August 10th, 2009

Town hall was 'Missouri manners at its best,' says McCaskill

(CNN) - Some town hall meetings being held by members of Congress around the country have turned heated as citizens have come out to express their concerns about health care reform. Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Missouri, held a largely civil health care town hall meeting Monday in her state.

McCaskill said she remains optimistic about the process of crafting and passing health care reform legislation.

"I think I was able to hopefully correct some really bad misinformation that's out there. People are just getting information that is flat wrong" McCaskill told CNN Congressional Correspondent Brianna Keilar.

Filed under: Claire McCaskill • Health care • Missouri
  1. Gator

Good for Senator McCaskill, conducting a civilized discussion on this important issue.

The leaders of these meetings should have any unruly fringes removed from the room, so that honest conversations can be shared amongst the adults.

August 10, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  2. Michael from Chicago

That was beautiful. Live television at its best!

August 10, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  3. Yellowbird

I am for public option health care. Actually I want HR676 to pass and become law, but I have allowed that I will COMPROMISE and ACCEPT the president's plan as long as it has a public option that is comprehensive and affordable to the poorest among us without qualifiers.

I stay away from the town meetings because they're far far away and because I am afraid my crazy neighbors will follow me home and burn down my house... as they promised to do.

Why? Because I am a Democrat.

August 10, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  4. J.P.

Doh! I meant "illiterate." Eighty words a minute, and on a good day I might actually type a few correctly!

August 10, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  5. Albo58

McCaskill is a Obama-worshipping pig and should never be trusted in anything she says!

August 10, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |