2016 - when he would be 73 - is not something he has completely closed the door on.

"No, I won't. I won't rule that out. No," the vice president said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Now, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who battled President Obama for the 2008 Democratic nomination, told a Thai television station she doesn't know if she will have White House ambitions in the future, though quickly made clear it's not something she has given thought to.

"I don't know, but I doubt very much that anything like that will ever be part of my life," Clinton, who would be 68 in 2016, told the television station, according to the Associated Press.

"I tried to be the president and was not successful," she added.

1. Obozo is a clown

Dear lord – the blind leading the dumb?

Biden is a national JOKE. Obama & crew have to "explain" Joe's wreckless comments every other WEEK.

Hillary gets an "ow-eee" and takes 4 months off. Seriously Hil – you're not a tennis-pro or do anything requiring you to use your elbow!!

These two baffoons would be the perfect GOP rivals.

July 22, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  2. David

As Obama's popularity drops more and more, she'll most likely fight him for the Democratic nomination in 2012. It wouldn't surprise me if she does a Ted Kennedy to Jimmy Carter, but this time she'll most likely win! Sorry Ted, but nobody really thought you were capable.

July 22, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  3. Willy Brown

Hillary will run aganist Barry.

July 22, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  4. Voter

I don't care if I have to be carried into a voting booth by then, if she's on the ballot, my vote goes to Hillary Clinton.

Too bad stupid Americans didn't get with the program in 1994. We would have had universal health care for fifteen years by now – and no war in Iraq!

July 22, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  5. Neutralizer

Hillary is smart, Joe Biden is dumber than a piece of rock.

July 22, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  6. John

Keep going FORWARD, not backward. A 73 year old Biden (remember when a 72 McCain was an issue?) and a Clinton would not be continuing forward. Kathleen Sebelius, Deval Patrick, Bill Richardson could be moving forward...

July 22, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  7. Sniffit

"Obama's health care plan mirror Clinton's '94 failure?"

Really CNN? Are you so chicken you have to rephrase what is precisely the GOP's hopes and dreams and goals as a question?

July 22, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  8. Bill, MI

2016, what about 2012, Obama the Socialist will blow it.

The best thing is people will see what the Dems. are about , pure take over of the Private sector.

July 22, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  9. Royster

Whatever! I am sure there are 50 Republicans who would have the same quote about 2016...WHY is this news?

Find some REAL news we can blog about!!
    Who is inventing these stories...some CNN SUMMER INTERN?????

July 22, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  10. Frank

A ticket with either of those 2 names at the top I would not vote for.

July 22, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  11. history repeats

Ben

THEYRE TOAST?! ahhahaha sure they are. i guess palin was a good choice? i bet you voted for that moron BUSH twice as well? i suppose you expect anyone to believe you have good judgement?

July 22, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  12. Rocky

I would support Hillary in 2016. She is so much better than what we ended up with in the the White House.

July 22, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  13. Neutralizer

If Hillary run in 2012 she'll get my vote, but IF Romney is her opponent in general election, she'll lost my vote. I want a President with EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE not another senator who never balance a state budget in their life. That's why Bill Clinton was a good President, he was a GOVERNOR, an EXECUTIVE POSITION in the state level. If Arkansas is another country, Bill was the President.

July 22, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  14. Scott

I think Biden will be too old in 2016. Hillary Clinton is a possibility, but I think that it will be a Democratic governor who's not nationally well known now.

July 22, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  15. history repeats

Obozo is a clown

ahahahah oh man you repubs are too funny!! you call biden a joke when you voted for a COMPLETE idiot like bush TWICE and a dear-in -the -headlights looking PALIN. you people are great for an example of whats WRONG with the country. all you need is a candidate that says jesus a few times and your sold! you cry with glenn beck as he puts on public displays of "love for his country" hahaha and you do the pledge of allegiance with the other sheep as some lunatic shreeks about the presidents birth certificate......o the stupidity!

July 22, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  16. Peter E

Both of them are out. Biden in Obama's shadow looks like a cartoon character. There isn't a single intelligent sentence he uttered this year that didn't have to be diffused immediately by his own boss. The Obamaniacs also made sure that the tired old republican talking points from the 90s about Hillary stay alive. They still keep harping about them, still keep parroting, ironically, GOP talking points. So ironically it is the Obamaniacs themselves who already destroyed any chances of democrats staying in power after Obama's term.

July 22, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  17. history repeats

Bill, MI

the dems want to take over the private sector by doing what? taking health insurance out of greedy corp's hands and put it in the hands of people THAT DONT MAKE PROFIT OFF OF IT? you are sheep! dont type words anymore just type "BaaaaAAAAaaAAAaAAh!!" from now on. you will make more sense!!!!!

July 22, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  18. Steve

Why wait till 2016, Hillary and Biden? Obama is destined to be a one-term President the way things are going. Challenge him in 2012!

July 22, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  19. Limbaugh is a liberal

Historically the chances are very slim that a democrat would be following Obama's presidency. Since Truman only Bush Sr. bucked the trend of a party switch in the White House after 8 years. And he ended up a one-termer anyway. So start choosing the least disagreeable republican now. Hint: it's NOT going to be Palin.

July 22, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  20. Emma

Obama's presidency will last for two terms. Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton
    are well seasoned in US and international governance . I do not think either of them would want to be #2.

July 22, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  21. Sheila Baker

I would love to see Hilary oppose Obama in 2012. Every
    election needs complete candidate competition rather
    than allowing party incumbents yo dominate without
    oppositon from their own parties.

July 22, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  22. 1984

Good.Shes more of a republican than a republican.She can sell some more jobs to India.

July 22, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  23. Kevin

Why are people bashing a President that has only been in office for six months? I don't know what it will take to get people to understand how hard it is to clean up an economic mess. I don't remember him saying that he would have the economy back to normal in six months, do you? Did he say that it will take six months, or did he say it will take close to 8 years to get it back to the way it should be? I think it was the latter that he stressed during his campaign. Why are some of us all of a sudden suffering from amnesia, and a little bit of insanity. If Hillary was president the economy would be in the exact same shape that it is in at this very moment. He is not God, he can't change things over night, SO STOP EXPECTING HIM TO. BE patient, PLEASE.

July 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  24. Lenny

I supported Hillary Rodham Clinton in the primaries. When she lost, I felt somehow she was cheated. Yes I know the rules were the rules and that Florida and Michigan were NOT to be counted- as far as the delagates go. But the voters spoke loudly and clearly in both of those states for then Senator Clinton. I also know that Senator Obama was not on the ballot in one of those states, but it was HIS choice not to place his name on the ballot, as it was Mrs. Clinton's to keep hers on them.

However, aside from my support for Mrs. Clinton, I am a democrat above all. I support the views, stances and core values. So when Obama won the nomination, I followed Clinton and supported him. And to be honest, I am very proud of the history making moment it was electing Obama. And I am also proud of his work as POTUS. He is doing a fine job, but somewhere I still wish and imagine what it of been like under a President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In saying that, I not only hope, but wish, that Hillary takes a stab at it again in 2016.
    :-)

July 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  25. Bill, MI

History repeats

Car industry, banks, energy and now health care. Normal americans will wake up watch and see.

July 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |