August 8th, 2009
  1. Chris

When I read about healthcare fraud I always think of the lady I met at the voting booth last year. She (and her first time voting daughter) were standing in line waiting to vote for Obama. Why, I asked, are you voting for him? Why, for all of the benefits he's going to give to us.

August 8, 2009 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  2. Stephanie

What about the fraud on CNN? News sources in a democracy are supposed to be objective, informative organizations that help to keep the public INFORMED.

Cnn has become yet another corporation that profits from running ads that are full of the lies, distortions and scare tactics of insurance companies and ignores the lies and talking points the political pundits spout all day.

There is even a Republican shrill like David Frum on so called unbiased panels.

August 8, 2009 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  3. Dale

My brother is a professional physical therapist and he is ALWAYS being pressured by his employers to exaggerate billing for his work. Straighten a pillow for the patient? Charge it to Medicare. Say hello in passing to a nursing home patient? One unit of "counseling" charged to insurance. My brother has changed jobs 3 times because he felt he was being forced to violate his ethics.

I don't know how to fix it. But I do know the system is broken.

August 8, 2009 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  4. Mark,B'ham,Al.

And who is leaving these loop holes that people can commit fraud not only on medical payments but also every other government program or government funded program? Congress and The President. What is the real percentage of money alloted for programs is accounting for possible fraud? I have heard the media say 10% on several occassions. Any health care bill needs to also have "TORT REFORM" included or we will have not helped cut cost. I would rather see doctors whose pay is lowering get rich than lawyers get rich. Most of Congress is lawyers who write the screwed up legislation that helps their special interest get rich! On Both Sides!

August 8, 2009 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  5. Sniffit

The only solution is to ban insurance companies and put eveyrthing in the hands of the government; that way no fraud will ever take place.

August 8, 2009 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  6. MC

Not only is it costing insurance companies a lot of money to send screaming idiots to these meetings, it is giving people jobs! I hope this madness goes on a little while longer, I'm out of work & could use the $$$. The employment figures will continue to improve & then maybe I could afford the ridiculous cost of health insurance.

August 8, 2009 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  7. eddoc

Certainly there are some providers who are charging for procedures they have not done or inflating the nature of the patient's visit but the greatest fraud in health care is that perpetrated on the American public – FOR PROFIT "insurance." Everytime a claim is denied, or a person deemed "unhealthy" is dropped, their profit margin is increased. For profit insurance is immoral.

August 8, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  8. nea-nea

Yes! We know that there is fraud and its not just Doctors but Insurance Companies as well. When you go up on prices of coverage just because you feel like it or because of the rising costs of medical claims to me thats fraud too then we have to pay for it.

August 8, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  9. Keith in Austin

Any of you left wing liberal idiots know that the DMC Is purposely demonizing the insurance industry for their own polital gain and to take the heat off their failed Healthcare reform bill? Simply put, if the Government freed up the ability for us to purchase health insurance outside the state we reside, the power of capitalism could be unleashed due to open competition. What Democrats fail to accept is that with more competition, prices drop dramatically. Tort reform is also a huge need that would save billions in malpractice litigation but the Dems want nothing to do with it. Please stop drinking Obama's grape Kool-aid America! Don't be suckers to his lies and deception! He's a radical socialist hell bent on Big Government and nothing more!

August 8, 2009 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  10. Anonymous

Who else beside Drug companies are in bed with Obama?

August 9, 2009 01:29 am at 1:29 am |