July 22nd, 2009
  1. jm

This is a proud moment in American history. Ignoring the political naysayers who are leaching off of the American people, Congress and the president can and should accomplish the task of comprehensive health care reform, adding new access to what should be considered an essential liberty. Never did I think congressional committee work could be so exciting!

July 22, 2009 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  2. OBAMA the Anti-Christ

You need pointers from Hillary her plan was the plan.

July 22, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  3. Dee, 1 Vote

Mr. Obama, The Johnson Family, 1958 – 2006. I'm Grandpop! My family is on your side!

July 22, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  4. IS IT 2012 YET ??

But he said NOTHING ! This guy is a Bozo.

July 22, 2009 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  5. Scott, Tucson

I just have a problem in that Obama and our politicians do not want to get in on the health care plan that Obama is trying to dump on us. Guess it's not good enough for them but just fine for us little folks.

July 22, 2009 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Right on the money Mr. President. Our health care system should provide all Americans with sufficient health care. Just as sufficient as your coverage and those in congress(echoing your sentiment).Iam proud I voted for you. Stay strong!

TonyJ, PB,FL
    "Go Carver Eagles"

July 22, 2009 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  7. Ricky

He didnt convince me. Again NO details. Its like a used car salesman saying you cant look under the hood fo the cat you about to buy. I want details.. i want to also know how in hell he is gonna pay for it.

July 22, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  8. Ricky

He didnt convince me. Again NO details. Its like a used car salesman saying you cant look under the hood fo the car you about to buy. I want details.. i want to also know how in hell he is gonna pay for it.

July 22, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  9. Neutralizer

Just like his $787 PORKULUS BILL! He said we must hurry so our economy can recover right away and stop UNEMPLOYMENT at 8%. THAT IS A LIE!

Now he's using the same SPEECH, socialize medicine to help our economy recover quickly? I want whatever Obambi's is smoking! It's a feel good sheit, he can't see straight! I want that too! We will NOT revover from your expenses by the TRILLIONS! We don't talk in billions anymore, it's all in TRILLIONS – it means INFLATION is here, OUR US DOLLAR is WORTHLESS!

July 22, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  10. bam

Congratulations once again to President Obama for reaching out to the American people and communicating clearly about issues that affect us. Explaining that a Public Option insurance plan would take the profit motive and administrative costs out of the equation, thereby forcing private companies to be more competitive, really shone a light on how the Public Option can bring down costs.

I'm so appreciative that we now have a President who is knowledgeable, sincere, intelligent, articulate, and conscientious. Thank you President Obama. Hang in there despite all the wrath coming from the greedy corporations and the bought-and-paid-for Republicans.

July 22, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  11. kaycal

Shame on me, I voted for this idiot. He is not a kind of president I thought he would be. He is a great speaker but that's about it. He is struggling!

July 22, 2009 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  12. No Hillary = No Obama

I always get the feeling with Obama, is it important to get this right for us, or is it important to get it right to satisfy his ego so he can claim it was his administation's achievement? I never really know with this guy. Where was he born again?

July 22, 2009 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  13. Record Insurance Company Profits + Denial of Coverage + Skyrocketing Premiums = The G.O.P. Health Insurance Plan

I support the President

July 22, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  14. valwayne

Obamacare will destroy the private health care system and we will all be left on Government controlled Government rationed health care. Government controled care that will will on be paying through the nose with 60% plus tax rates. Worse hitting our economy with these trillions in costs when we have almost 10% Unemployment will lead to 20-25% unemployment. It will take us more than a generation to recover from Obama!!!

July 22, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  15. Keith in Austin

Those in Congress supporting Obama's illconcieved healthcare bill will be putting a nail in their political futures for 2010 and 2012. Just wait and see folks. This plan is a LOSER and will take down the Liberals that support it!

July 22, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  16. RR

I thought it was important to get this quick, right or not.

July 22, 2009 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  17. Brian

oh yes, very important, so let's rush this through as fast as possible.

July 22, 2009 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  18. Ernie in LA

He does not even know what is in the Bill. How can he want to get it right. He is an Idiot.

July 22, 2009 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  19. really

it is on the way to a quick death now

July 22, 2009 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  20. SQZ

Screw Obama. Actually start with Rahm Emmanuel, George Soros and the other puppetmasters. Soros most of all. The president is a narcissitic know nothing doing the work of leftist lowlifes. You victims of mass psychosis should step back and think a bit for yourselves. There is nothing, repeat nothing, salvageable in this administration. Republican leadership is even more distasteful for a total lack of political courage to effect the most basic of challenges to what is so clearly anti-Constitution, anti-American, anti-Life. Read the Health Care Bill in all its bloated scorn for the person. It is detestable to the nth degree.

July 22, 2009 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  21. Vicki

I believe the President is working tirelessly in trying to "fix our health care system". I also believe that insurance companies that are spending a million dollars a day on lobbysists says alot. I personally find it shameful that our system of goverment is in reality based on money. I wonder how much of our wasteful spending would not exist if congressmen and senators were not opening their palms to accept gifts and money to sway their vote. It sickens me! They don't have our welfare in the forefront, they have their wallets open to the biggest givers. Lobbyists should be prosecuted. It's simply bribery. I feel Obama does have our best interests at heart and he is fighting a system of corruption and deprevation. I wish him the best and yes I did vote for him and would again. I find it refreshing to hear him speak and answer questions as tho he had a brain. Certainly not like the idiot we have had for the last 8 years! I honestly was embarrassed for our country. We were the laughing stock of the world because of him!
    Obama comes with intelligence and respect and he deserves it!

July 22, 2009 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  22. Really!?

He does not care about getting it right. He just wantsto get it done. There is no plan, and he wants it passed in two weeks. Every day we hear how much is not right about the proposals. Today a congressional report segmented the Americans (the legal ones I assume) who DO NOT HAVE HEALTH COVERAGE BECAUSE OF COSTS OR FAILURE TO QUALIFY. That astounding number 3% (Three percent) of Americans do not have or can not get insurance because they do not qualify, Thats a long shot from a crisis. People say they want reform, what they want is cheaper health care...thats not in these bills.

July 22, 2009 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  23. Alan

"Get it right" Then why the hurry? Most members of congress have not had time to even read the bill.

I think Obama hurt himself tonight. He was very arrogant and spouted off a bunch of boring figures (than don't add up by the way) and he seemed desperate.

My vote is no on the current proposal. Let's keep working and see if we can't come up with something better, and more affordable.

July 23, 2009 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  24. renea

For all the people who are complaining that President Obama is Spending too much time doing primetime N.C. its a shame that he have to do this to get his point across, besides that if you are sick of seeing him turn your t.v, off just dont watch ok. Case close.

July 23, 2009 01:33 am at 1:33 am |