August 3rd, 2009
  1. Mark

What are we up to on the Broken Campaign Promises Ticker? 10?

Can't wait to face tax hikes, though I was promised none. I most certainly still stand by my decision to vote McCain.

August 3, 2009 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  2. nea-nea

To be clear i heard on msnbc earlier that they do intend to raise any taxes on the middle class. And this was coming directly from the whitehouse,

August 3, 2009 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  3. Enough

Is the sky blue, the grass green? No kidding Obama backing down on tax breaks for 95% of Americans. Our whopping $13 a week didn't last too long. Can't wait to see how much he wants out our pockets this time. Willing to bet it will be substantial.

August 3, 2009 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  4. Idiot_Pelosi

Here we go. More DEMOCRAT TAX HIKES.

Obama (The used car saleman) has struck again.

Obama is a joke.

August 3, 2009 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  5. Trade Freedom for Security, Lose Both

Wow, didn't see this one coming – a tax increase. What is surprising is that WH is actually floating the idea of a VAT instead of income tax hike. A Value Added Tax is regressive and most burdensome on the poor and middle class, but it allows Obama to say he did not raise income taxes on those making under $250K. Arrogant elitist.

August 3, 2009 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  6. George

All you good little socialists should not question what your fair share is, as it is not up to you to decide. All you good little socialists should not questions what companies the government will sieze, it is not up to you to worry about.

August 3, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  7. Bob in Pa

Anybody who actually read anything about BO knows taxes where what he was all about. You were all okay with taxing the rich to get something for yourselves, but taxation and spending always runs downhill. Shame on you all for voting this group of socialist/communist people into place.

August 3, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  8. Henry Miller

"Read my lips! No new taxes!"

Breaking that promise is what got GHW Bush kicked out of office and it will do the same to Obama.

We're being taxed and spent to death by Big Government!

August 3, 2009 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  9. ArtNYC

Spend and Tax, Tax and Spend, we've heard this one before. Obama is no different than the previous democrats.

August 3, 2009 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  10. John

get ready for the renege...........
    this is becoming a pattern with Barack.....say one thing......then do another later....

this guy makes me nervous now....... which Obama should I believe?

August 3, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  11. Clifton

Isn't this EXACTLY what the Republicans were trying to say when Obama was campaigning? Typical dumb-ocrat! This is why Bush, et al, would give stimulus money BACK to the very people paying taxes, and not a bunch of special interest groups and more government bodies!

August 3, 2009 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  12. G

Ugh....this is not the change we were promised. For the last 6 months it has been politics as usual...If he raises my taxes he loses my vote, it is that simple. We need third party alternatives that can bring us real change. Obama has been a eloquent sham....we won't be fooled again!

August 3, 2009 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  13. barbara

I am not one of the 65 million plus lemmings who believed anything that he had to say in the first place. The day will come when the rest of us get to say how we told ya so. By then, however, he will have done the damage and the nation, as we knew it, will be no more.

August 3, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  14. Jon in CA

Only obama-bots believe Obama can DRAMATICALLY increase spending without increasing taxes.

You, libs, are grazing from the government trough – bellowing for more "feed" without expecting to get slaughtered.

Keep those blinders on!!

August 3, 2009 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  15. Michael

I am a middle class American. I don't qualify to refinance my mortgage because I am still making the payments, I can't trade in my car with 172,000 (actual) miles on it because it is not a gas hog (it is a clunker though) because it does not quailfy for the CARS program. I took a 10% pay cut last February, but I still have a job thank goodness. My health care premimums went up but I am still able to pay (barely)
    So now what will get for a stimulus...a tax hike. It just does not seem fair. Somehow this all seems wrong.

August 3, 2009 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  16. ran

A tax increase will be less then what the profit insurance companies have been getting and will continue to get in increase premiums.

Give us a single payer non-profit insurance plan now. It is time to stop making a profit on our health.

August 3, 2009 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  17. k gardner

With all the huge amounts of money that is wastefully spent each day in America, by LOBBYIST, DRUG and INSURANCE COMPANIES, HEALTH CARE FOR ALL AMERICANS COULD BE EASILY PAID FOR! Of course the NEW MEDIA wants to SCARE US by talking about raising taxes. Where were they when the Iraq War was pushed through! They wouldn't air anybody that was against such a terrible war , the deaths in the millions or the billions of dollars it would cost. Now we are told by the NEWS MEDIA and REPUBLICIANS talking heads, that Health Care is to expensive? The Republican members of the House & Senate have NO PLAN OTHER THAN KILLING ANY PROGRAM that would fix our BROKEN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. Let's see if this message gets printed?

August 3, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  18. Devin

So much for those of us in the middle class being spared.

August 3, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  19. Ken from missouri

I am a middle class worker I make $40,000 a year the goverment takes 32% out of paycheck every month and I have a wife and 1 child
    I cannot afford to give the goverment more money if our president
    raises taxes on us he will be going back on his word .

August 3, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  20. lynn in NM

Back on the table??? DUH!!!! It never left. How do you think Obama is possibly going to pay for all this unless he raises YOUR taxes??? He certianly isnt' going to dig into his own pocket, and neither are the rest of the dingbats that are voting this stuff through. HELLOOOOO!!!!!

August 3, 2009 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  21. Obama Victim

were they ever really off?? how do you Obozofools feel now??

August 3, 2009 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  22. Matt in MN

but... but he promised! No new taxes for 95% of Americans!

Hope and Change we can believe in.... sure seems like same old, same old to me.

August 3, 2009 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  23. Predicta

If my taxes increase after Obama's assurance that it wouldn't for people under $250,000, I'll be voting against this administration and all it's congressional cronies in 2010 and 1012.

August 3, 2009 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  24. Deep Throat

They have to be. Someone has to pay for the Bush's eight years and now the fabulous spending spree the current moron has spent.

August 3, 2009 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  25. Rush Goebbels

I would rather pay it in taxes than paying it in higher premiums like unregulated electric rates,gas bills,and gasoline prices.My electric rates have gone up 65% in five years since deregulation,that were supposed to lower rates.What a lie.

August 3, 2009 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |