July 27th, 2009

OFA launches 'Tweet your Senator'

WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Obama's political operation at the Democratic National Committee is launching a tweet offensive to keep the pressure over health care reform on Congress after members head home for the August recess.

Organizing for America, which has asked volunteers to knock on doors, make calls and attend public events in an effort to try and build a local grassroots campaign in support for passing the president's health care plan, unveiled a new feature in the campaign Monday: "Tweet Your Senator."  Constituents can enter their zip code and an automatic tweet will be generated (hash tags and all) directed at their senator.  A map on the Web site tracks the location and tweet of everyone who sends a message.

Filed under: Social Networking • Twitter
  1. Larry

The website is easy to use. The message is already entered. All you have to do is "Update".

July 27, 2009 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  2. Back to Simple Life

I don't tweet – I call, and I write, and I email. 142 characters doesn't allow an intellectual opinion.

That' how I am, and it won't change.

July 27, 2009 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  3. DJ in the Silicon Forest

Oh, great...more blather and pom-poms for the Government Plantation Plan! The problem with this site is that it ONLY allows for an 'automatic tweet"...ie: a positive comment for the Messiah's Plan for All Mankind. No negative ones, you know...we can't have any dissent for free-thinkin' people now. If that happens, the Powers That Be will have to stoke up the Thought Police sooner than planned!

July 27, 2009 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  4. phoenix86

Yes, tweet your senator and tell him or her to vote against this disaster or face defeat in the next election.

July 27, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  5. DJ in the Silicon Forest

Oh, great…more blather and pom-poms for the Government Plantation Plan! The problem with this site is that it ONLY allows for an 'automatic tweet"…ie: a positive comment for the Messiah's Plan for All Mankind. No negative ones, you know…we can't have any dissent for free-thinkin' people now. If that happens, the Powers That Be will have to stoke up the Thought Police sooner than planned!

July 27, 2009 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  6. machtim akannah

I sincerely hope no Organizing for America volunteer dares to knock on my door. They will need a strong constitution to withstand my commentary of how ridiculous the proposed health plan is. Now, if a local senator or congressman knocks and assures me that the health plan is so good that they are signing up and rejecting THIER current congressional plan, I might just listen.

July 27, 2009 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  7. Hugo

Obama, your ACORN network of Community Organizers and tweeting twitter bugs can't save you on this one! It's a dead skunk in the middle of the road a dead skunk in the middle of the road, dead skunk in the middle of the road and it is stinking to high heaven! Why are you having beers over some stupid waste of time instead of LEADING our Nation?

July 27, 2009 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  8. Brian

That web site is a joke, I've seen the same avatar in about 7 states, saying the same canned message. Wow, that a pile of propaganda and lies our administration is full of in order to "trick" people into believing that everyone wants his crappy health care bill, that he hasn't even read.

When are people going to wake up and see what a joke this admin. is?

July 27, 2009 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  9. Torch

If anyone of these clowns knocks on my door. I'm going to tell that communist to get off my property.

The president's health care plan is just like him.....a loser.

July 27, 2009 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  10. stormerF

Another ACORN plan to socialize medicine,When are we going to learn,these community activist programs only benefit those in power?The congessional budget office has said this health care plan will cost jobs,increase the deficit,and harm the economy,so why are the Democrats not listening to their own budget office? what are the Democrats hiding?

July 27, 2009 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  11. Melissa

Great idea. I sent my tweet.

July 27, 2009 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  12. Mich

Great I can tell Dick Durbin that I don't want social Health Care.

It will take away freedom of choice.
    It's no cheaper then what I pay now.
    It will force me off my present health care.
    It even may tax me on benfits that my employer pays.

JUST SAY NO THANK YOU

July 27, 2009 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  13. Esco

The people can finally voice their opinions on this...thank you! Tweet on Twitters...

July 27, 2009 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  14. donttreadonme

It is dems that are also blocking this plan. Personal Heathcare with some regulation will help fix this issue.
    The Dem strategist are trying to make it a Repub / Dem issue and this is not the case

July 27, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. No Hillary = No Obama

This isn't social networking, this is social manipulation. Obama – always the opportunist.

July 27, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |