July 22nd, 2009

Ron Paul weighs in on supporters' singles site

(CNN) - Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul told CNN what he thinks about "Ron Paul Singles" - the recently-launched dating site where fans of the Texas congressman can connect over life, love and the merits of the gold standard.

Filed under: American Morning • Health care • Ron Paul
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

I bet Sen. Ensign and Gov. Sanford frequent Ron's website often.

July 22, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  2. DougDC

Let's just hope that they don't reproduce.

July 22, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  3. Polar Bears Against Palin

This idiot needs to be put on medication.

July 22, 2009 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  4. Brigham

Strange character but one thing he does is apply logic which unfortunately is in short supply in the Democratic Congress.

July 22, 2009 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  5. dominican mama 4 Obama

I'm going to check out the site and see what his recommendations are in regards to the health care plan, seeing how he opposes the President's proposal.

This is what I don't understand: if you oppose something of this magnitude, you should have a viable plan to put in its' place. Where is the VIABLE alternative? I do not believe the President's plan is near-perfect, I just want someone to HELP him perfect it as much as possible. Anyone...

July 22, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  6. S Callahan

You know I think Ron Paul is like the voice in the wilderness...everyone hears him..but no one is paying attention.
    I may not agree with everything he says but he has made some good, and factual points, along the way.
    Now for the Singles group....whatever happen to opposites attract? Is dating now polar? smile

July 22, 2009 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  7. Doug, New Jersey

I'm sure its a great site, if you weed out the liberal Democrats, then you are left with a great mix of people who are all kind, decent, respectful and rich in morals, values, and compassion, pretty much like a red county.

July 22, 2009 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  8. Pat

Ron Paul brings people together from all races, creeds and all economic backgrounds. In the words of the Good Doctor "Freedom is popular". This coverage is all well and good but Dr. Paul is also working on landmark legislation to provide transparency for the secretive Federal Reserve system. Please contact your local legislators and ask for their support on HR 1207. It is time we knew what the private central bank is doing with our tax dollars.

July 22, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  9. Al Mellen

Paul has a problem with health care in his own home state,,,,,,what has he done about it,,,,apparently nothing. He has his health care,,,which he can afford,,,,,,,everyone else can go to hell.......Texas is near the bottom of the list when it come to health care. The people in texas have two wells they drink from,,,,,,,,one is always full of nourishment,,,,,the other one apparently is dry. The latter well will remain dry if the people like paul have their way. Thanks for your compassion mr Paul.

July 22, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  10. Henry Miller

Cool, as usual.

I have to confess I don't understand the people who say they don't like Ron Paul. What's not to like? He always makes sense and he's an utter realist. Is that what people don't like? That he's absolutely up front about how governments just can't be all things to all people, they can't give everyone everything they want?

July 22, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  11. GOP = 21st century dodo

I dated a libertarian once for a couple of weeks. She was smokin' hot, but she had no soul. Thanks Ayn Rand!

July 22, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  12. Sniffit

how wonderfully kooky

July 22, 2009 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  13. didi

once in a blue moon guy...he is not reliable...either....talks no sense...at all.............

July 22, 2009 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  14. pafaery

President Obama is throwing everything against the wall to see what will stick. What He is throwing are pipe dreams. I would like to be able to do that. I would hope for peace throughout the world. Going back to the time of the Garden where Adam and Eve enjoyed freedom and tranquility with no evil, no money worries, no democrats, no gangs, no food problems, no carbon problems, no Al Gore theories and no racial discrimination. How could we do this? We could be like Obama and throw it all against the wall and let congress handle it. He wants congress to handle all the worlds problems and then He could take complete control of the world. He may believe in God, but so does Satan and so do athiests.

July 22, 2009 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  15. Zero.

Control? But how much. Do you learn anything? Or just how to get more control??

July 22, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  16. kateri courtney

I hear republicans like buzzing flies in my ears. From their fearmongering commercials against health care to their inability to be accountable for eight years of disgusting lack of oversight of the banking system. Yet they never seem to have a solution to the health care debate. The reality is: we need health care reform and republicans are using this issue to bring down Obama in the future. I never understood why we can't just regulate the health insurance companies...they should be required to insure everyone according to income and the public should have legal options if they refuse to cover certain expenses like they do now. Insurance companies are like the mob. I'm sure it's much more complex, but could it be the insurance companies are buying off our congress? I'm sure they wouldn't do that!!!

July 22, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  17. Johnny DC

This is news? Ron Paul is the best chance America has at getting back to its glory, and the only mention of him is a small story about dating websites.

Congratulations, media. Well done.

July 22, 2009 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  18. Erik in Real Pennsylvania

Congressman Paul is getting stranger as he gets older. This once-grand Libertarian voice is wandering toward the fringe.

July 22, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  19. Deb n Texas

That sound like anything for a buck to me.

July 22, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  20. Active Duty Democrat

--------------------------------

Yeah because those Republican angels that represent you are rich in morals, values, and compassion too...gimme a break...

July 22, 2009 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  21. Jeff

Lies, hypocrisy, and a joke all wraped up into one. First, it's a public option for health care, nothing will be forced onto people. Second, people love their private insurance and hate medicare and the VA? Give me a break, oh but we can't get rid of those problems, because they're so bad I guess. Third, he says we should get out of the war which his own party started and fix the health care issue by balancing the budget? Guess what, the last time it was balanced and there was a surplus it was with a Democrat in the White House, Clinton, and it didn't save the economy but it busted again from rampant speculation and the Internet bubble.

And then he says but we should cover poor people with that money, but I thought the government couldn't do anything right. Give me a break. Paul is a Dr. and a part of the AMA and the last thing they want is anything to happen at all to Doctor's salaries other than skyrocketing up.

July 22, 2009 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  22. Gary

Ron is a character, probably too far out of the mainstream to get elected president. But he does raise interesting points about our constitution and the role of government.

I don't want anyone starving, I do want everyone to be healthy however it is not clear to me that it is the governments place to provide everything to everyone.

I hope that he stays in the political spot light.

July 22, 2009 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  23. Angie in Pa

The Man is losing it!

July 22, 2009 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  24. No Incumbents 2010

I hope the site goes well. It is very nice to meet other people who believe in small government and freedom, since nowadays most people are big-government apologists.

July 22, 2009 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  25. Doug, New Jersey

That's right ADD, compared to evil Democrats, republicans are the party of morals, values, decency, and integrity. The fact that a lib has to lie everytime they attempt to counter a conservative is a nice testiment to that, even better is comparing blue and red America, check out the murder/rape/crime/ rates per person in blue Vs. red America if you want to see the most offensive thing to a liberal Democrat, the truth. There is a reason why car insurance rates are so much cheaper in the red than the blue, and there is a reason why red America can carry guns without a problem, while you could never allow that to happen in blue America. Finally, what happened at that Walmart in blue Long Island would never happen in a red area, it is not about a few isolated individuals, it is about the majority, and there is a major difference between blue and red.

July 22, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |