August 5th, 2009

Grade the Obama administration on health care

UPDATE: Lines are now closed. Thanks for weighing in.

(CNN) – Grade the Obama administration's handling of health care reform. Call in your grade right now at 1 (888) GRADE09. That's 1 (888) 472-3309.

You can also text your grade to 22360, and vote online at CNN.com/ReportCard – and listen for the results in this hour's Strategy Session on The Situation Room, coming up later this hour on CNN.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Ifrinn

Gigantic Failure...Spending throw away dollars, rewarding failure, increased the National debt, allowing people that hate Americans into our country and NOT supporting our Allies, etc. No real plan when offering change, Mr. Obama: Leave my health care alone...I want Choice, NO Socialistic Medicine or Socialistic GOVERNMENT!!! Keep out of my life!
    As a VET, I hate being called an Enemy of the State by a Country that I put on the uniform and defended. Were are the "Sons of Liberty" when we need them again?

August 5, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  2. Enough

"F" Trying to cram this crap down our throats and they don't even know what it says! Read it and understand it before you push it! If it was so great they would be the first ones on the new plan................but not a one of them is going to join the plan they want us to have.

August 5, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  3. Lisa, Saugus MA

I give him a C...many broken promises

I give his policies a D-....nothing really done except growing the deficit. Not the change I could believe in!

August 5, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  4. special kay

President Obama (A-) considering the state of the economy when you took office.

Repubs (F-)

August 5, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  5. Marym

I give the the president an A. He is doing everything for the good of the people, he is not doing this for himself but the republicans are always criticizing him in every move he makes. I hate those republicans.

August 5, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  6. Ian

F. The situation with health care and all social initiatives for that matter is simple: it is my money, not yours. If you take my money and give it to others through excessive taxation without my consent, then I will fight you. There are millions just like me. We will fight you.

August 5, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  7. Proud Liberal

Where were the polls for gwb? can I vote for bush now? I give bush an F. President Obama A++

August 5, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  8. John C.

Give the President a B+ the Democrats need to rally the troops against the insurance company opposition to keep status quos.
    The Republicant and Conservatives talked about the Latin America "Banana" Republic. But the act just as Cavez all they need is Red T-Shirts.......Support Obana he works for us 24 / 7 He already has paid good insurance

August 5, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  9. alfred

He gets a B. Needs to explain the plan effectively to the American people considering the negative propaganda from the GOP.

August 5, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  10. Ratan

I will give him A. I am surprised why us people opposing health care reform. Please don't listen dum GOP dumper. Please think as like as something is better than nothing.

August 5, 2009 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  11. Please, NO more republicans!

President Obama A++
    republicans F-

August 5, 2009 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  12. Neutralizer

There's NO A++, only A. If there was G in that selection that's the button I would push for Obambi; too bad the lowest is F.

August 5, 2009 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  13. lb

Obama....F. Why is he pushing through this cost prohibitive agenda and not listening to "health care reform" as suggested by the govenor of Minnesota. It was a very logical approach to providing good, affordable health care. Obama's agenda is not reform it is a socialist agenda. Where do the dems think the money for this program will come from? With 10% unemployment and business revenues down, tax dollars are down 80%. Just remember, Obama never had a job where he had a payroll to meet or a budget. He even counterdicts Geitner on how this will be paid for. How can anyone support an agenda with no facts? Instead of opeining your mouths, really think about this proposal and the detrimental effects Obama is having on our country. He is dangerous and needs to be reigned in. Is there anyone in Congress who will stand up to this man? Who is the power house behind this little known president? You can only wonder where the real power lies!

August 5, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  14. AM

I gave Obama an "F" - first it was the stimulus bills! Now it is push health care without telling the American people truth! Gov't run health care is better than health care being run by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies who pay big bucks to members of Congress and to Obama! Too me the only true President is William Jefferson Clinton. Does anyone know who Barry Osetoro is? He is sitting in the White House!

August 5, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  15. Alex, Scotland

I really don't understand your question. His reason for health reform, A; do the American people need to do it now? A (yes); the way he's going about it, A. I give the Republicans F for not listening to the voice of reason and for being prejudiced to Obama efforts.

August 5, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  16. dg

anyone who believes in this no health bill are just where obama wants them in the jokers seat...F is for fools

August 5, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  17. Stephanie

I gave him A+.. He is doing what he can to help everybody and that is very good even though republicans oppose him all the time...at least he is not going to war on false pretenses!

August 5, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  18. Mary Campbell

President Obama is doing a fantastic job–A+– coping with all the messes that came along with the job. I am wishing more jobs were created but this does take time. I really want an improved health care system. I suspect most of those people who claim they're happy with their health care haven't had to use it. The Insurance company has too many "outs": " Your prescription is not on our formulary", "Your Dr is not on our preferred provider list", "your Hospital is not on our preferred provider list". Another good one is "you are in the Donut Hole". But being in this "Donut Hole" does not similarly reduce the premiums. The problem with the current system is that the insurance companys are not concerned with Health Care, but rather with Selling Premiums.

August 5, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  19. Bernard Viney Jr.

I give President Obama an A+. He has accomplished more in less that one year than most presidents accomplish in one term. He is commited to solving the problems that hinder Americans every day. His health care plan is a huge improvement over what we have now. However, I still prefer a single payer system. President Obama is, also, commited to renewable energy. If we utilize the energy provided to us everyday by God, we can provide millions of jobs, clean up the Earth, and avoid future conflicts. As far as foreign policy goes, diplomacy is the key! Lets prevent war not provoke it! May God bless us all!

August 5, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  20. betty in Arizona

I give him an A+++. He has taken on a load since coming to office. Yet we expect over night results when Bush took 8 years to get us here. Everything that happened in the past administration has not come to light.

Give him a chance people. Could you do as well if you had just entered an new job? NO!!!!!!!!!!! Would you like to be judged so harshly?

August 5, 2009 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  21. Dan Leon Guerrero

I believe that Obama is doing a fantastic job, and is faced with a tough job because of the greedy and unofficial capitalistic special interests backed by the Republican that are making a lots of money on the backs of the working class, with the status quo.

I give Obama A and the most hard working, brilliant ethical and honest person working for all and not just the powerful special interests. Its not easy to improve the system and people should have some patience and support him for a better world.

August 5, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  22. makesUwonder

Well, I certainly would give him an A+ for his great con job, brainwashing his sheeple, playing the race card, and speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

F... for the people he has employed in his administration and an F for running this country.

August 5, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  23. Bill

Obama gets a B+ the congress has to the bills forward than the prez can back one that accomplishes the administrations goals. The economy has an inherent strength that is evident once credit thawed. Now the stimulus begins to pick up steam we see not rosey rebound but a steady improvement.

August 5, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  24. Mike in MN

The poll is closed. Did not get a chance to submit my greade of D minus. The only reason I do not give an F is becasue something does need to be done to get coverage for everyone. But that does not need an overhaul of the entire system the impacts 80% of Americans that are happy with their current coverage. The scope should be just to get those covered who are without coverage.

August 5, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  25. donttreadonme

"F" for his pork laden, special interest payback, "stimulus" bill.

August 5, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |