August 13th, 2009

Democrat: We don't need 'socialized' heath care reform

(CNN) - Rep. Steve Rothman, D-New Jersey, said at a meeting in Secaucus that the aim of health care reform is not to make America's system mimic Great Britain's or Canada's.

"I, for one, don't want a system like Great Britain's. I don't want a system like Canada's. I don't want national health care, and I don't want socialized medicine," he said.

Rothman said that any health care bill coming out of Congress has to "fix what needs to be fixed" but not "destroy what's good about the existing private health insurance system."

Filed under: Health care
  1. CONNECTICUT CITIZEN

I DO NOT want Socialized Medicine. The medicare is bad enough. Doctors now are reluctant to accept medicare patiences'. Can't imagime what kind of care we will receive with obamacare! Doctors probably will retire early and there will be a LIMITED NUMBER OF DOCTORS to care for people under this type of health care. Any Doctor I would want to go to will be in some sort of PRIVATE ONLY practice and I will have to PAY thru the "nose" to see him. That's a fact. SOoooooooooo for my RIGHT to privacy and personal freedom I will have to PAY for the publlic's health care AND thru the "NOSE" for my own. That doesn't seem fair or RIGHT.
    WHO IS WRITING THIS HEALTH CARE BOOK OF RULES ANYWAY? Everything I have heard SO FAR is pretty FAR OUT!
    This "government" is out of it's cotton pickin' mind.
    NOW THAT'S A FACT YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK !
    I PROTEST – I will protest in my VOTE! NO TO OBAMACARE !

August 13, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  2. Th3rdpwr

So, he doesn't want to destroy what's good about private health insurance. Question: What's good about it?

August 13, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  3. donttreadonme

The far-left has hijacked the dem party. They don’t want reform they want control of a Industry that represents 1/5 of our total economy. Healthcare reform YES-Government control-NO.

Welcome back Regan-dems or as your party now calls you “blue dogs!” You are being spit on by these same liberals that have hijacked your party.

August 13, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  4. DEB

Our taxes pay for men like this to have free healthcare insurance and he has the nerve to say this when I cant even afford my own health insurance. THE NERVE!

August 13, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  5. jj12345

Part of the problem is that none of these representatives can even answer or defend anything contained in the draft, yes draft bill.

August 13, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  6. WhoCares?

After the last few months I have come to an understanding.

Americans don't deserve good healthcare. They deserve to get dropped for whatever loophole an Insurance Company finds. They deserve to have their elderly die and to become bankrupt due to medical bills.

They are too big of cowards to deserve it...To easily swayed by fear of frickin' the word "Socialism". The people that would benefit the most are yelling against it because they are too stupid and scared to see that they are pawns.

Reap what you sow America....Reap the Whirlwind....you deserve it!

August 13, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  7. Jake

says the government man who is fully insured!

August 13, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  8. DEB

STEVE ROTHMAN you will be up for RE-ELECTION... REMEMBER THAT!

August 13, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |