August 6th, 2009

Start spreading the news: Palin in New York

Sarah Palin, who kept a relatively low profile for immediately after stepping down as Alaska governor, has stepped back into the limelight.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin, who has kept a relatively low profile immediately after stepping down as Alaska governor, stepped back into the limelight with a visit to the media capital of the country.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate - in town to meet with the publisher of her upcoming book - dined Tuesday night at New York's storied media haven, Michael's Restaurant, with a group that included husband Todd and attorney Bob Barnett. The party - which arrived without a reservation, according to Michael's Manager Danny DiVella - requested a table in the front of the restaurant. A crowd gathered outside to catch a glimpse of the group through the window.

This morning, a jeans-clad Palin was spotted on 5th Avenue and 55th Street with her husband and daughter Piper, carrying her baby son Trigg. There has been no announcement of when her next public appearance may be.

Palin's first public post-resignation comments came at a National Rifle Association event in Anchorage over the weekend which did not include reporters.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. John

New Yorkers, you guys are done.

She is in your Town.

God bless you.

August 6, 2009 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  2. Dan with the Sarah Plan

Yeah cheif, she's cooking!

August 6, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  3. JHG

CNN executives, journalist, editors, somebody! ... Please stop the nonsense. I will hold dearly and always remember what a great news organization CNN once was.

August 6, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  4. Mich

Wow! I thought she HATED the media? I thought she wanted them to go away? Sits at a table in front of the restaurant where all the media in New York hangs out. Palin's a liar.

August 6, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  5. Joe

I thought this was CNN Political ticker not TMZ.. My god where are the Journalist no wonder no one in this country knows what is going on with healthcare or how many soldiers died today.. Did you find out what she ate and how long it took and what color her shoes were ha ha ha! What a joke you are CNN you should be embarrassed reporting this crap while war criminals still walk free in this country

August 6, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  6. Gloria

She claims to hate the media & then requests a table in front so she can be seen!!!

August 6, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  7. kishen c.rao

who paid for her ticket...?????just dig out...ok..

August 6, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  8. George

"Sarah is in town to meet the publisher of her new book." Is this a comic book or a coloring book?

August 6, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  9. C.K.

Palin is such an idiot and a hypocrite, claiming she hates the media spotlight, and then she requests a table at the front of the restaurant. That only means one thing, photo op. Isn't your 15 minutes of fame over? You can't accept that you're a loser, a quitter and a moron. Palin, do us all a favor and go back to Alaska and stay there.

August 6, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  10. BKrause

What? Write a book? The milky wolf-huntress from Alaska can't utter a coherent thought, or a complete sentence, or a resonant idea. This is gonna be some short book.

August 6, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  11. Kris in Denver

*Yawn* Oh, is what's-her-name being all mavericky again? Good for her. Excuse me, I need to take a shower and find some real news.

August 6, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  12. Bob in VA

What exactly is the news here? Or is this just an excuse to publish a pic of Palin and bump up the hits on cnn.com?

Palin is looking good in this pic but then again so did Miss California.

August 6, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  13. Doug - Dallas

Who cares??????????????????

August 6, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  14. Bluskys

If Palin is news God helps......

August 6, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  15. erik

She is pathetically transparent. At least to people with any ability to think objectively or analytically .. Her supporters (idiots who believe the earth is 6000 yrs old, Adam and Eve, End Times, etc etc) are obviously excluded from that group.

She is a media ho who makes her living bashing the media...

August 6, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  16. Lisa in Shelton

LOL – low profile?! She's been in the media nearly daily.

To the GOP dodo – If Clinton left us with the biggest surplus ever and GWB left us with the biggest deficit plus ongoing expenses from two unwinnable wars, and the looming collapse of the job market, stock market, housing market, banking industry, US automakers, etc – plus an unresolved problem with social security and medicare and uninsured Americans and illegal immigrants and failing power grids and denial of global warming – all of which will continue to impact our country's economics for yrs, PLUS a legacy that includes torture, a multitude of lies and criminal abuses – how is this the Dems fault?

August 6, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  17. Pass

I am sure CNN can find more news to spread around than what Palin.,is doing. She had her 15 minutes of fame , now let her retire and RIP,

August 6, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  18. Arlene, Illinois

Extra Extra stop the press, Palin is in town!
    Maybe she is looking for 30 Rock.

August 6, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  19. stop the insanity

Sarah Palin is an ignorant, hypocritical, lying, quitter. There I said it. Must make me a "liberal" and hater.

August 6, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  20. Niki Birdsflight

She is still using that Down Syndrome kid as a prop for her issues and "followers". She does not know that you do not take your kids, normal or not to any dinner with a publisher. She is as usual a clueless woman with no manners, no tact, no sense of reality who lives in a delusional world fueled by fools like her. Soon enough she will vanish in the darkness of her abilities as no table up front /in the window of a restaurant will make a difference. Not even the fools will know she is there.

August 6, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  21. Not Left or Right but Forward

I ate lunch at a restaurant in Chicago yesterday – and I have a job that I didn't walk out on.

I can find all 50-states and their neighboring states and/or countries on a map.

I can read a newspaper.

I can buy a house without having a contractor on my employers' payroll build it for me.

I don't beg for money to fight my battles.

I have a Master's degree that I earned in 2 semesters at a major engineering school.

My employer doesn't give me $50,000 to buy a wardrobe because I can't pick out clothes appropriate for my job.

I don't claim per deim when I'm at home.

I don't put my kids on per deim when they travel with me.

Isn't all of this more newsworthy than anything in the article?

August 6, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  22. patsy in iowa

I sure hope she doesn't run for anything so we don't have to sit through PALIN PALIN PALIN all the time. I am wishing we had another news channel that will concentrate on news. Palin eating at Michael's is not news! It's celebrity gossip.

August 6, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  23. The Scarce Truth

To quote Colbert, "...knowing the book will have to end, she will stop writing at page 10 and leave the other 200 blank."

August 6, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  24. Philly

When did CNN become the new TMZ? She wouldn't be getting this kind of coverage if she weren't attractive. There's too many important things going on that the press should be focused on, instead of her.

August 6, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  25. mike

This is in no way news – HOWEVER I love reading how Republicans STILL support this woman! She's as sharp as a marble and contradicts everything she says. She hates the "liberal media" yet shows up at a NYC hot spot with NO reservation and requests a table near the front window? Please republicans, stop labeling all news outlets as "liberal media" because they actually report news without an agenda. Not all media outlets are FOX! And thankfully so....

August 6, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |