August 6th, 2009

Start spreading the news: Palin in New York

Sarah Palin, who kept a relatively low profile for immediately after stepping down as Alaska governor, has stepped back into the limelight.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin, who has kept a relatively low profile immediately after stepping down as Alaska governor, stepped back into the limelight with a visit to the media capital of the country.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate - in town to meet with the publisher of her upcoming book - dined Tuesday night at New York's storied media haven, Michael's Restaurant, with a group that included husband Todd and attorney Bob Barnett. The party - which arrived without a reservation, according to Michael's Manager Danny DiVella - requested a table in the front of the restaurant. A crowd gathered outside to catch a glimpse of the group through the window.

This morning, a jeans-clad Palin was spotted on 5th Avenue and 55th Street with her husband and daughter Piper, carrying her baby son Trigg. There has been no announcement of when her next public appearance may be.

Palin's first public post-resignation comments came at a National Rifle Association event in Anchorage over the weekend which did not include reporters.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Sherry Bereford

Palin at a fine NY restaurant? What an elitist!

August 6, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  2. Tam T

The article states "her party asked for a window seat in front of the restaurant". She's all about the "picture". She doesn't give a rats as% about her children or husband. They are all props to her.

Here, look at my handicapped baby. I'm so special because I kept my baby even though he was handicapped. Here, look at my handsome, rugged husband, isn't he swell? Look, my daughted did the "bad thing and had sex before getting married " but she didn't have an abortion so we'll keep her! Can I please be admired by all you low lifes and pay me tons of money?

August 6, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  3. Alicia

Ugh........I guess since radio did not want her she has to do something to get in the limelight.

Funny, she blames the MSM for all her problems, but continues to go after publicity.

Maybe the Quitter will eventually Quit and go home.

August 6, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  4. Laughing at her in Texas

I thought she was getting a divorce before she writes the book or starts her Nancy Grace does political commentary imitation on Fox news, so she wouldn't have to share as much alimony with Todd later.

August 6, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  5. Not Left or Right but Forward

New York better watch out – look what happened the last time a woman with political aspirations moved into town! Yikes!

August 6, 2009 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  6. Susan from W Kentucky

Who cares what this washed up ex-governor is doing or what she has to say about anything. She has zero credibility with me.

August 6, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  7. Daisy

This feels strangely like Reality Television.

OMG. What will she do next.

August 6, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  8. Wake Up

You garbage liberals just love beating up on her....with your lies, exaggerations and stupid jokes. As dumb as you think she is, she still understands the meaning of the constitution! Obama just wants to tear it up and make himself king.

August 6, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  9. JWS3

Why so much fear?

August 6, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  10. Jim in San Jose 2

When was the last time she was low-profile?

And truth-teller, let's take a long look at the Party of No you support...
    Turning the biggest budger surplus into the largest budget deficit to date? Check
    Invading a sovereigh country under false pretenses? Check
    Mis-leading the Congress and the country in order to justify that war? Check.
    Torturing combatants from that war? Check
    Trying to sell us on how Christian you are? Priceless...

Go tell it to someone who believes your lies and deception...

BTW, did I mis-spell any words?

August 6, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  11. Seattle

Palin news worthy they are dreamers at CNN can't go one day without the party of NOT .
    Go back to Alaska Palinyou can eyeball Russia while Todd is in the back row pulling the sled can see the same view each day .
    Oh yes they need another bridge to no where and Palin what a fit you are for that the party of NOT and Palin is a NOT .
    Obama 2012

August 6, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  12. makesUwonder

Oh, I think Sarah is working up to attack her prey and she won't be leaving any alive. I can't wait to see this!

August 6, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  13. Independant from NY

She should go back to her so-called "pro-american" part of the country.

August 6, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  14. ~~ July ~~

God Help New York!!!

August 6, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  15. Theresa

I think liberals are funny. I mean, what is her crime here. NOTHING! She didn't announce it because the media would have been salivating to get a picture. Also, what is she supposed to do with her children? If she didn't have them with her, you would be screaming, "Whose taken care of the kids?" I love Sarah! Palin 2012!!!!!

August 6, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  16. Royster

I MISSED IT! Darn!! What was the soup of the day at the restaurat??/ Tell me!!!

August 6, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  17. John

She is the Pride of the GOP.

She is the Spice of the GOP.

She is Color of GOP.

She is the Light of GOP's darkness.

She is the Charisma of GOP.

She is the Attraction of GOP.

She is the Eye Catcher of the GOP.

She is the Magic of the GOP.

She is the Life of GOP.

Without her GOP will be a Petal-Less-Flower :S :)

August 6, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  18. Oregon calling

Aren't her 15 minutes up yet? Please Move on!

Peace :-)

August 6, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  19. And...

Palin's not even in public office anymore. She quit! So why do you feel the need to tell us her every move? No one cares CNN.

August 6, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  20. Jerry

On this beautiful day in Mahattan I took an extended walk, mainly in Central Park. I saw so many images of visitors enjoying our wonderful city that I was indeed inspired. Fortunately, I did not pass Sarah Palin or I would have plunged into a deep depression. Please, Sarah, go back to Alaska and eat boiled blubber.

August 6, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  21. jim in Ohio

CNN, please keep covering this woman, Palin running in 2012 would be the best gift any Democrat could receive!

August 6, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  22. melk

lol can't she even wait to take deep breath? she is so eager to be the us president isn't she? how many years and how many schools did it take her for that degree? just saying. i can't wait for this book and her appearances on the media she claims victimized by. don't get me wrong i am republican but can't handle this lady. she is non sense.

August 6, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  23. Zion

You know, I may gain respect for her just yet. She is making money, and not running for President. What do I love further, she is telling both political machines to kiss her butt. She should. When McCain first lost, Republicans and Democrats alike pointed their fingers at her. Hey, I'm never mad at anybody who wants to live their lives, and make money while doing it.

August 6, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  24. Ronda

CNN....what happened to you? Are your rating so low that you have to give this woman print-time? I am sorely disappointed in CNN. You are becoming like TMZ!!!! CNN the #1 News Source (be carefully what you wish for)!

August 6, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  25. cspurgeon

What a pig!! Alol foor money,money, money. I wonder what her family feels like being paraded around. A seat in the window.. what a Pig,i

August 6, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |