July 22nd, 2009

Clinton, Biden in 2016?

Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.

(CNN) – It appears that two high ranking members of the Obama administration haven't entirely ruled out seeking the presidency again.

First, Vice President Joe Biden said last month that a third White House bid in 2016 - when he would be 73 - is not something he has completely closed the door on.

"No, I won't. I won't rule that out. No," the vice president said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Now, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who battled President Obama for the 2008 Democratic nomination, told a Thai television station she doesn't know if she will have White House ambitions in the future, though quickly made clear it's not something she has given thought to.

"I don't know, but I doubt very much that anything like that will ever be part of my life," Clinton, who would be 68 in 2016, told the television station, according to the Associated Press.

"I tried to be the president and was not successful," she added.

1. ronvan

No surprise here. Although both are definitely well qualified and would be strong contenders.

July 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  2. Phat Elvis

Great non-story CNN. why not report what the Bush twins had for dinner or something on michael jackson. they are all about equally informative

July 22, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  3. gt

give me a break joe ,,,,please shut up and keep quiet

July 22, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  4. Robin in Tampa, FL

I would vote for Hillary in 2016

July 22, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  5. spinbowla@hotmail.com

Come on CNN I know and accept you need to get ppl to read ur blogs but pls stop misrepresenting the articles content in ur headlines

July 22, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  6. Jan Illinois

Hillary, Go Girl, Women who did not vote for you, when they had the chance to stand together, chose not to. The have tied the hands of their daughters and grand daughters and set us all back around ten years. At the end of it all I wonder would they do it again? That answer scares me.

July 22, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  7. Peter

Go for it Sen Hillary! I'm sure it will be your turn on 2016. The party of NO will rule may be after 25 years. They are busy talking about deficits now but they don't tell us how much damage they have caused. President Obama inherited a total mess if GW Bush was the president today the bread could be costing over $ 12,50. Oil could be over $ 6 dollars a gallon and half of state workers could have been sent home. Talk about hypocricy and what comes to mind? The republicans.

July 22, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  8. TCM

haha...you're kidding right? Once Obama gets through, this country will be hard pressed to elect another liberal....2016..!! now that's a joke! Nice sleight of hand, CNN to try and draw away the crashing of the healthcare plan....

July 22, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  9. Bob from Dallas

If you run again Hillary I'll vote for you again. After what was done to you by the DNC I voted Republican for the first time in my life and will continue to do so unless you or another native born American is on the Democratic ballot.

July 22, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  10. dkr

Go Hillary!!!

Hillary should be President some day.

I think Hillary should be VP right now. Hopefully Obama realizes he made a mistake and makes her VP during his second term.

Obama needs to stop trying to please people that HATE him. Obama should be focused on the people who voted for him, or they wont vote for him again.

July 22, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  11. ilopez

She has my vote.......AGAIN

go Hillary go.

July 22, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  12. phoenix86

A.B.O.

Anybody But Obama.

July 22, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  13. Carmen

I would love to see Hillary run. I am a lifelong Republican but I probably would have voted for her had she won the Democratic primary. She is smart, she loves this country and understands that our freedom is not free. I would love to see her run again. I think the koolaid is running through people's systems and they can see they need a change. Clinton would have brought much needed change to this country but she would have done it the right way and it would have been successful under her.

July 22, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  14. Annie

Hillary would be an outstanding president. I wanted her to be president in the last election with Obama as her vice president. I wanted Obama to run for president after he'd served two terms in the vice-presidency. If Hillary's administration could equal the success of Bill Clinton's, with the incredible intelligence of both Hillary and Obama - that would be an absolutely astounding administration. They would probably be able to undo all the damage the Bush administration did by the time Obama finished his second term in office.

But, if we have to go in reverse, Obama for two terms and then Hillary for two terms, I can like that idea too.

Go Hillary!

July 22, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  15. phoenix86

I think you'll see Hillary run in 2012.

July 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  16. FredG

Please, Hillary, run in 2016! We will all vote for you!

July 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  17. Zach

After 4 years of Barry's policies, we wont have the money to have an election in 2012, to say nothing of 2016.

July 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  18. Frank, Las Vegas

Maybe they should be on the same ticket, BUT...that's almost eight years away. Let's concentrate on the here and now for awhile, ok?

July 22, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  19. Gary of WeHO

HILLARY for 2012!!!! I'm sure that the Obama supporters will support her since she gave Obama a chance to implement the "CHANGES" that he promised to do. Sick & tired of that promise. We want the HILLARY CLINTON Change! I'ts just fair to give them both a chance!

I am sure that the 18 million supporters she has in all the big blue states will come together and elect her! Go Hillary! and let the games begin!

July 22, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  20. Paul Cooper

They should run as a team. That way they can both lose.

However, this all assumes that we still have a free democracy come 2016. At the rate we're going, that cannot be assumed.

July 22, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  21. Kat

YES! God I hope so. Should be there now.

July 22, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  22. bill

get a life cnn.this is 2009 is that the best reporting you have.COME ON YOU CAN DO BETTER5 THAN THAT.WHAT ABOUT CHANEYS MISDEADS.hum guess we still know who cnn is protecting.clinto biden 2016 get real

July 22, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  23. Andrew

Hillary 2016? More like 2012!!!!!!!!!!! This president has ruined our country we need a leader who has guts like her!!!!!!! :)

Hillary 2012

July 22, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  24. polar bear

After 6 months of Obama, I welcome Hilary with open arms. Biden can't speak or remember anything now, what will improve in 3 years?
    Just a thought from an independent.

July 22, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  25. alpha_nu_916

Neutralizer July 22nd, 2009 5:25 pm ET

If Hillary run in 2012 she'll get my vote, but IF Romney is her opponent in general election, she'll lost my vote. I want a President with EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE not another senator who never balance a state budget in their life. That's why Bill Clinton was a good President, he was a GOVERNOR, an EXECUTIVE POSITION in the state level. If Arkansas is another country, Bill was the President.
    ------------------------------–
    fyi – W. was a president with EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE & he was an unmitigated disaster. carter was the former governor of georgia & his presidency saw iran fall in the hands of hardliners, double digit inflation, & a gas crisis.
    EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE is not the sole factor when determining whether a person can make an excellent president. see lincoln, kennedy, truman, jefferson.

July 22, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |