July 26th, 2009

Axelrod: I'm not thinking about Palin's next move

WASHINGTON (CNN) – David Axelrod, one of President Obama’s most trusted political advisers, said Sunday that he does not spend time thinking about what Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin might do next.

“I can tell you with absolutely honesty,” Axelrod said Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union, “that when I sit around with my political friends . . . there’s very little or no discussion of Sarah Palin.”

“And I really have no idea what Gov. Palin is going to do,” the Obama aide told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “She’s entering private life now. We wish her well and it’s up to her to decide what role she’s going to play in the future. She’s got plenty of advice, I’m sure. She doesn’t need mine.”

After making a surprise announcement late last month that she would be stepping down, Palin is set to transfer power to her lieutenant governor on Sunday amid speculation that her bombshell move is intended to lay the groundwork for a White House run in 2012.

1. Deon

Palin connects with idiots who are just as shallow and tunnel visioned as her.

July 26, 2009 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  2. Abby Lacone

quit whining, and do what is best for the country, or quit telling other countries how to run their elections

July 26, 2009 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  3. Susan B Arnold

The world is filled with fools who fail to see the truth for fear of losing what is promised but never received. Sarah Palin is not about making promises, she's about making change and restoring what we're losing. Our constitution, our rights are being challenged and perhaps the best person to restore a secure foundation to our country is the person who isn't blinded by the pressures of a few wealthy Washingtonians but someone who can hear the voice of the masses.

July 26, 2009 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  4. Tina, NC

If Palin weren't attractive not one person would care what Palin does. Everybody knows this. She's a D-list celebrity at best. Before long she'll be on I'm A " Redneck" Get Me Outta Here or Dancing With The Stars.

July 26, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  5. CODY

Sarah Palin will be the ONE to unite and bring America back it's glorious root! It's time to clean house in DC, especially the craps we have there now!

July 26, 2009 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  6. Davidem

"PS. See what happens when we allow the media to shape the outcome of an election"
    Poker_Person

This just indicates that you have let your media shape your feelings about who won and why.

July 26, 2009 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  7. Palin 2012 - 2014 1/2

I love it....Go Sarah!!!

July 26, 2009 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  8. Ted

I agree – who cares about Palin? I don't. When I bring up the latest Palin foible, my GOP co-workers ask me if I am afraid of Palin. My response is no. If anyone should be afraid it is the GOP for feeding into her baloney and if she becomes the GOP standard bearer and candidate for 2012, the GOP has the problem, not the dems. I think she is an idiotic moron.

July 26, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  9. Republicans are the American Taliban

She should start a cheerleading academy or open an abstinence center...with stimulus money...

July 26, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  10. send it up

Here's the deal for me. I want a president and congress that works for the American people and appreciate that that God gave us this great land and it's constitution and will respect it's people and laws. I don't care if they are black or white or green or purple, as long as they have enough itegrity (that's what it takes you know) to honor those basic rules then they have my vote. I don't care if they are Democrat, Rebublican or WHATEVER ELSE. If they have the integrity (that's what it takes you know) to honor those basic rules then they have my vote. To date (i can't predict the future eh) Sarah Palin seems to have the best interest of The American People at heart and until I see anything differently I wouldn't have anything against her politically (definatley not personally). Watch her resignation pres conf. She already told you her plans eh. God Bless Americans,every one of them.

July 26, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  11. Jon

The liberal media and DAmacts so readily point out the most recent polling that shows the majority of American people does not "approve" Gov. Palin. Well, let's see the OB's numbers objectively. OB's most recently polling numbers on personal trusts, economy, healthcare, national security, and long-term fiscal responsibility and deficits etc are all falling below 50%. It would be interesting to see whether the DAmacts have the courage to comment on them and whether OB has the courage to let Biden to take charge as Gov. Palin does.

July 26, 2009 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  12. Tommy

Sara might make a good librarian, but that's it.

July 26, 2009 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  13. Arden Muller

There are to many other things to discuss and think about than Sara Palin and her next move. I am tired of hearing about her, listening to her and would rather hear about the problems of today.

July 26, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  14. LA2NC

I think that John King's question says more about the state of the press than it does about David Axelrod. Why is the media so obsessed with Sarah Palin?

We lost Walter Cronkite last week. The press today is awful when compared to him. Perhaps more time should be spent reporting news and not trying to make it. State of the Union is going the way of Meet the Press.......... not worth the time.

July 26, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  15. hongli

sarah palin is a pathological liar.

July 26, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  16. NC

Message to democrats.............Be afraid, Be very afraid.....................Sarah Palins coming and you can't stop her.........hahahaha

July 26, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |

7. Blame Bush
    8. Blame Bush
    9. Travel
    10. Blame Bush

July 26, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  18. PRAKASH MULLICK

I think you should edit the text in quotation marks to read "absolute honesty" and not "absolutely honesty". I was surprised that David Axelrod would make that mistake, and just now when I listened to his comment he did say "absolute honesty".

July 26, 2009 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  19. u getz clowned

John King shouldn't haven't even asked that question because no one cares about that Palin lady not even Democrats.. This lady is good for jokes and We wish her goodbye and keep it moving!!

July 26, 2009 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  20. Zero.

Sarah Palin? Another "Miss Potter', putting all the little animals in their places.

July 26, 2009 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  21. stormerF

Amazing all the bed wetting liberal Democrats are so afraid of Sara Palin.ALL they do is try to discredit her for what she has accomplished,and they have a hard time swallowing the facts that she has more Executive experience than Obama and Biden put together..... Axelrod will not have to keep up with Palin,I am sure the mainstream Biased Media will be on her every move,trying to find fault with her and the truth about her.

July 26, 2009 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  22. Randy, San Francisco

Obama has been received warmly overseas. Reparing 8 years of failed Bush/Cheney foreign policies will not be easy or fast. Hillary is doing an excellent job. Obama won the election....Republicans should just get over it and move on.

July 26, 2009 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  23. joanna

Palin is an immature child. She serves as pure entertainment for most Americans. No body fears her. But we do enjoy the show she herself creates, then cries about. My four year old doesn't whine as much as this lady. I want to debate her. I am sure i could give her a major run for her money. And i don't have to worry about what I say. I would let the my thoughts fly!!
    Some of you act like this women is so superior that we are all so scared of her ower and emmsense knowledge of issue that we have to attack her. She brings it, she calls press confrences, she parades her children around, she fights with talk show hosts. SHE IS A JOKE!!!

July 26, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  24. chuck

Think about these two names-- Trig and Tripp.

July 26, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  25. Axelrod...not thinking..period

This man is now too busy to fix the damage contol of OH!Obama once more misspoke..."the police acted stupidly" now the rod has to be fixed to fix Obamas' axel....Leave Sarah Palin alone and get on with keeping Obama oh so savvy.....!!!!!Ha ha ha ha savvy Obama

July 26, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |