July 26th, 2009

Axelrod: I'm not thinking about Palin's next move

WASHINGTON (CNN) – David Axelrod, one of President Obama’s most trusted political advisers, said Sunday that he does not spend time thinking about what Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin might do next.

“I can tell you with absolutely honesty,” Axelrod said Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union, “that when I sit around with my political friends . . . there’s very little or no discussion of Sarah Palin.”

“And I really have no idea what Gov. Palin is going to do,” the Obama aide told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “She’s entering private life now. We wish her well and it’s up to her to decide what role she’s going to play in the future. She’s got plenty of advice, I’m sure. She doesn’t need mine.”

After making a surprise announcement late last month that she would be stepping down, Palin is set to transfer power to her lieutenant governor on Sunday amid speculation that her bombshell move is intended to lay the groundwork for a White House run in 2012.

1. Ernie in LA

I'm sure Obama keeps him busy working on the "Transformation of America."

To Lilarose in Brandon Oregon, Yeah, she will always have her followers who think like she does just like Obama's sheep who follow him no matter what he does to America.

July 26, 2009 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  2. John

Sarah Palin is a right-wing poster child. If you're a right-winger, then you "CONNECT" with her; the rest of society does not. She's a polarizing, non-transformational, stick-in-the-mud figure who has a history of making brash, knee-jerk decisions.

She's a lot like Bush, only prettier and more ignorant.

July 26, 2009 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  3. nea-nea

All the man said is that he is not thinking Palins next move then he went on to say he wish her well. Now Obama haters blast him for that .One thing about haters they are loyal to their cause, when they hate you they hate you and nothing you do can please them.

July 26, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  4. Bill

Whats the relevance of CNNs question of Palin to David A?
    Why not interview Palin instead of David if you want to know whats she is upto?
    the media trivia is holding this country hostage on their cable chatter that can never tackle issues

July 26, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  5. The Shrooming Liberal

She is a total idiot and the fact that she has followers is the only thing thats frightening! She is a backwards slack jawed yokel who only appeals to other slack jawed yokels!

July 26, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  6. Jim

The Wasilla Hillbillies are heading to the lower 48 to pan for gold – good god...

July 26, 2009 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  7. Uncle Fester

Axelrod is the one running the Obama white house. Obama is just a figure head!!!

July 26, 2009 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  8. Bev - NYC

Are you folks serious? No one lives in fear of Sarah Palin. This Democrat will miss the side splitting laughs I get every time she opens her mouth. Now that she is a private citizen without the publicist and the big money backer of the party she may be funnier, as evidenced by her rambling resignation. I hope she keeps getting coverage. Even her fashion sense has suffered, what was up with those red sandals in a business suit. Every time she speaks, the Republican party will forever be linked to this mistake. Just like they are with the current crop of bigots the tea partiers and birthers.

July 26, 2009 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  9. AJ

I'm sure Axlerod and other Obama toadies are more comcerned about cleaning up the latest Obama mess than they are about Sarah Palin. We Democrats had an amazing opportunity and wasted it on this guy. Responsible is to Democrat as honest and moral are to Republican...

July 26, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  10. in ohio

Anybody ever notice that Palin is like a really old version of Jessica Simpson. I think Jessica is a pretty woman who genuinely means well, but she's dumb as a rock.

Well, I guess since Jessica is a talented singer... so they're not exactly alike...

Also Jesicca has this posted on her web site "I look forward to reviews, no matter what they are. I look at it as constructive criticism. If anything, it just pushes me to do better the next time"

Could never imagine Palin saying such a thing.

July 26, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  11. Terry from TX

I'm sure Palin is a very nice woman, but she is by NO means ready for the international stage. Intelligence is something you either have or you don't ..........you can't cram for it.

It should be no surprise that Bible thumping, undereducated, simple-minded people see themselves in her.

Does no one find it ironic that she hold a degree in JOURNALISM, yet can't form an intelligent, coherent sentence on the fly???
    For her to think she could match wits with the likes of an "elitist" Harvard grad and President of the Harvard Law Review are laughable at best.

July 26, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  12. jjj

As a pure political hatchet guy for Obama, Axlerod is either incompetent or a liar. Oops, more likely both

July 26, 2009 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  13. Zero.

I had great health insurance, until I walked out on the highway of dreams..

July 26, 2009 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  14. Oh Really Wingnut?

Ever notice how right wingers LOVE using words of fear and distraction..."radical", "rationing", "communism", "terrorist".

I guess Revelations teaches them that.

They holler about this being a "Christian nation", yet know NOTHING about acceptance, forgiveness, cooperation for the greater good.
    They really do make me sick and November 2008 was just as much a referendum on them as it was on 30 years of failed GOP policies.

The Christian crusades are in full swing, folks!

July 26, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  15. LacrosseMom

Considering that when polled Americans did not know who is the leader of the GOP.

Considering that Palin was not mentioned in the top 10.

Why should the Obama camp be concerned?

July 26, 2009 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  16. alvino

I really don't think Palin put the crooks in Alaska in jail. She spent most of her term fighting her own ethics violations. It is obvious she has little understanding of government.

July 26, 2009 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  17. alvino

While the right wing nuts are happy to see that Obama's popularity has dropped, they should see how much more favorable he is viewed when you put the likes of Palin, Pawlenty, Gingrich, Mitt-wit, or Huckabee up against him.

July 26, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  18. jr

the day we stop talking about Pain, the better off we will be.

July 26, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  19. S M R

The Obama Administration and it's supporters will never lose sleep over Sarah Palin. I say to end this argument we have a debate between Obama and Palin. The feelings by the GOP supporters that we are SCARED shows how STUPID THEY ARE. Sarah Palin is "A JOKE" just like her supporters.

July 26, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  20. JS007

It is important for Palin supporters to be honest – I think she's a beautiful lady and probably a "real" person (e.g. goes fishing) but those are not qualifications for being president. For president we want the smartest, toughest, wisest and MOST HONEST person. I consider myself to be very smart but I admit that Obama is probably way smarter than me – and that is GREAT – you want a president with a good grasp of the issues.

Bush was way smarter than Palin but he too wasn't exactly a genius, and he was also very dishonest (like Palin, who is a pathological liar) and look at the destruction he wreaked upon America – stop voting for people who'd make good beer drinking buddies. You wouldn't go to a doctor based on whether he was "real" or "fun" but to one who knows what he's doing.

July 26, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  21. S M R

Sarah Palin and her supporters are the LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD.

July 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  22. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Personal to Poker_Person:

Her core "believes"?!?!?!

Speaks volumes, my friend, speaks volumes.

July 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  23. B

Hey--- John King! Palin is not news anymore.....

Get him a ticket to Fox News.

July 26, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  24. Kevin

Four hours, 20 minutes and counting (EST) nah nah nahhh nah, nah nah nahhh nah, heyyy heyy hey, go-ood byeeee!

July 26, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  25. The black spider

Anybody with a fonctional brain as a politician will worry less about Sarah Palin as a rival.
    She can run for a senate seat in Texas which I beleive is the only place she can appeal to her sembable hillbilies and ignorant racist bigots.

July 26, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |