August 10th, 2009

Relatives of Eunice Kennedy Shriver summoned to hospital

(CNN) - Relatives of Eunice Kennedy Shriver were summoned to a hospital on Cape Cod, Massachusetts Monday, a source close to the family told CNN.

"It's minute-to-minute right now," the source said.

Shriver, 88, has been was in the hospital for several days, her family said, and her relatives were summoned after she suffered a "setback," the source said.

Shriver founded Special Olympics. She is the sister of former President John F. Kennedy.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Claudia in Houson

My prayers go out to this family and I pray Mrs. Shriver isn't suffering.

August 10, 2009 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  2. They call me "Tater Salad"

God speed to the sister of one of the greatest Presidents this country ever had. Our prayers are with you.

August 10, 2009 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  3. windfall

very sad. thoughts and prayers for Maria and the rest of the family. Eunice did an extraordinary amount of good in her life.

August 10, 2009 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  4. Allen, Cypress, Texas

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time. The Kennedy family has been an important family in American history and I'm praying and hoping for a miracle for her. Hope she survives this ordeal.

August 10, 2009 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  5. dominican mama 4 Obama

She's a great lady. If recovery is not in the cards then may God grant her a speedy departure from this earth so that she may not suffer unnecessarily.

August 10, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  6. Katie B in NC

This lovely lady has a beautiful soul. I'm praying for her and all who love her.

August 10, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  7. Shingo

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kennedy/Shriver families. They have been significant in US history.

August 10, 2009 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  8. Dan Canadian

She's a Kennedy enough said, respect earned. May she rest in peace.

August 10, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  9. J.L. n MD.

My prays to each of her family memeber. The World will truly be a "colder" place without this good woman.

August 10, 2009 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |