July 22nd, 2009

Clinton, Biden in 2016?

Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday did not rule out a 2016 presidential run.

(CNN) – It appears that two high ranking members of the Obama administration haven't entirely ruled out seeking the presidency again.

First, Vice President Joe Biden said last month that a third White House bid in 2016 - when he would be 73 - is not something he has completely closed the door on.

"No, I won't. I won't rule that out. No," the vice president said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Now, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who battled President Obama for the 2008 Democratic nomination, told a Thai television station she doesn't know if she will have White House ambitions in the future, though quickly made clear it's not something she has given thought to.

"I don't know, but I doubt very much that anything like that will ever be part of my life," Clinton, who would be 68 in 2016, told the television station, according to the Associated Press.

"I tried to be the president and was not successful," she added.

1. Dutch the mooch

Biden is dumber than Palin. How could anyone vote for Biden except for dog catcher? Who is going to repay your mooching on me and my family? 23 million est. by Barofsky yesterday. Get a job and care about saving money instead of spending mine.

July 22, 2009 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  2. Denna

I really like Hilary Clinton, but the way she tried to stick a knife in President Obama's back when they were campaigning really ticked me off. However, in 2016 I will vote for her as I believe she will be a great followup to President Obama. Unless, of course, America is ready to punish itself again and go Repug.

July 22, 2009 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  3. Observant

Hillary for 2012!!!! At least with Hillary, we will get Bill's expertise on the economy. Obama isn't trying hard enough to bring the jobs back or create new one. Obama doesn't want to upset the apple cart, the Clintons don't care about upsetting the cart and I don't either as long as the economy is strong again.....

RUN HILLARY RUN!!!!

July 22, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  4. Steve from Somerset

My prediction: In 2012, Hillary Clinton will replace Joe Biden on the Democratic ticket, setting her up for a Presidential run in 2016.

July 22, 2009 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  5. Jon

Biden and Hillary definitely should run in 2012 or 2016, because you just look how quickily and hard Obama falls on the floor! Hillary would be better because Bill can help her to manage the economy and fiscal policies. With OB's administration in power, we are afraid that we will run out of paper to print money.

July 22, 2009 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  6. Stephanie

Enough already with future elections!! Hasn't CNN got anything else to report on??

July 22, 2009 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  7. Jason

Clinton will be too old by then. She already cancelled two overseas trips. Clinton would be inaugurated at 69 and would be 77 by the end of her term. We need someone younger than a 77 year old Hillary in 2025. I don't think Hillary has the stamina to be finishing off her second term in 2025.

July 22, 2009 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  8. Kris in AL

Dear Mr. Vice-President,

Please run!

Sincerely,

The National Republican Committee

July 22, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  9. Dee, 1 Vote

Hillary, Pres "O" is my vote in 2012, in 2016 I will bea GOP!

July 22, 2009 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  10. libby

What a Joke! Here people are expecting miracles from President Obama. Instead of being realistic about the mess he inherited. I thank God everyday that he became President and not John McCain or Sarah Palin. At least I give props to John McCain for being quiet along with Bush because they know what a mess this country was left in. Had the republicans won or Hillary, we would surely have slidden off that precipice. Thank God that we have President Obama who have made our foreign connections better and who is working very hard to restore this country. I for one am not foolish enough to believe that things will get better in such a short time. Thank you Mr.President and heaven help these pitiful fools who have not appreciated your hard work.

July 22, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  11. dale

Liberals – please wake up and admit you made a serious mistake. My dem friends at work are finally admitting it and so can you.
    This is the most fiscally irresponsible person we could have for a president, you don't have to be conservative to see this. We need to stick together as americans no matter if we are conservative or liberals to make sure we don't end up a broken nation and a huge joke to the world. We cannot let our emotions over run what we know is right. A mistake is a mistake, we all make them. We wanted change and we have it. Maybe not what everyone had in mind but we got it.
    Do not let the medias paint this perfect picture for you. Think for yourselves-please think for yourselves

July 22, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  12. Patrick

I don't believe in Jesus, I love my country but don't say the pledge because it is submissive and i don't worship, and i don't like Glenn Beck. However

I love Sarah Palin. Hillary and Biden? Never, Hillary shouldn't have sold out her supporters like me who wanted her to go to the convention and tak it all he way. And now i have a female candidate who doesn't beleive in killing babies and didn't carpetbag a Senate seat. It's nice. Deer in headlights? Try Nobama without a telemprompter. Sorry Sarah didn't rape Juannita Braddock or kill Mary Jo Kopechne, or cheat on a spouse with cancer, haters!

Palin 2012!

She's going to be President one day so if you are a liberal wouldn't you rather get it over with now?

July 22, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  13. bozo the obama

2012 would be more accurate

July 22, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  14. No Hillary = No Obama

I say it's Clinton-Biden very soon. It's time Obama produced a valid birth certificate or is this whole thing a fraud?

July 22, 2009 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  15. Ciera

Guess by the end of Obama's term(s), Michelle O will have the level of foreign experience equivalent to Hillary's...Considering her Harvard education, things could get real interesting.

July 22, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  16. Mike b

Anybody but the greedy hate mongering Republicans.

July 22, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  17. George Washington

Biden Pelosi more like it

July 22, 2009 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  18. George Washington

if Hillary is such a winner, then how come you didnt' vote for her? if she were president now, you same whiners would be whining about her, the same as you whined about bush and now whining about obama, who votes for these presidents that you all end up whining about anyway? and you try to tell other countries who to vote for?

July 22, 2009 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  19. shay

Is wandering why we are talking about 2016 in 2009?

July 22, 2009 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  20. gl, Pittsburgh

All this article did was bring out the Hilliary's supporters. She can not run in 2012 becasue she is a cabin member. Please educate your self before making a statement like Hilliary 2012 may 2016.

July 22, 2009 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  21. J.C.

Can we have a break from presidential campaign? This is only a distraction from passing health care reform. Secretary Clinton should not answer questions on speculations at this critical point. She should know better how important this is to the people – voters.

July 22, 2009 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  22. LA Man

Biden? Who would vote for Biden in 2016?

Jesus help us.

July 22, 2009 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  23. If Obama keeps calling the police stupid, siding with his friends

I will vote for Hillary next go around

that was COMPLETELY out of line

the police were absolutely correct and Obama has no business in the middle of that

I am outraged

July 22, 2009 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  24. Renee from Broward, FL

Hillary and Biden will lose and we will have republicans back in and making a bigger mess that the country will never recover. I will do everything in my power to make it so.

July 22, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |